Chris Birkett on Bid tv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
Just tuned in about 5 minutes ago to see Chris on bid tv 10pm-1:30am shift.

I'm not sure what to make of it at the moment, but it really is strange seeing him on there. - His facebook status 2 hours ago being ''OMG, just been told I am on Bid TV at 10pm till 1.30am..My big chance on the Flagship Channel....'' may mean he hasn't been on there before, or not regular. (I'm sure I have seen him on there once though!! ;) ) If this is the case, he is doing a good job at it, and I'm sure I will be watching for a while! ;)

- I think they may be short on presenters at the moment, due to many being on holiday and due to Paul Becque having time off with his baby, they probably needed somebody at short notice, as Nicola George has done his shift the past couple of nights, and I havent seen her for ages.

I like the presenters on the Sit Up network far more than QVC and IW, but why do they sell such crap with extortionate P&P/phone call charges? :angry:

I like the presenters on the Sit Up network far more than QVC and IW, but why do they sell such crap with extortionate P&P/phone call charges? :angry:

Because they sell many items below cost, and with low P&P charges would damage their profit.

A while ago, price-drop tv done 1/3 of P&P and calls. So calls were £1 instead of £1.50. The premotion went on or a good ew weeks, but the call charge only lasted a matter of days.....the reason being, as so many people ring up and buy, or just don't confirm, I'm sure they were loosing a fortune!!

It is could back a while now, but they used to say on average, 1,500 people miss out everyday....so they would be loosing near enough £1,000 on that. Also what about the 10,000+ per say who ring up...thats £5,000.

Sit-up arent stupid, and even though they make a loss on products, they soon make it up with P&P and calls. If these were gone, I think Sit-up would be too soon ater.

Sit-up do listen to their customers, but these changes are just not viable or the company. If they were making £10/£20 on each item, they would lower the costs I'm sure!! :)

Latest posts

Back