Peter Sherlock derides Speed Auction

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

steveh31

Registered Shopper
Peter Sherlock on Price Drop this morning when being told the quantities of a ladies top:

"4!! We're not Speed Auction you know what's going on... Speed Auction is our sister channel that does end of line we are Price Drop why have we only 4."

If Speed Auction is held in such contempt by presenters why do they bother with it?

It just seems to be a joke for all the presenters to take the piss out of.

I think as long as it isbreaking even, or making a profit, there would be no need to get rid of it.

If they did, they would have to make the full timers redundant Etc. and there would be no point of that if they are making money out of the channel.

It is also a good channel to train new people up into their company, as it is their 'training' channel as I like to see. All the new directors, producers, camera men and even the presenters now start on here.

Afternoon guys,

The Speed Auction comment was meant in a warm-hearted way, as Speed has lower quantities than Price. I'd never be mean about my own channel (I work on Speed occasionally) - and also some of my best friends work on there full-time. Sorry if it came across as derision, it's just my Scouse sense of humour. xxx

Thanks for making that clear, Pete :)

I know for sure that you would be one of the last people to take the mick out of the channels, and I enjoyed watching you on PD this morning!! :D

How funny, I am a "channel representative" apparently. LOL. Although, I must add that these comments are from me - Peter - and not the channel speaking, if that makes sense.

LOVED the new set. Felt really relaxed and fun. Glad you enjoyed it x

My father in law is from Liverpool so I know the scouse humor very well thanks to his eldest son (him indoors) with his quips.. I knew what you were saying Pete. x

Nice to see Peter on here you said this morning you would pass feedback on so please make sure you do the criticisms as well as the emails you read were just praising everything. I do like the new music on the idents but the on screen graphics are not good and please get them to get some new background music and do away with the hooter.

How funny, I am a "channel representative" apparently. LOL. Although, I must add that these comments are from me - Peter - and not the channel speaking, if that makes sense.

LOVED the new set. Felt really relaxed and fun. Glad you enjoyed it x

Hi Peter, wicked to have you here!!

Can I just take this topic OT a minute please - can you see if you can do anything about the continual lying about the, I use the term loosly, netbook which your channels keep selling. Its the one that runs Windows CE. Your co-presenters keep harking on about it being a laptop (it isnt!!!!!!), the fastest laptop (WTF???!!), it has Microsoft Word (it doesnt!!!!), it runs Windows (not proper Windows it doesnt!!)... this is nothing but LYING AND MISLEADING! Please tell them to stop it!!!

its the 10" Ocean Netbook with Camera

Hope you can help, thanks!!

it runs Windows (not proper Windows it doesnt!!)...

Windows CE is 'proper windows', it's made by Microsoft, and published by Microsoft. It's a compact edition for devices which are less powerful.

As for 'Microsoft Word', that's a joke... they probably mean Word Pad (which is a world apart, but still made by MS).

These channels went downhill post 2003.

Yes I know it is (a) Windows and who writes it, BUT it is not 'proper' Windows at all in the commonly accepted terminology! Potential customers will hear them say it that this POS runs Windows and they will naturally assume they can install all their favourite programs...they can't!!

Yes they mean Word Pad, so they should say Word Pad instead of lying! As you say, they are two completely different apps! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back