PDA

View Full Version : Some Major changes to come.

Bennyxp
25-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Taken from 'news.bid.tv'

''Bid shopping has come a long way since launching the UKs first-ever live auction TV shopping channel in 2000. Now with three web and TV channels to our name bid, pricedrop and speed auction as well as our online-only channel, Pricedropper, we have forged a reputation as one of the UKs best-loved multichannel retailers.

Over the past six months, weve been asking you our customers to let us know what you feel is working, whats not, what you love and what youd like to change about us.

Weve taken everything you said into account which is why, on 1st August 2011, were launching a new, improved shopping experience across our four channels bid, price drop, speed auction and our new online-only channel, pricedropper.co.uk.
Some of you might have received a little preview through the post this week. Once again, weve very curious to hear your opinion, so please leave your comments on this page.''

Feelings please!! ;)

steveh31
25-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Well as we cannot see anything yet it's hard to comment and they are not revealling anything

Jason
25-07-2011, 06:28 PM
I said it in the speed auction board but I'd love to see a rising price channel again!

StumpyBloke (old account)
25-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Be honest for once with their descriptions, lower the rip-off P&P and call charges and that'll do!

DarJos
25-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Be honest for once with their descriptions, lower the rip-off P&P and call charges and that'll do!

There's more chance of Amy Winehouse being alive than that happening Rich.. (Sorry if that offended anyone I loved Amy to bits)

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
25-07-2011, 09:58 PM

i was going to say they wont reduce the P&P or call charges as thats how they make most of there money i remember from on here

25-07-2011, 10:59 PM
There's more chance of Amy Winehouse being alive than that happening Rich.. (Sorry if that offended anyone I loved Amy to bits)

Yup you are probably right!

25-07-2011, 11:00 PM
i was going to say they wont reduce the P&P or call charges as thats how they make most of there money i remember from on here

Well I wish they would up the price of the item and lower the rip off charges then I wouldnt get so riled when they say such and such a piece of crap they are selling is 'only a fiver'! No it aint you freak, its a fiver plus another tenner! Gggrrrrrrr

Greg
25-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Yes. Lower the p&p charges to 3 Make the phone calls free. Get some decent products in then I may be tempted to buy from your network.

25-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Yes. Lower the p&p charges to 3 Make the phone calls free. Get some decent products in then I may be tempted to buy from your network.

Hell thats pushing it a bit, I would never buy from them...in fact I would need to start watching them first!! LOL

Tasi
26-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Reduce p&p prices, and sell better quality stuff. Introduce a multibuy savings: ie if you buy several things on the same day, have a deal on postage. Make sure when the lines are 'closed', people cannot ring through. At the moment, I think, if they do they are still charged. And above all, don't take the shoppers for fools.

Bennyxp
26-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Reduce p&p prices, and sell better quality stuff. Introduce a multibuy savings: ie if you buy several things on the same day, have a deal on postage. Make sure when the lines are 'closed', people cannot ring through. At the moment, I think, if they do they are still charged. And above all, don't take the shoppers for fools.

I think they are starting 'multibuys' from august :)

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
26-07-2011, 11:44 AM

i think so cause i was watchin Sophie on price-drop yesterday and on the purple strap it said "MULTIBUY phone once and order more than one" so it looks like thats goin to happen

Jason
26-07-2011, 05:57 PM
I see price-drop's set has had a lick of paint today. The flags have been painted over, are they getting a new set?

ryan91
27-07-2011, 06:04 PM

Multibuys are going to on selected products only

steveh31
27-07-2011, 06:17 PM
The closer it gets the more I think it's just gonna be a damp squid painting the walls of Price Drop tv the same colour they already are doesn't really seem like a big revamp and no publicity.

27-07-2011, 10:57 PM
The closer it gets the more I think it's just gonna be a damp squid painting the walls of Price Drop tv the same colour they already are doesn't really seem like a big revamp and no publicity.

Exactly - didnt they have some major fanfare for loads of changes a while back (new studio or something) - but it was still shite and instantly outdated when supposedly new?

Shepherdess
28-07-2011, 12:02 AM
I wish they would lower the price of postage, they did lower it to 4.99 a while back which was much better and if they do multibuy postage that will help. I don't buy a lot from them mainly because of the postage costs but would probably buy more if it was cheaper, as for the phone call charges I only ever buy online as I refuse point blank to pay the ridiculous amount they charge for the privelige of buying from them.

ryan91
28-07-2011, 02:14 PM
the channels, from Monday, will now be known as 'bid' 'price-drop' and 'speed-auction', with the 'tv' being dropped from the name, which is a bit strange.

I received the flyer last week, and another few points to make is :

There will be a new look across all channels - from the way the flyer is worded, I would assume it is new graphics across all 3, with 'more clearer on screen instructions' and not just price-drop and speed auction adapting the current bid ones - the presenters have moaned a bit about the current bid ones, with them not being able to properly read certain text on screen, so the clearer on screen instructions sentence could be a further indication of this change.

The flyer also mentions that the new look involves what's on the screen, the sets and also what the presenters are wearing!

There will also be alot more new products come August, with the added option to Multibuy, as I've already mentioned though, it will only be for selected products only.

Lastly, there will be better demonstrations, so the presenters are going to be talking through the details of the products much more indepth.

Bexi
28-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Doesn't sound very major to me

steveh31
28-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Well on the demonstrations Charlie does this brilliantly already it's the "lazier" ones who just sit there and talk about their private lives that may find it a bigger challenge... not mentioning any names Li.ahem.sa Br..ahem..ash, Ja..ahem... Ru...ahem..ssell.

Bennyxp
28-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Doesn't sound very major to me

More major than anything else which has happened on the channels in the past 5 years! ;)

Bennyxp
28-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Well on the demonstrations Charlie does this brilliantly already it's the "lazier" ones who just sit there and talk about their private lives that may find it a bigger challenge... not mentioning any names Li.ahem.sa Br..ahem..ash, Ja..ahem... Ru...ahem..ssell.

More will take it easier than others, but to be fair to Lisa Brash, I like her personality and how she come across. - I think if she got told to do a demonstration, she would do it well (Or just burn her finger on the pie maker!!) :D

I do have to agree with what you said about Charlie. He is brillant when demonstrating products, and done well today with the 8 pies he made! :D

Bennyxp
28-07-2011, 05:58 PM
UPDATE: We have Paul Becque cooking a chicken, potatoes and veg in the hallogen oven now! :D

Jason
28-07-2011, 06:31 PM
I would have thought that they would have changed the names of bid and speed auction since you no longer bid on them.

Skytvfreak
28-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Anybody else get the feeling they are trying to turn into a cross between a more downmarket version of QVC/Argos TV with these changes!?

steveh31
28-07-2011, 08:48 PM
I think the change in presenter's dress will make it more downmarket obviously the male presenter suits will be going I think we looking at polo shirts with the logo on.

28-07-2011, 09:56 PM
I think the change in presenter's dress will make it more downmarket obviously the male presenter suits will be going I think we looking at polo shirts with the logo on.

Sorry Steve, did I read that right... you think the clothing style will make the channels MORE downmarket? Feck, is that even possible - what is below chav??????? :)

steveh31
29-07-2011, 04:55 AM
I think it's better when they wear suits when they "dress down" during clearance it can be embarrassing especially Far who seems to not realise that he has buttons on his shirt. "Hello ladies I'm Far come get me" yuk!!

teddybear581
29-07-2011, 09:32 AM
like a lot of others I agree that they must get their postage and phone calls charges down . I no longer buy from them since I orderd some matching bedding and the postage and calls came to nearly 20.
Once bitten etc.........:down:

steveh31
30-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Charlie is playing down the changes saying they only very minor and not to get carried away with. They seem to be trying to backtrack maybe they think they overdone it and its not as big as they have made out.

DarJos
30-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Mark Ryes tweeted this to someone about the changes , "@ali_vincent We decided back in November 2010 that the colours weren't really "on brand" any more"

steveh31
30-07-2011, 03:57 PM
"on brand" ?? :wonder: i think i prefer "bang on trend" then again.

Well next time i see teenagers on the bus i expect to here them using the phrase "on brand" as Mark Ryes is a trend setter with the youth of today.

Bennyxp
30-07-2011, 04:57 PM
"on brand" ?? :wonder: i think i prefer "bang on trend" then again.

Well next time i see teenagers on the bus i expect to here them using the phrase "on brand" as Mark Ryes is a trend setter with the youth of today.

Too right.....did you hear about the white trainer thing a few weeks ago?! Well, we was selling black trainers and he was like ''No body wears white trainers anymore, because they aren't on trend anymore because when people see them, they get their muddy feet and stand on your trainers and they don't stay white. If you have white trainer, you have to get these''

The next day, he was doing the 'Dwal of the Day' which was the spinny mop, and he was wearing white trainers!! lmao

- Steve MacDonald did say last night ''This is the last time I'm going to be wearing a tie o price-drop....I quite like my tie...'' So, I think they are going more casual. - I suppose that Charlie is reffering to people thinking they may be going back to rising auctions.

steveh31
30-07-2011, 05:06 PM
I see Nark Lyes has been dropped from the Deal Of The Day that was a great long running success the new logo looks like a Deal or No Deal box

Price Plunge
30-07-2011, 05:29 PM
There's probably an official press release somewhere, but if you want to see the new channel logos they're here:

http://www.tv-live.org.uk/news/?p=141

Liam
30-07-2011, 05:32 PM
There's probably an official press release somewhere, but if you want to see the new channel logos they're here:

http://www.tv-live.org.uk/news/?p=141

They're also on the front page of shoppingtelly.com...... :angel:

Bennyxp
30-07-2011, 06:11 PM
http://news.bid.tv/index.php/bid-rebrand-hear-what-you-think/

steveh31
31-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Found this amusing the sit up channels will be known under the banner of Bid Shopping but I don't think they realise what the term bid shopping means:

http://civilengineerlink.com/bid-shopping/

31-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Ha ha ha that's awesome!!!!

DarJos
31-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Nark Lyes is excited about tomorrow as this tweet shows "Hey I get to wear JEANS on telly tomorrow morning.... and that's not all. Find out why at 0745 on www.speedauction.tv or Sky 665."

steveh31
31-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Well maybe we should be grateful he is wearing jeans he could have decided to dress like his fantasy Tom Daley... if you having your tea when reading this sorry.

DarJos
31-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Thanks Steve I feel sick now!!!

steveh31
31-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Nark just said they not allowed to say what's happening tomorrow... how bizarre they don't want to big up any interest with the viewers.

steveh31
01-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Can we rename this thread to "same old s**t" please same music and background, same sets, Andy Oliver in a suit, same annoying hooter. No wonder they were playing it down.

Jason
01-08-2011, 06:52 AM
It looks like they've just taken QVC's graphics and changed the colours.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
01-08-2011, 10:48 AM
It looks like they've just taken QVC's graphics and changed the colours.

ha thats excatly what i thought

Bennyxp
01-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Nark Lyes is excited about tomorrow as this tweet shows "Hey I get to wear JEANS on telly tomorrow morning.... and that's not all. Find out why at 0745 on www.speedauction.tv or Sky 665."

He must have been very narked off, as he was wearing trousers! - I bet he was smug thinking he will have jeans on, and then the producer/director makes him change into trousers!! :D

Jason
01-08-2011, 04:10 PM
He was also complaining about how small the new graphics were on speed auction this morning!

01-08-2011, 05:31 PM
So they big-up all the changes all to result in crap graphics, which are far too small to read, take up too much screen space and STILL not widescreen layout. Oh and lets not forget the continuing rip-off phone and P&P charges! Well just proves the channels are run by genuine frikkin idiots!

steveh31
01-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Yes when they are selling size products you cannot see the size and number to press way too small and what's with this percentage quantity I saw earlier that is not making the buying process easier!

Bennyxp
01-08-2011, 10:22 PM
So they big-up all the changes all to result in crap graphics, which are far too small to read, take up too much screen space and STILL not widescreen layout. Oh and lets not forget the continuing rip-off phone and P&P charges! Well just proves the channels are run by genuine frikkin idiots!

Don't you think that the biggest complaint 'bid shopping' have is about P&P charges? If it was viable for them to lower it, they would! - But due to them selling lots at and below cost, that is their main source of profit! :)

Greg
02-08-2011, 06:56 AM
The graphics look really naff. Instead of being at the edge of the screen, they are in the middle, so it gets in the way of being able to see the products being sold. :clapping:

Tasi
02-08-2011, 06:59 AM
I can't read the graphics and the p&p charges are even smaller. Still selling rubbish too.

Ps. I seem to have lost pricedrop on here... Have I missed something or just plain not looking in the right place? I am presuming the 2 have been merged into one.

steveh31
02-08-2011, 07:11 AM
The three sit up channels have been merged into one section under the "bid shopping" banner.

Greg
02-08-2011, 07:12 AM
They may as well combine the crap together.

alan1302
02-08-2011, 06:13 PM
The graphics look really naff. Instead of being at the edge of the screen, they are in the middle, so it gets in the way of being able to see the products being sold. :clapping:

It's so people with older, square TV's can still see all the information

02-08-2011, 06:48 PM
You are right Alan, but at some point they've got to grow a pair and cater for the mass market which is widescreen not 4:3. And besides, those TV's wont work soon anyway without a freeview/sat/sky box so no excuse really.

Bennyxp
02-08-2011, 08:05 PM
You are right Alan, but at some point they've got to grow a pair and cater for the mass market which is widescreen not 4:3. And besides, those TV's wont work soon anyway without a freeview/sat/sky box so no excuse really.

They will if they put one of those scart freeview boxes which they sell on the channel!! :D

02-08-2011, 08:09 PM
They will if they put one of those scart freeview boxes which they sell on the channel!! :D

Yeah cos they are such awesome quality and not at all a rip-off!! :)

Tasi
02-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Hubby and I can barely see the blinking graphics let alone read 'em He turned to me and said 'Do you think they have left the H out of SITup? Because that is the mess they have made' I of course, didn't know what he meant:giggle:

Bennyxp
03-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Yeah cos they are such awesome quality and not at all a rip-off!! :)

To be honest, they do work, and to the job specified. - They sell the same sort of thing in Currys/Comet too.

03-08-2011, 10:46 AM
And I know where I would rather get one from!!! :)

Bennyxp
03-08-2011, 11:38 AM
And I know where I would rather get one from!!! :)

Why? Its the same product!

03-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Well, are they substantially cheaper than Currys/Comet etc including the extortionate call and P&P charges?

Bennyxp
03-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Well, you just assumed that they would be cheaper at currys.

03-08-2011, 12:39 PM
OK, that doesnt make sense - I assumed nothing - its a genuine question - are they substantially cheaper at Currys/Comet etc?

Bennyxp
03-08-2011, 01:38 PM
No i meant when you said ''And I know where I would rather get one from!!! :) '' I think they are about 35 in currys, and bid sell them anywhere between 20-30 :)

Administrator
03-08-2011, 03:38 PM
No i meant when you said ''And I know where I would rather get one from!!! :) '' I think they are about 35 in currys, and bid sell them anywhere between 20-30 :)

Plus P&P, Plus the phone Call ... Currys it is then :)

Bennyxp
03-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Plus P&P, Plus the phone Call ... Currys it is then :)

Fair play if it is the same price, but the thing was, he already made up his mind before knowing the prices :) - I'm not trying to be mean, but people think of them as crap before seeing items/ prices! lol Some things they do are very good.

Graham
03-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Fair play if it is the same price, but the thing was, he already made up his mind before knowing the prices :) - I'm not trying to be mean, but people think of them as crap before seeing items/ prices! lol Some things they do are very good.

I agree 100% and if they were more upfront about things I would be more than happy, but these days "Two fivers" yeah and another two for the P&P and phone call, and all this selling for less than we paid for it, this is happening so often it just puts me off, they have some very good presenters but they also have some that should find something better to do. I want to get to know a presenter, to know I can trust them. I was shocked at how many presenters at bid shopping I don't even know the names of .... maybe some kind soul will do a thread so I can put names to faces of presenters and assistants.

I want to LOVE bid shopping, but a few things need to change first.

Liam
04-08-2011, 02:50 PM
selling for less than we paid for it

Which is probably completely true - sans the P&P and Phone charges, of course.

04-08-2011, 05:56 PM
but these days "Two fivers" yeah and another two for the P&P and phone call, and all this selling for less than we paid for it, this is happening so often it just puts me off

Exactly!!!!

Jason
04-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Price-drop's set is already looking tatty. There's a couple of black marks on the left hand side purple wall! :grin:

steveh31
04-08-2011, 08:59 PM
I think Price Drop has been worst done by in the revamp of the three channels Speed Auction titles are good as are Bid but Price Drop now looks to me to be the cheap channel.

Bennyxp
05-08-2011, 09:15 PM
I think Price Drop has been worst done by in the revamp of the three channels Speed Auction titles are good as are Bid but Price Drop now looks to me to be the cheap channel.

I like the look of Price drop's set. What revamp has speed auction had? Thanks.

Bennyxp
05-08-2011, 09:22 PM
More will take it easier than others, but to be fair to Lisa Brash, I like her personality and how she come across. - I think if she got told to do a demonstration, she would do it well (Or just burn her finger on the pie maker!!) :D

I do have to agree with what you said about Charlie. He is brillant when demonstrating products, and done well today with the 8 pies he made! :D

Spoke too soon! :L All the presenters have had the pie maker and have demonstrated with it....tonight was Lisa's turn!! :L

Well....She decided to have a baked bean and sausage pie, and a chocolate spread and banana pie. (2 or 3 bits of tiny banana!! )

You should have seen all of the chocolate she put into it! :L When they opened it up, around BOTH pies, was about 1/2 inch thick of where the chocolate had spread out! :D There was so much chocolate, it spread all the way round the pie next to it!! :P I've never seen an as big disaster with it, but she seemed to love it!!

They must have had a whole tub of chocolate spread in the glass bowl, and then she got a large dessert spoon, and scooped the chocolate out and ate it in one!! :P

She did make a mess of it, but it was hillarious!! :D GO LISA!!! :D