Some Major changes to come.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
Taken from 'news.bid.tv'

''Bid shopping has come a long way since launching the UK’s first-ever live auction TV shopping channel in 2000. Now with three web and TV channels to our name – bid, pricedrop and speed auction – as well as our online-only channel, Pricedropper, we have forged a reputation as one of the UK’s best-loved multichannel retailers.

Over the past six months, we’ve been asking you – our customers – to let us know what you feel is working, what’s not, what you love and what you’d like to change about us.

We’ve taken everything you said into account which is why, on 1st August 2011, we’re launching a new, improved shopping experience across our four channels – bid, price drop, speed auction and our new online-only channel, pricedropper.co.uk.
Some of you might have received a little preview through the post this week. Once again, we’ve very curious to hear your opinion, so please leave your comments on this page.''

Feelings please!! ;)

I said it in the speed auction board but I'd love to see a rising price channel again!

Be honest for once with their descriptions, lower the rip-off P&P and call charges and that'll do!

Be honest for once with their descriptions, lower the rip-off P&P and call charges and that'll do!

There's more chance of Amy Winehouse being alive than that happening Rich.. (Sorry if that offended anyone I loved Amy to bits)

i was going to say they wont reduce the P&P or call charges as thats how they make most of there money i remember from on here

Well I wish they would up the price of the item and lower the rip off charges then I wouldnt get so riled when they say such and such a piece of crap they are selling is 'only a fiver'! No it aint you freak, its a fiver plus another tenner! Gggrrrrrrr

Yes. Lower the p&p charges to £3 Make the phone calls free. Get some decent products in then I may be tempted to buy from your network.

Yes. Lower the p&p charges to £3 Make the phone calls free. Get some decent products in then I may be tempted to buy from your network.

Hell thats pushing it a bit, I would never buy from them...in fact I would need to start watching them first!! LOL

Reduce p&p prices, and sell better quality stuff. Introduce a multibuy savings: ie if you buy several things on the same day, have a deal on postage. Make sure when the lines are 'closed', people cannot ring through. At the moment, I think, if they do they are still charged. And above all, don't take the shoppers for fools.

Reduce p&p prices, and sell better quality stuff. Introduce a multibuy savings: ie if you buy several things on the same day, have a deal on postage. Make sure when the lines are 'closed', people cannot ring through. At the moment, I think, if they do they are still charged. And above all, don't take the shoppers for fools.

I think they are starting 'multibuys' from august :)

I see price-drop's set has had a lick of paint today. The flags have been painted over, are they getting a new set?

The closer it gets the more I think it's just gonna be a damp squid painting the walls of Price Drop tv the same colour they already are doesn't really seem like a big revamp and no publicity.

The closer it gets the more I think it's just gonna be a damp squid painting the walls of Price Drop tv the same colour they already are doesn't really seem like a big revamp and no publicity.

Exactly - didnt they have some major fanfare for loads of changes a while back (new studio or something) - but it was still shite and instantly outdated when supposedly new?

I wish they would lower the price of postage, they did lower it to £4.99 a while back which was much better and if they do multibuy postage that will help. I don't buy a lot from them mainly because of the postage costs but would probably buy more if it was cheaper, as for the phone call charges I only ever buy online as I refuse point blank to pay the ridiculous amount they charge for the privelige of buying from them.

the channels, from Monday, will now be known as 'bid' 'price-drop' and 'speed-auction', with the 'tv' being dropped from the name, which is a bit strange.

I received the flyer last week, and another few points to make is :

• There will be a new look across all channels - from the way the flyer is worded, I would assume it is new graphics across all 3, with 'more clearer on screen instructions' and not just price-drop and speed auction adapting the current bid ones - the presenters have moaned a bit about the current bid ones, with them not being able to properly read certain text on screen, so the clearer on screen instructions sentence could be a further indication of this change.

• The flyer also mentions that the new look involves what's on the screen, the sets and also what the presenters are wearing!

• There will also be alot more new products come August, with the added option to Multibuy, as I've already mentioned though, it will only be for selected products only.

• Lastly, there will be better demonstrations, so the presenters are going to be talking through the details of the products much more indepth.

Latest posts

Back