Absolutely,Absolutely,Absolutely!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

H

Horatio

Guest Shopper
Does anybody else find the word ABSOLUTELY overused by the majority of presenters and guests on Ideal World?
The majority of the presenters constantly use it and I don't think that most of them know what it actually means and when to use it.
Martyn Parker must be the one who abuses it the most followed by that totally false person Ellis Ward and then by Janice the technology expert whose goods never sell.
I remember one instance
Presenter....... "Hello Janice,it's great to have you back"
Janice............."Absolutely"

It really gets on my nerves and I have to turn the channel over as soon as they start to abuse it.It is only Simon Isles the Greased Lightning Guru who doesn't use it which is probably helps to sell the product which is the only item worth buying on Ideal,SO PLEASE STOP CONSTANTLY USING IT AS IT IS GETTING TO BE QUITE ROBOTIC AND REALLY IRRITATING.

It is the constant use of "incredible" that grates on me. 2 people in particular can't seem to string a sentence together without saying it.

'Literally' is the one that really winds me up - they literally use it literally between literally every word!!!

Hello again Peeps!
I am currently watching Derek Belcher on "Prick of the Day",sorry I meant "Pick of the Day" and he is constantly using the word "ABSOLUTELY" even when it isn't applicable.
This is just to much for me to handle.
Can anybody advise me of what steps I need to take to put a stop to this word being constantly used.
Please get back to me soon as I fear that I may have to utilise a length of rope in the attic space in my home.

Thanks for that,but I was looking for a more educated reply that doesn't verge on the obvious!

So what do you expect us to say then??? What do you expect us to advise??? There is no answer to your issue expect write in and complain! If its too much for you to handle then either get help or turn over - simples!

Thanks for your passive aggressive reply - much appreciated! You'll do really well here!

Last edited:
Wow.........Talk about getting your knickers in a twist,and just how do you see my last post as being passively aggressive?
There are always those types of people on forums who think that it is their job to put new members in their place with authoritarian methods, but I can live with that as I will just ignore you as I have not joined this forum to argue with its members.
Good night all!

Hello again Peeps!
I am currently watching Derek Belcher on "Prick of the Day",sorry I meant "Pick of the Day" and he is constantly using the word "ABSOLUTELY" even when it isn't applicable.
This is just to much for me to handle.
Can anybody advise me of what steps I need to take to put a stop to this word being constantly used.
Please get back to me soon as I fear that I may have to utilise a length of rope in the attic space in my home.

But seriously, what do you expect anyone to say to in answer to your post? You say 'this is just to much for me to handle' and the sensible thing to do is turn over yet you dont want to hear that - so what do you want to hear? Thats a genuine question, I'd really love to know!

Wow.........Talk about getting your knickers in a twist,and just how do you see my last post as being passively aggressive?
There are always those types of people on forums who think that it is their job to put new members in their place with authoritarian methods, but I can live with that as I will just ignore you as I have not joined this forum to argue with its members.
Good night all!

I dont see my place as to put new members in their place (I'm a relative newbie myself) but when you post comments and questions such as yours, what do you expect? Change channels sorts your problems full stop end of!!

Oh and as a side note for those who may be interested...

Passive–aggressive behavior, a personality trait, is passive, sometimes obstructionist resistance to following through with expectations in interpersonal or occupational situations. It is a personality trait marked by a pervasive pattern of negative attitudes and passive, usually disavowed resistance in interpersonal or occupational situations.

It can manifest itself as learned helplessness, procrastination, stubbornness, resentment, sullenness, or deliberate/repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible

Absolutely :wink:.
Cant stand the woman especially when she says "its getting busier and busier and busier" :yawn:.

Dreadful presenting style (if you can call it a style) im afraid.

So am I right in thinking you don't like her cos I can't quite tell from your post?! ;)

Absolutely :wink:.
Cant stand the woman especially when she says "its getting busier and busier and busier" :yawn:.

Dreadful presenting style (if you can call it a style) im afraid.

Yes I agree her continuous use of busier and busier and busier is very annoying and probably totally untrue.
Her other annoying trait is her hand actions when explaining things and her facial expressions,which is also copied by her "Mini Me" on the show the South African girl called Joanne whose manners are unbelievably annoying.

As you have probably noticed,I love a good rant but it does relieve tension after watching Ideal World

I did some radio shows in the past [nothing famous of course] but one of the things you did was to listen back to your shows and critique yourself. You hear the crutch words you fall onto. I was under the impression that this happened on shopping TV too, shows were reviewed. Surely they must hear it?

Maybe if they didn't spend a whole hour on one subject they wouldn't feel so stretched and go up some inane avenues.

My bugbear at the moment is in the technology hours where the hip word is 'Terrabyte'. We were all happy with 250GB but now it has been redefined as a quarter of a Terrabyte....

So am I right in thinking you don't like her cos I can't quite tell from your post?! ;)

Well, sitting here in my chair on a warm wednesday morning with time to reflect on my post, I think I need to clarify my point.

I love her really:puke: :puke: :puke:.......

What an awful, awful patronising woman but, I still watch IW now and again just to see what new rubbish she and others (Andy Love mainly) have to spout and to have a good moan (I love moaning).

Anyway, good moaning all:giggle:

Well how about phoning up and using the dreaded word and see if you get cut off. Something like this:

Ellis (your fave!) Oooooohhhhhh, we have a t.caller (thinks to herself 'we don't get them often'). Hello, you are through to the studio.
Horatio: Absolutely.
Ellis: You have phoned to absolutely rave about Grease Lightning.
Horatio: Absolutely.
Ellis: Do you use it/order it/kiss it often.
Horatio: Absoloooo.
Ellis: Oh, we seem to be having difficulty here, thank you for your call.

Phone back, diff. identity of course, and repeat process, although you will get cut off quicker.

Love the passive/aggressive run down. Can identify many family members there, not me of course, procrastinate, never, that's why I jump to the forum to give my two-penneth worth!

Tried phoning in on many occasions to see if I can get on live.
This apparently cannot be done according the Asian person at the other end of the line as problems could occur with the live link.
"Ah I see"! I said to the ruffled representative.
"It has got nothing top do with me,wanting to express an honest opinion on your presenters and their style.
"Absolutely not" said the rep.
Phone went down in super quick time by me.

Does anybody else find the word ABSOLUTELY overused by the majority of presenters and guests on Ideal World?
The majority of the presenters constantly use it and I don't think that most of them know what it actually means and when to use it.
Martyn Parker must be the one who abuses it the most followed by that totally false person Ellis Ward and then by Janice the technology expert whose goods never sell.
I remember one instance
Presenter....... "Hello Janice,it's great to have you back"
Janice............."Absolutely"

It really gets on my nerves and I have to turn the channel over as soon as they start to abuse it.It is only Simon Isles the Greased Lightning Guru who doesn't use it which is probably helps to sell the product which is the only item worth buying on Ideal,SO PLEASE STOP CONSTANTLY USING IT AS IT IS GETTING TO BE QUITE ROBOTIC AND REALLY IRRITATING.
That phony Denise uses it incessantly.I don't see IW too much but when I do that word is always coming out of someones mouth. There are only 3 presenters on there worth watching in my opinion.Loen,Andy and Janice.Absolutely!

That phony Denise uses it incessantly.I don't see IW too much but when I do that word is always coming out of someones mouth. There are only 3 presenters on there worth watching in my opinion.Loen,Andy and Janice.Absolutely!

LOL...........That's right!
Denise constantly uses "It's ABSOLUTELY superb" and "It's ABSOLUTELY perfect" sometimes even in the same sentence!
It's like they have all been programmed to say it.

Latest posts

Back