New Graphics

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
I know that on widescreen channels they still make the graphics 4:3 safe so that if you don't have a widescreen TV you can still see them, but these seem way to far in the middle.

If anyone has a 4:3 TV can you tell me what it looks like as I believe even on those sets I think it would look too far in the middle. After all I think more people have 16:9 sets now.

I think they look like someone has mocked them up in PowerPoint.

PJ

I think its irelevant because they broadcast a widescreen picture so on a 4:3 TV you should have bars top and bottom. And I'm sorry but if people have problems viewing stuff on an old 4:3 TV its tough titty - time for a new tellebox :tongue:!!

Indeed Steve but with the digital switchover all TVs should be able to display a widescreen piccie on a 4:3 TV...either via new TVs or a freeview/sky box etc

Yeah PJ you are right...most people do have widescreen or widescreen capable TVs now (over 90%) I think were the last stats! My question would be should the vast majority of the population have to put up with 4:3 graphics on any channel due to a tiny amount of people who *might* not be able to view them!? Would love to know the general consensus!

I think they could make the new graphics a lot wider and still be in the 4:3 safe zone or most of it would.

PJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Rhodes is really piss taking over the size of the graphics - "can you see them" "I think they have sold out" "I will tell you the sizes as you probably can't see them" Mike Smith just said "I might needs some new glasses". It's not going well so far.

Mike Smith was joking when he said that....He done it early on in his shift, and I think the producer must have said something like ''Don't start moaning about the graphics...'' as he said ''I'm only joking, I can read them really''

- It is very 'in the middle' on the TV downstairs, but looks okay on mine upstars, (as I don't have mine on full widescreen, it is a bit zoomed in - if you know what I mean!)

It looks 'more in the middle' as they used to have the bar at the bottom going all the way across the screen, which it doesn't now.

I think apart from that, they look better, due to the price/quantity being in bold, so is easy to read. AND no more 'phones locked' with the number on screen!

I think the P&p/phone call prices should be a little larger....I've never seen then so small!! lol

Yeh, p&p charges lettering are deliberately tiny so unsuspecting new viewers won't realise they are being stymied for a tenner before they have even bought anything! You can be sure before long the phone number will appear again on the same screen as the 'phone locked' graphic to fleece yet more cash out of people. :mysmilie_365:

Yeh, p&p charges lettering are deliberately tiny so unsuspecting new viewers won't realise they are being stymied for a tenner before they have even bought anything! You can be sure before long the phone number will appear again on the same screen as the 'phone locked' graphic to fleece yet more cash out of people. :mysmilie_365:

But before bid's graphics changed on their birthday last year, PD and SA until now, the P&P/ phonecall charges were in quite a bit type.

I doubt they will have 'phones locked' and the number on the screen again, because if they wanted to, they would have done that with the new bid graphics last year.

Latest posts

Back