Jewellery as a Gift!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Garnet

Registered Shopper
Hi Everyone,
I want to give jewellery gift to my girlfriend if anyone have some suggestions plz help me, I have searched in many shops and very much confused how to select the best one for her.

Well hun it depends on how much you want to spend, what she likes and what exactly you want to get her.

They do have alot of fab bargains on TJC website in the action section and you could sit and make a good choice from them.

Hope this helps hun.

Hi Garnet,

I can see how this is confusing for you, if you haven't bought jewellery before!

One advantage of a high street jeweller is that the sales staff can assist with things like this; the downside is that there is less vareity and the prices are higher. Even if you decide to buy off the TV, I would recommend looking at some jewellery websites first to get an idea of what is a available. (Gems TV also have a lot of jewellery shown on their website www.gemstv.co.uk - much more than TCJ - so I would definitely recommend looking there.)

My best advice would be to take a look at the kind of jewellery your girlfriend already wears, so you will know what she likes - does she often wear a ring, pendant, or bracelet? Does she wear gold or silver? (Silver is a fraction of the price o gold, by the way, so you will get a lot more for your money but it may not seem as "special").

As for price, you could be spending anything from about £15 to thousands, so if you don't have a specific item in mind, a good starting place would be to decide roughly how much you want to spend, and then go from there.

If all else fails, ask her! I know you want it to be a romantic surprise, but jewellery is a very personal thing, and your girlfriend would enjoy helping to choose the perfect piece which she loves as a present from you.

Good luck!

Have you looked on www.rocks.tv some real bargains and you can return them if you or she does not like them. They do re-sizing and the presentation boxes are very very nice.
I have had some lovely things from them recently.

In my opinion, there isn't a girl I know who wouldn't love diamond stud earrings. The only problem is they are non-returnable and no use if your girl doesn't have pierced ears. The reason I've suggested this, is a diamond ring may make her think of engagement...bit of a problem if your not ready for that commitment :eek:.

Have you looked on www.rocks.tv some real bargains and you can return them if you or she does not like them. They do re-sizing and the presentation boxes are very very nice.
I have had some lovely things from them recently.

That's what I was going to recommend - some amazing bargains to be had as so few people know about the site, prices from under a tenner for some fab gemset silver right up to massive diamond rings at a fraction of the price you'd pay even at Argos, 30 day money back guarantee, fabulous packaging and you can even get her name put on the authenticity certificate.

In my opinion, there isn't a girl I know who wouldn't love diamond stud earrings. The only problem is they are non-returnable and no use if your girl doesn't have pierced ears. The reason I've suggested this, is a diamond ring may make her think of engagement...bit of a problem if your not ready for that commitment :eek:.

I don't like Diamonds so you know one person :D if someone gave them to me they would get them straight back. :p

What is it about diamonds you don't like, yazrose. I'm interested because you really are the only person to have told me this.

Why not just nick or buy her some flowers and buy your self a nice crate of Stella ? treat em mean keep em keen pal :cool:

:lol2:Wrong answer Snoopy. :angrysmilie: Garnet don't listen to him! This is what we do to men who treat us mean ------>
may2006mommies_smilie_trashdh.gif

What is it about diamonds you don't like, yazrose. I'm interested because you really are the only person to have told me this.

Well I think it is mainly because I associate them with war, drugs, child and adult slavery and no matter how hard I try they are just tainted to me now. I know there are companies who do "fairtrade" daimonds but even they don't work on me, I just cannot get the image out of my head of what the mines are or used to be like and the poverty surrounding them.

It ingrained in me.

That's fair enough, yazrose. Respect :cool:. My husband's cousin worked in a diamond mine in South Africa, at the mine face. He loved his job and although the work was hard he didn't have any complaints. If only all diamond sources could be like that. Never managed to get any free samples from him, though :D

Latest posts

Back