What Have I Done.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

calico

Registered Shopper
Last night I took the plunge and bid for a pair of diamond/white gold earrings.
"The item is now £50.00, press hash to place your bid....the item is now £49.00, press hash to place your bid...the item is now £48.00, press hash to place your bid.....you have been unsuccessful....."
I rang CS, got a voice telling me to hold the line and then heard nothing but music for ages. In the end a man told me not to worry and that someone would call me back in ten to fifteen minutes and that I *had* been successful Why didn't anyone tell me to hang-up after I'd placed my bid, or just cut me off instead of leaving me pressing hash all the way through the game?
An hour later (!) a girl who could barely speak English muddled her way through my details and I just knew she'd probably got most of it wrong...
Some time later my fears were confirmed when a guy called and said there had been a 'problem' with my order and he needed to take all my details again.... Aaaarrgghhhh!!
Now I've got to wait 3 weeks for my order to arrive and have this horrible feeling in my stomach that I'll never see it...
I'll let you know....:(

Last night I took the plunge and bid for a pair of diamond/white gold earrings.
"The item is now £50.00, press hash to place your bid....the item is now £49.00, press hash to place your bid...the item is now £48.00, press hash to place your bid.....you have been unsuccessful....."
I rang CS, got a voice telling me to hold the line and then heard nothing but music for ages. In the end a man told me not to worry and that someone would call me back in ten to fifteen minutes and that I *had* been successful Why didn't anyone tell me to hang-up after I'd placed my bid, or just cut me off instead of leaving me pressing hash all the way through the game?
An hour later (!) a girl who could barely speak English muddled her way through my details and I just knew she'd probably got most of it wrong...
Some time later my fears were confirmed when a guy called and said there had been a 'problem' with my order and he needed to take all my details again.... Aaaarrgghhhh!!
Now I've got to wait 3 weeks for my order to arrive and have this horrible feeling in my stomach that I'll never see it...
I'll let you know....:(

EEEK!!!!! am soooo hoping all goes well for you, you are braver than me tho, I am too scared to order from this channel after burning my fingers on auctionworld and others

i ask myself why would a compnay selling to the UK be based in the US. this is enouh to put me off watching let alone buy the pictures look dddgy.

i ask myself why would a compnay selling to the UK be based in the US. this is enouh to put me off watching let alone buy the pictures look dddgy.

I have no idea but I really regret doing it. I'm worried the goods won't appear or that my c/card will get done. In fact...I'm worried that even if they do come, they'll be gross and I won't be able to return them. The woman who first took my order didn't get a word I said either - it was amazing! I know we moan about foreign call centres over here but she was working in the US and her English was appalling. God knows what they must pay these people...

EEEK!!!!! am soooo hoping all goes well for you, you are braver than me tho, I am too scared to order from this channel after burning my fingers on auctionworld and others

I know! It's not like I was drunk when I did it either :mad:

are the goods actually coming from the USA? if so, they'll attract import/customs etc won't they?

if you paid on your CC you should be covered, fingers x'd you get what you paid for! :)

Oh Gaawwwd...never thought of that, and I believe they are posted from the States. When you order you're given an email addy which you put into the 'Your Account' bit and I checked it today and it's either been/about to be posted. I don't know anything about customs stuff but I imagine I'm about to find out. Don't some companies get round it by calling it a 'gift' on the label?

I'm often tempted to buy craft stuff from the States but the import duty always puts me off.
Items up to $36 (not including postage) are excluded but after that amount you should be charged. The killer is that good old Royal Mail add an £8 handling fee BUT not every parcel gets charged, it depends on your luck. It's a pain as a £20 parcel can end up 50% more expensive.
Some companies mark a parcel as a gift when they shouldn't but I believe they get into trouble if caught so not so many do it now.
The good news is that in December the amount goes up - to around 100 pounds I believe.
So after that you can impulse buy a bit more carelessly :D
Good luck with it :41::41::51:

I'm often tempted to buy craft stuff from the States but the import duty always puts me off.
Items up to $36 (not including postage) are excluded but after that amount you should be charged. The killer is that good old Royal Mail add an £8 handling fee BUT not every parcel gets charged, it depends on your luck. It's a pain as a £20 parcel can end up 50% more expensive.
Some companies mark a parcel as a gift when they shouldn't but I believe they get into trouble if caught so not so many do it now.
The good news is that in December the amount goes up - to around 100 pounds I believe.

Thanks for your good wishes, DD. Would have been easier to get it sent to my sis in the US, then she could have sent me my 'gift'....

Sorry about this I'm new here, but I caught your bit about the limit going upto £100, is that in time for Xmas, that would be excellent, I'm alwaysa bit unsure about US companies marking my stuff "a gift", I'm thinking I will get caught out with a big fine or will my box even turn up at all. So an increase will be great.

Thanks for your good wishes, DD. Would have been easier to get it sent to my sis in the US, then she could have sent me my 'gift'....

Even if its sent as a "Gift" it can attract VAT & Duty charges if Customs deem it to be over £36 in value

Hopefully it won't take too long once they post it - I received a parcel yesterday that was posted from Canada on Monday :eek: Ideal World could seriously do with taking a leaf out of their book :D

Even if its sent as a "Gift" it can attract VAT & Duty charges if Customs deem it to be over £36 in value

Thanks for that info. I've emailed them today as the order still shows up as 'processing'. That also means you can't cancel which is a bit odd, as it's said that since day one.

Hi everyone, I've just received a reply to my email (very fast response, which is impressive!) and this is what they said-
"The earrings were slightly back ordered but are now in production and will be leaving the States by this Wednesday. They are shipped overnight priority with FedEx to the Assay office where they get hallmarked. That normally takes 2-3 working days. As soon as they are finished, they send your item to you via Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery.
You should receive your item in about 5-7 working days."

What does 'back ordered' mean? They didn't have any when I ordered them?
I'm getting excited now...:1:

Latest posts

Back