POTD Vitamix Refurbished

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
The current pick of the day is a refurbished Vitamix.

The presenters always say that they haven't heard of many boken down Etc or returned....so how do they have enough 'referbished' stock in all different colours to cover a pick of the day?

I think the Vitamix is a good product, but it is still £399.99 for a refurbished model on the POTD!!

- What REALLY annoys me is that if you did buy one for usually at around £500, if you want an extra jug, they will charge you £99.99 for one!! - I think its bad that somebody was willing to pay £500 for one, and then over charging for the jug!! I can't see a jug costing that much to produce! lmao

The current pick of the day is a refurbished Vitamix.

The presenters always say that they haven't heard of many boken down Etc or returned....so how do they have enough 'referbished' stock in all different colours to cover a pick of the day?

I think the Vitamix is a good product, but it is still £399.99 for a refurbished model on the POTD!!

- What REALLY annoys me is that if you did buy one for usually at around £500, if you want an extra jug, they will charge you £99.99 for one!! - I think its bad that somebody was willing to pay £500 for one, and then over charging for the jug!! I can't see a jug costing that much to produce! lmao

Seems ridiculous to me, especially as John Lewis are selling the "non refurubished" version for just £60 more, and as IW are charging another £8 to deliver the damn thing, so it only equates to a saving of £52, and I think that's disgusting. Regardless of the fact that the product still has a full guarantee. If I was going to buy a refurbished version of anything like that, I'd expect to save £100 at the very least!

- What REALLY annoys me is that if you did buy one for usually at around £500, if you want an extra jug, they will charge you £99.99 for one!!

:mysmilie_85: I had a look on the Vitamix website and they want £115 for one!!

Seems ridiculous to me, especially as John Lewis are selling the "non refurubished" version for just £60 more, and as IW are charging another £8 to deliver the damn thing, so it only equates to a saving of £52, and I think that's disgusting. Regardless of the fact that the product still has a full guarantee. If I was going to buy a refurbished version of anything like that, I'd expect to save £100 at the very least!

Why £100? £52 seems a decent saving - the refurbs are probably new ones that have been returned anyway.

Why £100? £52 seems a decent saving - the refurbs are probably new ones that have been returned anyway.

Here we go again Alan lol! Why £100?...just a figure I thought was fair, but if a saving of just £52 is enough for you...who am I to argue?

I would want atleast £100 off too. IW normal price od the red/white/black is £429.99, so the saving is only £50 (£42 when you pay for P&P)

It is like a car. When you buy a brand new car from the dealers, as soon as it leaves the fourcourt, it loses 1/3 of its value!!

If you can afford £440 for a vitamix, I doubt that you would go onto an Ad Trader site and get a used one (even if only used a couple of times/a couple of weeks old) for £40 off. You would rather get it all new and packaged Etc. wouldn't you?

You may think differently, but I doubt that you would spend £450 on it in the first place :)

Last edited:
You can get similar products for £50. I think Morphy Richards do one or Cuisine Art.

Vitamix are ridiculously priced.

My dad mentioned this to me, and I must admit I was amazed that they sell these for so little less than the price of a brand new one.

I got my Vitamix from the Vitality show and it is brilliant at juicing and souping. I would say though that I don't like it to heat up my soup as it becomes very very smooth and I like my soups to have a bit of body.
So I usually pop in a saucepan to warm up.

It stays on the counter top and it does get used a lot.

The World must have gone mad...!
£399.99 for a food mixer...........:doh:
I am sure that there are more needed things that people could buy for such a large amount of dosh.
Don't those idiots at IW realise that there is a bleeding recession in this country ?
Pass me the remote love,while I throw it at the telly..........:headbang:

I am sure that there are more needed things that people could buy for such a large amount of dosh.
Don't those idiots at IW realise that there is a bleeding recession in this country ?

Yes - it is expensive, but I have saved loads of dosh by juicing (and you get the whole fruit as it pulverises) - no waste. We don't buy soup, fruit juice or smoothies anymore. It gets used at least once a day.
I don't waste food anymore as it gets juiced so I don't throw stuff away (like I am ashamed to admit I did).
But my car is 10 years old and is (touch wood) going strong Might juice that soon :grin: so I think it depends what you think will make a difference to how you live.
Had to save the pennies for it but I am glad I did

They have been selling them for years, so I'm sure they get good money from it. You could say the same about a sat nav. Yes, you can get a blender for £20, but this is better (I'm not justifying it) but you could get a map for £4.99 but people buy sat navs for £200+ WHY? Because it makes life easier :)

They have been selling them for years, so I'm sure they get good money from it. You could say the same about a sat nav. Yes, you can get a blender for £20, but this is better (I'm not justifying it) but you could get a map for £4.99 but people buy sat navs for £200+ WHY? Because it makes life easier :)

Mmm.....!
You cannot really compare a over priced food mixer with a £200+ sat nav can you!
I mean a sat nav has speed cameras on it that stop you speeding which in turn could save your life or somebody else's life,no more speeding fines which is always a good thing and less points on your license which for any driver is vitally important.
Now tell me what great benefits you get from your food mixer.
A More consistent smoothie perhaps.......:grin:

Mmm.....!
You cannot really compare a over priced food mixer with a £200+ sat nav can you!
I mean a sat nav has speed cameras on it that stop you speeding which in turn could save your life or somebody else's life,no more speeding fines which is always a good thing and less points on your license which for any driver is vitally important.
Now tell me what great benefits you get from your food mixer.
A More consistent smoothie perhaps.......:grin:

People could then argue that you shouldn't be speeding in the first place. You can get maps which show speed cameras, but you don't want to keep looking at that, so both items (satnav/ blender) make your lefe easier in some way.

I started the thread, and I wasing premoting it saying that its worth the money, as the blender I have does everything I wan't, which cost £60. I don't want to make peanut butter or smooth soups or stock...but some people do.

Benefits from the mixer: Being able to make more food from scratch, which you wouldn't normally be able to do Etc.

I use stock cubes which I know will have some of the grinded up bones in but I really wouldn't fancy grinding my own, the very thought of it puts me off my food and I certainly wouldn't fancy juicing in the same container afterwards.

People could then argue that you shouldn't be speeding in the first place. You can get maps which show speed cameras, but you don't want to keep looking at that, so both items (satnav/ blender) make your lefe easier in some way.

I started the thread, and I wasing premoting it saying that its worth the money, as the blender I have does everything I wan't, which cost £60. I don't want to make peanut butter or smooth soups or stock...but some people do.

Benefits from the mixer: Being able to make more food from scratch, which you wouldn't normally be able to do Etc.

LOL......."You can get maps that show speed cameras"
Basically my friend you should not be reading a map whilst driving,as it could be disastrously fatal.
Now then what safety features has a over priced food mixer got that can compare with a sat nav,it doesn't take a lot of thinking about as there are none.

Oh and your description of the benefits in forking out nearly £400 for a food mixer obviously do stand up for scrutiny don't they?

Last edited:
It annoys me when people try and justify purchases when there really is just the issue that they wanted them and had the spare cash. Just like the Bamix which seemingly no other machine can copy its skill or power, Ideal World themselves have then shown in my memory 2 machines which did the identical set of demos right down to the amazing mayonnaise, for £40 and under. I really wanted an Actifire, but couldnt justify £150 on essentially roasted veg and chips whcih is all I wanted it for, so I worked out how to do both in an oven and spent £4.00 and get wonderful results. If anyone thinks you cant possibly get the same results with a machine less than £400 then you must have come down in the last shower.

I see they now have a halogen oven that turns the food and using the minimum amount of oil. The 'Actifire' has competition :smirk:
You had me puzzled for a moment there as I even googled the word "Actifire" but could not find a description so I presume you meant "Actifry" made by Tefal.
Stay well clear of this product as I know someone who has purchased this and they say that the chips and other vegetables are horrible and undercooked which can also be seen on the presentation by both of the experienced chefs who usually front the presentation.
The Phillips Airfryer is far better for the same price,and the chips taste like the ones your Grandma used to make ..............:clapping:

It annoys me when people try and justify purchases when there really is just the issue that they wanted them and had the spare cash. Just like the Bamix which seemingly no other machine can copy its skill or power, Ideal World themselves have then shown in my memory 2 machines which did the identical set of demos right down to the amazing mayonnaise, for £40 and under. I really wanted an Actifire, but couldnt justify £150 on essentially roasted veg and chips whcih is all I wanted it for, so I worked out how to do both in an oven and spent £4.00 and get wonderful results. If anyone thinks you cant possibly get the same results with a machine less than £400 then you must have come down in the last shower.

You are paying for the guarantee and the build quailty of it - you can get a blender that's cheaper and does the job but not one with the same buld and guarantees on it. It's the same with the Bamix.

Really Vitamix and Bamix are more for a professional setting but if you get a lot of use out of an item by using it a few times each day then they could be a good investment as they are built to last.

It's a bit like a car - a Vauxhall Corsa does the same job as a Bentley but some people will pay more money for one over the other.

Latest posts

Back