Bid at it again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
100 people missed out on something so my producer is calling to try and sort out another lotof stock for another auction - Peter Simon (near quote)

So will you be calling back to those 100 to save them another 1.53 call? Will you heck. If you had that amount of stock and are charging that much to call you should put them all in one auction.

PJ

This has happened a few times.

I'm not really sure what you object to, they obviously have plenty of stock of many items, but sell only limited quantities of it at a time. The 'limited quantity' is how sellers have persuaded people to buy for years, similar to 'limited stock' or 'last few remaining' signs in shops. If the demand for a product on Bid is overwhelming, then they do the auction again with a further batch of the stock. At all times the quantity remaining is displayed on screen, as is the cost of the call.

I'm sure they get in 10,000s of an item at a time, but seeing 9,857 remaining in the quantity box is hardly going to hurry people to buy!

Yeah it was the laptop. I object to them knowingly not putting enough into an auction and then selling the same item later in the day. £1.53 is too high a phone call to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it was the laptop. I object to them knowingly not putting enough into an auction and then selling the same item later in the day. £1.53 is too high a phone call to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt they did know they were gonna need so many. They try and have a good idea, so they know how much stock to get ready to shift in the wearhouse. If they kept showing a quantity of 5000 of an item, they could sell anything from between 1-5000, but if they only had 100, they have a better idea. If they thought they were gonna sell 200, I'm sure they would have put 200 to start with to get more money from the P&P and some from the item, instead of faffing around trying to get another £1.53 from people.

Come on you know as much as me sit up channels always do this and sometimes three times in one night. They make loads of money from calls and they do this so they can make money off of non successful bids. Why not do like Rocks and Co and let people who don't get one put on their wish list so that they don't have to call back again so that if they do find some more stock 'magically' they won't have to pay three pounds for it on top of £8 postage and the money for the item?

PJ

I agree with Bennyxp, I don't think the channel purposely do this. I genuinely think it occurs when demand is way over what they expected.

As always, Bid TV display the quantity left and the cost of the call - if you want to purchase (I personally would never pay for the call or the postage) then that's you're prerogative.

I'm surprised that demand outstrips supply. The stock seems to move very slowly compared to last year. Yet they still pull this scam

I did see a woman's top absolutely fly last week I couldn't believe my eyes never seen a product go so fast in years the quantity box just caught fire, all the sizes just went limited and sold so quick and it is a surprise these days when it happens it proves when they have a product someone wants people will buy.

The problem they have is that you know you will see the product again 100 times so you just think "I will get it next time" if we saw the same product less people would be more likely to buy it when they actually saw it.

I agree with Bennyxp, I don't think the channel purposely do this. I genuinely think it occurs when demand is way over what they expected.

As always, Bid TV display the quantity left and the cost of the call - if you want to purchase (I personally would never pay for the call or the postage) then that's you're prerogative.

Fair enough, it would be a boring world if we all thought the same :grin: I still think they could call back the people back who missed out :)

PJ

Latest posts

Back