P&P down to £5.99!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
I can't guarentee this, but bid have been saying they have been taking viewers comments onboard Etc. and when they done a poll, P&P was the main thing people wanted to change.

If you look on this 'online only deal' http://www.bid.tv/ProductDescriptionPage.aspx?Id=4744793&Cat=6&Sub=12&Type=Categories it shows the P&P at £5.99! I had a closer look, and online auctions which close on and after 12/09 have £5.99 P&P!

I think that from that date, this will be rolled out on the channels. Hopefully this time it will be permanent for the forseable future, but we will have to wait and see.

I have asked on their facebook page, but haven't got a reply yet.

Many people do say on their page ''The P&P puts me off buying, and if it was lower, I'd buy more...'' and in that context.

Here is hoping for a change on monday!! :D

Oh, Benny, Benny, BENNY!!!

You are so easily suckered in! £2 off P&P isn't that much considering the Sit-Up network are selling basically 'Poundland' shop stuff and crap that no-one else wants for extortionate prices. I really hope you never ever waste your money there buying that tat. Please tell me you have better taste than that! :emo:

Well it is 25% off! - People never complain about IW postage which is £4.99 or £5.99, so how come this isn't good enough either.

Not all of their items are crap. I've bought manyt things from them in the past, and have all been good :) Could I ask you the last thing you bought from the channel, and why you think it's 'tat'?

I have never bought ANYTHING from this network of channels because a) most of the stuff is crap I don't want or need and b) I can find the same items or simlar items much cheaper on Ebay, Amazon or elsewhere on the net without the extortionate P&P and without the Premium Rate telephone call.

You can miss the phone call out online. But I find it quite rich that you say it's all 'crap' even though you have NEVER bought anything. For one, they are number 1 for their delivery times.

Okay....lets see all 3 channels, and see what they are selling now, and see what it 'crap'

Bid = Efbe-Schott Triangular Steam Mop

Price drop = 600 Thread count sheets.

Speed Auction = Noise Cancelling Headphones

What is wrong with those?

And you say about it being cheaper else where....you could say that about any place. I like Amazon, but I can find cheaper if I shop around. I like HMV, its the same there too. Only 1 place will have the lowest price.

And you can't really compare against Ebay.....

I've had some great stuff from the Sit up channels..and a reduction in the p and p is great news... £3.99 would have been better, but we can't have it all!

P&P should be set according to the product. A small, lightweight costume ring does not cost as much as a handbag to post. At the moment, you have to add at least £10 to the cost of whatever you have bought to get the true cost. They are quick enough to add to the postage if it is something heavy but will not reduce it for something light. The phone call and p&p charges should be displayed much prominently and this hard sell of, 'You are getting this for much less than we paid for it' stopped. Yes, it probably is much less but that is without adding on the hidden extras. They should respect their callers and stop taking them for fools

They are quick enough to add to the postage if it is something heavy but will not reduce it for something light.

I've seens some of the reductions, and it seems like this;

£7.99 From monday £5.99
£8.99 From monday £6.99
£12.99 From monday £9.99

Some P&P charges aren't actually bad, but some are FAR to high. I sent a bedding set (duvet/pillows) via post, and it cost me £7.61, so £7.99 for that is good. And it good when they have their curtain/duvet/throw/valance with a P&P of £8.99!

On the other hand, them selling a little dongle, which probably costs £1 to send.

I have to say though, £9.99 P&P for a mattress isn't bad! :)

I've seens some of the reductions, and it seems like this;

£7.99 From monday £5.99
£8.99 From monday £6.99
£12.99 From monday £9.99

Some P&P charges aren't actually bad, but some are FAR to high. I sent a bedding set (duvet/pillows) via post, and it cost me £7.61, so £7.99 for that is good. And it good when they have their curtain/duvet/throw/valance with a P&P of £8.99!

On the other hand, them selling a little dongle, which probably costs £1 to send.

I have to say though, £9.99 P&P for a mattress isn't bad! :)

Don't forget Benny, that the situps postage costs far less than you would pay to send one item. They have special deals with the couriers because they send out so many

While the reduction in P&P (if true) is a decent move on the part of Sit-Up - I agree with Tasi that the P&P should be a true reflection of the cost to actually send the item. Bid-tv sell loads of tiny items and shipping them at £5.99 is still extortionate.

Latest posts

Back