Kenwood POTD

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vikki

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone

I've been on the lookout for a Kenwood but I haven't shopped with IW before. I have read horror stories on the net about poor delivery times and customer service and as this is not a cheap product, wondered how you have found IW and would you purchase quite expensive items from them. I can actually get this machine cheaper on Amazon, but I'm attracted to the flexi-pay.

Thanks in advance

I'd go to Amazon if it's cheaper and leave Howard standing clutching his hundred quid :wonder:

They were flogging the Phillips airfryer the other week with a 'free' stick blender. According to website reviews, the blender has got lost in the post on more than one occasion.

Hi everyone

I've been on the lookout for a Kenwood but I haven't shopped with IW before. I have read horror stories on the net about poor delivery times and customer service and as this is not a cheap product, wondered how you have found IW and would you purchase quite expensive items from them. I can actually get this machine cheaper on Amazon, but I'm attracted to the flexi-pay.

Thanks in advance
Been looking at the Kenwood PotD today and comparing prices on t'internet. Given the additional attachments included and the flexi-pay, it seems a good deal. Not thinking of investing for myself as I have my mother's 35 years old one which looks like seeing me out. I'm buying one for my neice's wedding present as she's always trying to steal mine and I'm going for the PotD!

I have dealt with Ideal World for a number of years and have to say I have had some customer service problems with them. The knack seems to be to ignore CS and email direct to their chief bods:-

[email protected] is the one I've had great success with over missing deliveries and faulty goods.

I bought one about that age off eBay for about £30 about 5 years ago. Still going strong.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Now I know Kenwood are making these things in China, I think the price is extortionate.
I'm glad I got one in 1972 when they were still a decent brand.

So they are not a decent brand they now make them in China? :thinking:

Exactly. I had thought I'd written my point clearly. Anything made in China is unlikely to last the course as the good old British workmanship used to do before greed and profit was placed before quality. Having everything made/imported for peanuts and in many cases substandard and unsafe from China is the main reason this country is in such a mess! There is more to a brand than a name. Brands were built on reputation, not cheap, shoddily made rubbish. I'll bet my life that these chinese-made Kenwood mixers will not last 40+ years as the electrical components will fail long before then - as with most Chinese rubbish. I'll give a Chinese one 5 years tops (generous) and for that money, I'd expect it to last a lot longer. I'd buy a second hand one (British made) off ebay any time in preference to these.

Last edited:
Exactly. I had thought I'd written my point clearly. Anything made in China is unlikely to last the course as the good old British workmanship used to do before greed and profit was placed before quality. Having everything made/imported for peanuts and in many cases substandard and unsafe from China is the main reason this country is in such a mess! There is more to a brand than a name. Brands were built on reputation, not cheap, shoddily made rubbish. I'll bet my life that these chinese-made Kenwood mixers will not last 40+ years as the electrical components will fail long before then - as with most Chinese rubbish. I'll give a Chinese one 5 years tops (generous) and for that money, I'd expect it to last a lot longer. I'd buy a second hand one (British made) off ebay any time in preference to these.

I do agree with you that they won’t last as long as the old ones – although they could be made in the UK but if the components are of less quality it does not matter where they are made they will still be poor.

I think Kenwood started changing after being taken over by DeLonghi - they seem to be trying to keep the prices high whilst cutting back on the quality of the product and living off their brand name. Would have been better to keep DeLonghi as the cheaper brand and the quality, more expensive brand to be kept as Kenwood. I think in a few years Kenwood will struggle to keep going if they keep cutting back on the quality which helped them be where they are today.

Totally agree Alan. Unfortunately, I know the components will be Chinese and of poor quality. Years ago, they would have been excellent British workmanship. I'm happy for them to charge those prices if the quality is the same, but coming from an engineering background and family steeped both in that and electrical engineering, I know they won't be....I think it's misleading to profit on the back of a brand which was built in this country and now bears little or no resemblance to it.
I used to see my poor dad beating his head against a brick wall at all the rubbish that was coming into this country years ago from Hong Kong, now I know exactly how he felt back then. :doh:

Latest posts

Back