Bid £11 birthday megadeals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£1 MEGADROP1

Registered Shopper
Tonight scrolling along the bottom of the screen it says...Sold for just £11 in the last 3-hours...
Ingersoll Gems swiss movement watch
9ct Gold 3.60ct Ruby ring
Viewsonic 13" laptop

Can anyone confirm that these were sold for that price? I have checked the previous auctions on the website and whilst I can see lots of £11 prices the 3 mentioned above are not there

Probably lies. Don't forget the £1+ premium rate phonecall and £5.99 P&P is added on to that.

well i saw them go for £11 and peter simon had a upscaling dvd player go for £11 as well

I saw that 1 and its not on the previous auctions page on the website either

These megadeals on the whole seem rather poor, A lot of them have sold for less than that, There are a few exceptions

Although it says i'm a newbie I used to post quite a lot a few years back and my account seems to have been deleted since, I used to watch bid & price drop all the time but only watch when Peter Simon is on at weekends now, Have they got rid of the megadrops now? Its unusual for a birthday to not have them

I saw that 1 and its not on the previous auctions page on the website either

These megadeals on the whole seem rather poor, A lot of them have sold for less than that, There are a few exceptions

Although it says i'm a newbie I used to post quite a lot a few years back and my account seems to have been deleted since, I used to watch bid & price drop all the time but only watch when Peter Simon is on at weekends now, Have they got rid of the megadrops now? Its unusual for a birthday to not have them

ahh i know you from before and i thought it was rather unusal not to have megadrops for a birthday

It seems any of the higher end £11 products don't show up on the previous auctions page, I saw a vega HD pocket camcorder go this morning, What was interesting is the product was not on the website anywhere until the sell started

Has anyone managed to get a higher end £11 product and if so have they had emails?

It seems odd that these are not showing up but the cheaper ones are

This year does not seem like much of a celebration compared to the last few, No megadrops, on the whole poor £11 birthday deals which sell for half price normally in some cases & the celebrations a few balloons and party poppers are only on for 4 days compared to previous years which lasted 6-8 weekends :yawn:

Oh yes and the £11,000 free prize draw which is going to be split up into around 250 smaller prizes

I don't get what is so great about their 11th birthday or do they do a celebration every year?
PJ

For the past few years at least they have done £1 megadrops on their birthday, Some years it lasted 4-8 weekends and they used to megadrop some really good things like TV's, sat navs etc, Over the years they have megadropped nearly every type of product they sell

They have done the Viewsonic laptop on Friday, Saturday and Today. I was lucky enough to get one on Friday and one this morning. They have also done the Luminox 3D camera twice which I also managed to get, seen the bluray go, a ladies and mens Ingersol watch, a gold diamond ring, a ruby ring, a sewing machine and the Vega HD camcorder. Both yesterday and today they done 7 £11 birthday megadeals in a row. They did say one or two good things and the rest were things that would normally go for that price anyway

Probably lies. Don't forget the £1+ premium rate phonecall and £5.99 P&P is added on to that.

Stop sulking because you missed out on the fantastic Baylis and Harding gift set. Who cares about P&P when you get a laptop for £11?

It seems any of the higher end £11 products don't show up on the previous auctions page, I saw a vega HD pocket camcorder go this morning, What was interesting is the product was not on the website anywhere until the sell started

Has anyone managed to get a higher end £11 product and if so have they had emails?

It seems odd that these are not showing up but the cheaper ones are

This year does not seem like much of a celebration compared to the last few, No megadrops, on the whole poor £11 birthday deals which sell for half price normally in some cases & the celebrations a few balloons and party poppers are only on for 4 days compared to previous years which lasted 6-8 weekends :yawn:

Oh yes and the £11,000 free prize draw which is going to be split up into around 250 smaller prizes

The high end megadeals aren't being shown on the 'previous auctions' because they weren't avaliable to pre bid on the web, so they wouldn't show on there. - In the same way choice auctions aren't shown on there.

If you got in on a megadeal, they're not going to not send it to you! - The same with megadrops!

In my opinion, I think the £11 deals have been really good. If you saw the advert, it said ''11 £11 deals each day'' and obviously there were more.....the producer would have got items which normally go for around £11 and say it is one. The REAL ones included 3D camcorders, Laptops, high end sewing machines, 1/2 carat diamond ring Etc. so I'd say they are as good, if not better than usual.

Shut up yourself, Bennyxp. My opinion of this shopping channel was formed long before last week. What happened to me only confirmed my cynicism to the way this network operates.

Shut up yourself, Bennyxp. My opinion of this shopping channel was formed long before last week. What happened to me only confirmed my cynicism to the way this network operates.

I'd prefer it if you didn't tell me to shut up, as that isn't very plesant. Why go and say ''....you have to pay £5.99 P&P on top...'', yeah you do, but that is inline with other channels.

You make bid tv out to be crap Etc. but I challenge you to go out, and do a better job. If a company can be around for 11 years, and last in the current state of the contry, they must be good at what they do.

I'm not being funny, but if you hated the sit-up channels that much, why go any buy something like body lotions from them?!

The high end megadeals aren't being shown on the 'previous auctions' because they weren't avaliable to pre bid on the web, so they wouldn't show on there. - In the same way choice auctions aren't shown on there.

If you got in on a megadeal, they're not going to not send it to you! - The same with megadrops!

In my opinion, I think the £11 deals have been really good. If you saw the advert, it said ''11 £11 deals each day'' and obviously there were more.....the producer would have got items which normally go for around £11 and say it is one. The REAL ones included 3D camcorders, Laptops, high end sewing machines, 1/2 carat diamond ring Etc. so I'd say they are as good, if not better than usual.

Why don't they put them on the previous actions page after they have sold then? as they were available to buy when the product was live,

Do you know why you can't buy the product choice ones online too?

I was barred 3-4 years ago now because I got too many megadrops and yes by my own admission I did get a lot but that was through sitting there working out what was going to go or checking the website to see if an idiot had uploaded the list of megadrops onto the site the day before for the schedulers to put the rest of the days items around, that happened for 1 month of weekend megadrops when it was price-drops birthday once, It also involved watching many hours of the days programmes and waiting for something you liked to come on, Its not my fault if people don't put the time in to watch what was going on, Sometimes in the past you knew a megadrop is coming if they have 1 an hour and theres only 1 item left in that hour it had to be that, If a presenter said at the start of their shift i've got 3 today you knew if they were on their last product and had only had 2 that this was also going to be a megadrop

Some people may have also noticed that for bid tv's birthday a few years back they showed pictures of items which had megadropped when they hadent and sure enough those items shown did in the following weeks so you could be ready and expecting it

Every now and again I start up a new account in the hope of being able to buy a full priced item, On saturday I saw some shoes on a web exclusive that I liked so I bought those and I liked the look of the Vega camcorder they had for a present for someone, It went to £11 so I got 1, My name remained on the list for the shoes until monday when it dissapeared as I expected it to do from past experience, I tried logging in to be told I was barred and to contact customer services, I have done so in the past but they can't do anything about it, Yet people like Susan in Fishguard as 1 example has bought hundreds of megadrops over the years and yet she can still buy, For those of you wondering if I only bought megadrops no I didnt, I have bought many many different non megadrop items from them and over the years and spent many hundreds of pounds on things from towels to lots of gemstone globes, pan sets to bedding, ornaments, solar lights, tv's, dvd recorder, mobile phone, many sets of dvd's, memory foam matress topper, pool, watches and jewellery, toys, mp4 players and yes even a cuddly toy :giggle: to name a few

I'm not having a go at the company i'm just sharing my experience, I still watch it sometimes when Peter Simon is on but thats it

Not a very nice way to treat a loyal customer though, Id be prepared to never get another promotional item if they let me buy at normal price but they won't budge

The year before we were barred we got sent a christmas card from them for thanking us for buying so much from them :clapping:

Haha. You should be thankful that they have banned you. Save you wasting your cash on crap, huge postal costs and rip-off premium rate phone calls! :call:

:) the quality of products years ago was much better than some of the things they sell these days but theres still the odd thing thats a good deal even with the postage, I never called I always used the website, I also used to shop around and would only buy it if it worked out cheaper than anywhere else, When they used to keep the price falling you got some bargains, Now they set the price to what they want and put a clock on

Haha. You should be thankful that they have banned you. Save you wasting your cash on crap, huge postal costs and rip-off premium rate phone calls! :call:

Such a hypocrite! If you didn't agree with the phone call cost/ P&P and as you say 'crap' products, why did you try and buy something the other week? Sulking again are we?

Why don't they put them on the previous actions page after they have sold then? as they were available to buy when the product was live,

Do you know why you can't buy the product choice ones online too?

I was barred 3-4 years ago now because I got too many megadrops and yes by my own admission I did get a lot but that was through sitting there working out what was going to go or checking the website to see if an idiot had uploaded the list of megadrops onto the site the day before for the schedulers to put the rest of the days items around, that happened for 1 month of weekend megadrops when it was price-drops birthday once, It also involved watching many hours of the days programmes and waiting for something you liked to come on, Its not my fault if people don't put the time in to watch what was going on, Sometimes in the past you knew a megadrop is coming if they have 1 an hour and theres only 1 item left in that hour it had to be that, If a presenter said at the start of their shift i've got 3 today you knew if they were on their last product and had only had 2 that this was also going to be a megadrop

Some people may have also noticed that for bid tv's birthday a few years back they showed pictures of items which had megadropped when they hadent and sure enough those items shown did in the following weeks so you could be ready and expecting it

Every now and again I start up a new account in the hope of being able to buy a full priced item, On saturday I saw some shoes on a web exclusive that I liked so I bought those and I liked the look of the Vega camcorder they had for a present for someone, It went to £11 so I got 1, My name remained on the list for the shoes until monday when it dissapeared as I expected it to do from past experience, I tried logging in to be told I was barred and to contact customer services, I have done so in the past but they can't do anything about it, Yet people like Susan in Fishguard as 1 example has bought hundreds of megadrops over the years and yet she can still buy, For those of you wondering if I only bought megadrops no I didnt, I have bought many many different non megadrop items from them and over the years and spent many hundreds of pounds on things from towels to lots of gemstone globes, pan sets to bedding, ornaments, solar lights, tv's, dvd recorder, mobile phone, many sets of dvd's, memory foam matress topper, pool, watches and jewellery, toys, mp4 players and yes even a cuddly toy :giggle: to name a few

I'm not having a go at the company i'm just sharing my experience, I still watch it sometimes when Peter Simon is on but thats it

Not a very nice way to treat a loyal customer though, Id be prepared to never get another promotional item if they let me buy at normal price but they won't budge

The year before we were barred we got sent a christmas card from them for thanking us for buying so much from them :clapping:

They can't be put on there, as it's something to do with their system....if it isn't online when it closes, it wont show up. Not to sure why though.

On the megadrop side, I agree that you are only allowed one per week (it says in the T's & C's) but very hard to find, and there should be no reason for you having to read it. It does seem that some seem to get away with it, as I've seen the previous auctions, and somebody had most megadrops from the whole days listing.

What I think they should have in place, is that when you win a megadrop, your account is blocked for megadrops that week (still able to buy other items), and unblock it there after for the next time. This would allow them to keep control of people buying.

I think it is unfair being a regular buyer and them doing that.

Do you use facebook? Join the bid page (put in 'bid.tv') into the facebook, and tell them this, and they will sort it out for you :) The people who run the page are fantastic and DO listen, and even Paul Becque helps out a lot.

They can't be put on there, as it's something to do with their system....if it isn't online when it closes, it wont show up. Not to sure why though.

On the megadrop side, I agree that you are only allowed one per week (it says in the T's & C's) but very hard to find, and there should be no reason for you having to read it. It does seem that some seem to get away with it, as I've seen the previous auctions, and somebody had most megadrops from the whole days listing.

What I think they should have in place, is that when you win a megadrop, your account is blocked for megadrops that week (still able to buy other items), and unblock it there after for the next time. This would allow them to keep control of people buying.

I think it is unfair being a regular buyer and them doing that.

Do you use facebook? Join the bid page (put in 'bid.tv') into the facebook, and tell them this, and they will sort it out for you :) The people who run the page are fantastic and DO listen, and even Paul Becque helps out a lot.

5 years ago they didnt limit people to megadrops at all and I did read the T's & C's a few times and whilst it said they could bar you back then they never did, It was only when they started doing decent megadrops again that they enforced it

That would be a good idea to stop you getting promotional items but let you continue to buy other products, I think they should let people get more than 1 a week, If they are doing them for 3 days or as they used to every day for a month, Someone might buy a cheap item which then is megadropped to £1 or just goes to £1 because people don't buy it and then thats it for them for the week, They should allow 3-5 a week

It works out great for them, they let people get the megadrops and then cancel them meaning they never have to send them out, Id imagine that is 1 reason why they started enforcing it on the better megadrop items

I used to use facebook but got bored of it so don't go on it now but thanks for your suggestion :) I might contact them on there

Latest posts

Back