Out of curiosity

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

V

Vivalas

Guest Shopper
but for no reason, reading through some of these posts (many very amusing) I sort of wondered what the qvc bod's may earn???

Taking into account the following:

a. some of them seem to think that they are internatioanl celebrities.
b. some of the stick that some of them get on here.
c. some of them buy everything.
d. the q is a shopping channel not mainstream tv.

I guess what I really think and a tall story income:

Julia Roberts = 80k real (book deal, jeggings deal, toe posts deal, hair swishing deal 2.5m)

Catherine Huntley 55k (hair extensions 55.5k)

Anne Dawson 12k + commission (total OTE 12.1k)

The two new ones = whatever 1st yr YTS pays these days.

Tongue in cheek here guys :grin:

I don't think they earn as much as that or they wouldn't have other businesses, but I have yet to work out how many hours on average they work. They may be on some sort of commission who knows?

i remember when Leonie was on QVC she said they paid her £100 for an hour guesting...

Craig Rowe - he pays QVC £50 per hour to let him present. Plus his contract stipulates that he has to buy one of every item he presents.

i thought it was £250 an hour or thereabouts. it must be quite high as qvc have some established and talented presenters...i shall now duck!

Due to the fact they are nothing but glorified sales assistants working to sell products for QVC but after working for the channel for a couple years seem to change into possession obsessed people.
The fact they seem to buy rather a lot, move houses a lot, have second homes which are mostly aboard, have numerous holidays, evenings out etc. and money appears to be no object.
They appear to loose touch of normal day to day persons lives, in this current climate, indicates in my view they are vastly over paid.

I think most of them have to supplement their meagre earnings moonlighting.

I heard through the grapevine that Carmel Thomas had a summer job on a farm in Kent keeping the birds off the strawberries, Miceal is on a retainer with a Newmarket stable to cover absenteeism, and Alison Young has a contract with Specsavers testing the durability of their hearing aids.

I think most of them have to supplement their meagre earnings moonlighting.

I heard through the grapevine that Carmel Thomas had a summer job on a farm in Kent keeping the birds off the strawberries, Miceal is on a retainer with a Newmarket stable to cover absenteeism, and Alison Young has a contract with Specsavers testing the durability of their hearing aids.

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

I was listening to Seanie on IW saying that he had a rubbish bathroom which was very small the other day, I bet QVC presenters get paid more than those on IW, but really I don't think they will be on more than £40,000. A lot don't actually work full time hours plus I suppose they have to compensate the shift work.

Surely Debbie Flint must earn more than everyone as she from my view she seems to be on all the time!

Frazzle - I laughed out loud at your psot :happy: - ace!

Last edited:
Yes but Shaun also has 2 homes!!! A house in Leeds I think it is and a house down here!! I know Loen and Andy from IW are ALWAYS on holiday and I do mean going away. Its funny I have always wondered what shopping telly presenters earn and haven't the foggiest, but I imagine it is good pay as they dont exactly do a 40 hour week...

I don't like the term 'glorified' sales assistants at all. The term gets bandied about quite a lot on the qvc forum as an insult to the presenters, but it's insulting to a huge number of retail staff who take pride in their jobs and do them well.
It's patronising and condescending. The presenters aren't 'glorified' sales assistants ~ they are sales assistants and most of them are pretty decent at their job (or I guess they wouldn't be shifting stock and would be shown the door)

Latest posts

Back