How much for a .5ct diamonique platinum solitaire?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They are having a laugh!

I think Q have hiked up prices across the board.

OMG! That really is expensive! You would leave that one in the safe when you go on holiday and wear the real one instead as its cheaper lol

i've got a gorgeous platinum 5 stone diamonique eternity ring that I bought in 1997 I think. it was just over £100 however it has a ton of platinum in it

I appreciate that metal costs have risen yadda yadda but £700 for a skinny wee thing like that? mental

I just can't believe what QVC charge for what's basically a bit of glass despite harping on about "the equivalent carat weight".......the profit margins must be phenomenal and I'm not prepared to line their pockets! They are just being downright greedy and really need to consider the current economic situation and the problems people are experiencing at the moment.

I'd sooner have it in silver for £17.43. Why DON'T they do this size stone in silver..I don't do bling!!:sad: In years gone by I've had some nice rings with ½ carat equivalent stones, which look believeable, but not so many now.

Last edited:
Since you were all saying it was cheaper to buy the real thing I found a very similar one (in platinum) for £1133 on a discounted site (from £1700) so I guess it is a substantial saving (of £1000 from the original price).

the alison young ring has gone up a lot recently and the claudia ring also. i like my diamomique rings some i have had since qvc first came on air still going strong.

I noticed a half carat diamonique solitaire ring in silver on the website recently Carol. Have a look if you're interested. I've got a couple of diamonique rings in gold that have solid bands but you just don't see them any more. One is a pink half carat solitaire in White gold. I've been asked loads of times if it's a pink diamond. Nope I say it's a bit of glass ... lol

the alison young ring has gone up a lot recently and the claudia ring also. i like my diamomique rings some i have had since qvc first came on air still going strong.

I have the Alison Young ring - got it at the start of the year and I paid around about £50 for it. It's showing on air today for £71 something. That's a terribly high mark up. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful ring and I wear it almost every day - but it's not worth £71...

They have a 0.7 carat in 14ct gold for about £100.

You can be sure that the ring section will be HOLLOW and the metal will be WAFER THIN and the slightest knock will dent it (just like a ring I bought from them
).

don't get me wrong, I do love diamonique if its set nicely and realistic looking, I also love the prices (well usually love them)

I can get a .5ct solitaire in platinum for well under £1k in most of our local jewellers. My brother bought his wife one for £900 or there abouts recently as she lost her engagement ring a few years ago. His is a VSI, colour H and .5ct. I went and chose it for him.

I just think the price of this ring is a ****** joke. I know qvc like to compare like with like but lets face it, its not a diamond, its glass and yes its set in platinum but its not a substantial piece, its wafer thin looking.

thinking about it now, i'd rather have a piece of moissanite for that price, it looks amazing and the moissanite pieces i've got (2) are set in substantial amounts of gold and feel and look the part

They have a 0.7 carat in 14ct gold for about £100.

You can be sure that the ring section will be HOLLOW and the metal will be WAFER THIN and the slightest knock will dent it (just like a ring I bought from them
).

When I first started buying jewellery from qvc I realised that rings were always hollowed out, in comparison to rings bought in the High Street shops. I wrote a lengthy letter queriing this with the customer services - that was 8 years ago and am still awaiting a reply ! I also discovered that High Streeet jewellers were very sniffy about qvc jewellery (there's always a qvc stamp inside the ring), so I often wonder what would happen if I needed to pawn the lot later on in life - be lucky to get my p& p back I suppose.

I thought selling points for QVC Diamonique was for those with real diamonds would lock them up in a safe wearing the fake instead, or for those who couldn't afford the real or for those who choose not to buy real diamonds.
Also buyers wearing their Diamonique on hols etc and not having the fear of having it stolen or loosing it, with QVC saying there's the confidence that with low cost it can be so easily replaced.:heartbroke:
Seems like with many pieces now they are going to have to re think the sales pitch, or more than likely as they do it's such a good deal as this is hundreds but if it were real it would be thousands.:cash:
So rush to the phones:call: and get yours, I got mine before I came on air.:dull:

I have the Alison Young ring - got it at the start of the year and I paid around about £50 for it. It's showing on air today for £71 something. That's a terribly high mark up. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful ring and I wear it almost every day - but it's not worth £71...

Just what I was thinking too.
It was about £50 when I got it & I do like it but what a shocker when I saw the price today! :sad:
I know silver has gone up in price but heck....it's half as much again, can't believe that's just the silver.

Latest posts

Back