What's the difference?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Breeze

Registered Shopper
Can anyone tell me please what the difference is between clad & plated?
On the Epiphany show, Pippa has just been banging on about it being clad in platinum NOT plated.
I don't get it, it's silver encased in platinum, yes? I just don't see how clad or plated are different.
Don't get me wrong, I like the range & have a few pieces most of which are as good as new. Except one that the platinum wore off about two months after I bought it, very odd as it doesn't look bright white silver underneath, just a dingy colour. :doh:

In the pecking order where does jacketing come then?:thinking::cheeky:

Platinum plated makes the item sound like what it is - fake. Sterling silver clad in genuine platinum sounds better and is an attempt, basically, to convince the audience that they are buying a more superior piece than they actually are if they purchase jewellery in question. Anyone who chooses to invet in a piece of diamonique, silver, gold or stainless steel, is cognisant with the range and unable, therefore, to be mislead by however the presenter decides to describe the item.

"clad" reminds me of Vera Duckworth's stone clad house....is this the image q wanted to conjure?

J xx

Latest posts

Back