Laura Geller

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I use her Balance and Brighten religiously and I love it! Bought the last TSV and like everything except the mascara - I don't wear black. Love the eyeliner - first time I've ever managed to wear liner. Would definitely recommend giving her a go!

Big plus for me is that her products are produced in the USA and Italy,unlike a lot of the other cosmetic lines qvc sell which are made in China,big difference in quality.
Lynn

Like most things i've tried - balance & brighten, concealer, lip gloss but not fussed on the eye rimz. Somehow they smear all over the place with me!

Never appealed to me as some of the models look worse afterwards to me.

I absolutely love it.Took me years of watching it and wanting to buy.....but the models always put me off.I just seen amanda (?) model with brown patches all over face.....I can see why it would put people off!!!

I can only think its because they don't have time to do things properly.

Have to say its my most favourite make up brand - a criticism being that its not on often,and things take ages to come back into stock.Her colours IMO can come out a bit strong/dark for my liking so my advice is go easy and you'll love it :nod:

Yes I agree the demos have not convinced me today,even Pipa's skin looked dense. As I'm a redhead with quite pale skin I think maybe the colours will be too dark for me. I'll continue my search for the magic make up that will make me look just healthy, that would be good. Thankyou for your help girls.:happy:

I watched today and what has Amanda done to her face, her lips look super Plumped up and very lumpy like fillers have gone wrong. Her eyes look very small and face tight, she is a lovely looking girl but looks very odd today.
As for the other models all pouting and preening when in shot :grin:

I used to love B+B, but found the medium too dark, going to try the fair in the small size if they have it. Have now turned to Bobbi Brown mineral make up, it is just superb. less cakey than LG and gives lovely subtle glow. would just like the small B+B to keep in handbag as the Bobbi one is just in a large pot like bare escentuals.

I had very mixed feelings about the B&B till she brought out the porcelain shade. then I could see that the reservations I had were all down to the colours (even Fair) being too dark, I love it now. So easy & quick & much less messy than BE.
Think her blushers are the best ever & I must have tried virtually every brand on the market as being deathly pale it's the one product I couldn't live without.

I like her stuff as I find the strong colours suit me as I am dark haired with quite a naturally tannish skin, love the blusher really gives me a natural looking glow.

Laura Geller is fantastic easy peasy stuff, I never wore blush until I got one of hers and now I'm addicted to her blushers and highlighters. love the spackle, I can't handle most silicone based ones as they peel off, and most primers are silicone based. It's knida foolproof make up, my sister who has very sensitive skin even loves it as everything else makes her break out.
Mally is better for liners and mascara. and to honest your better off buying from e bay and american sellers at that as they have the newest stuff first and are cheaper. the only benefit to qvc is the ability to send it back.
All that said I do think what works for some people won't work for others it's all personal choice, skintype and lifestyle, but it's certainly make up that's worth trying. It's now may favourite brand though I still miss models prefer desperately.

I have dark hair and olive skin and I too find LG matches my colouring very well. I could never find a mineral make up that matched my skin tone before using BnB and love the blushers - I own quite a few now. Not a fan of the lip colours or the illuminating concealer (Banish and Brighten, I think?).

Thanks to above poster re: the spackle. I'm off to the US next week and intended to try this out but it sounds like it will work on me a treat. I've found that the Smashbox primer does peel off me too.

Well said Lynn, I absolutely agree with you about the quality of LG’s products, you can certainly tell the difference. I think this is where Smashbox have been going wrong lately actually, nearly all of their products are now made in China, some are good but some are absolutely terrible.

Anyhoo, back to LG! The Porcelain BnB has been a godsend for us paleys, especially for those mornings when you just can’t be bothered with liquid or a loose powder foundation. I had a new one in Fair in my stash and gave it to my niece to try as she’s a little darker than me. She RAVED about it, she actually said that it feels creamy rather than powdery and I’d said nothing to her about how it’s made or anything. She’s completely converted now = )

The Ethereal Rose is my go to blush and almost every time I wear it people tell me I’m looking well/awake/fresh so you can’t beat that! The Tropical Hues blush is a close second, such an unusual colour. I love the baked eyeshadows too and the new lipglosses in the squeezy tubes are just gorgeous. The only products I haven’t gotten on with are the spackle (smells funny to me and my skin sometimes reacts to silicone) and the bone eyeliner which just would not stay in my inner eye, love her other liners though.

I think the reason the models don’t always look great is because Laura is often rushed. I do think you need to let your primer sit for at least 5 minutes before putting on foundation and of course she doesn’t have that much time which is why it can looks patchy. I do think too that Amanda and Amica should be in the porcelain with a jot of bronzer on top, or at the very least the fair but regular/medium is way too dark for both of them. It’s funny coz if you ever watch Laura demoing on QVC US, the models never look patchy or overdone...

Valm – if you wanted to stick to a Smashbox primer which won’t peel then try the oil free ‘light’ version, it’s awesome! Also Cargo’s primer is FAB! Small tube for the money but you only need the tiniest amount = )

Well said Lynn, I absolutely agree with you about the quality of LG’s products, you can certainly tell the difference. I think this is where Smashbox have been going wrong lately actually, nearly all of their products are now made in China, some are good but some are absolutely terrible.

Anyhoo, back to LG! The Porcelain BnB has been a godsend for us paleys, especially for those mornings when you just can’t be bothered with liquid or a loose powder foundation. I had a new one in Fair in my stash and gave it to my niece to try as she’s a little darker than me. She RAVED about it, she actually said that it feels creamy rather than powdery and I’d said nothing to her about how it’s made or anything. She’s completely converted now = )

The Ethereal Rose is my go to blush and almost every time I wear it people tell me I’m looking well/awake/fresh so you can’t beat that! The Tropical Hues blush is a close second, such an unusual colour. I love the baked eyeshadows too and the new lipglosses in the squeezy tubes are just gorgeous. The only products I haven’t gotten on with are the spackle (smells funny to me and my skin sometimes reacts to silicone) and the bone eyeliner which just would not stay in my inner eye, love her other liners though.

I think the reason the models don’t always look great is because Laura is often rushed. I do think you need to let your primer sit for at least 5 minutes before putting on foundation and of course she doesn’t have that much time which is why it can looks patchy. I do think too that Amanda and Amica should be in the porcelain with a jot of bronzer on top, or at the very least the fair but regular/medium is way too dark for both of them. It’s funny coz if you ever watch Laura demoing on QVC US, the models never look patchy or overdone...

Valm – if you wanted to stick to a Smashbox primer which won’t peel then try the oil free ‘light’ version, it’s awesome! Also Cargo’s primer is FAB! Small tube for the money but you only need the tiniest amount = )

Thanks for your replies lippylolly (am getting very giddy now) and Theresa. Now that you've mentioned the light primer I'm pretty sure I have tried it before and it was fine. Will look for this again. Will have a look for the Tropical Hues blusher as well. I did join up to one of the TSV ADs last year and have Ethereal rose in a few palettes because they kept releasing it split with another colour. I prefer the originals to the sateens though and my all time favourite is Sunswept (the first I got which I bought in the US last time we were there).

Latest posts

Back