Bid TV: Informed Shopping?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

H

HoodedClaw

Guest Shopper
As Bid is possibly the only shopping channel to flog men's clothes, I always make a point of watching just to see who buys.

One thing I did notice is that they never say what clothing's made from: they sell shoes, but never seem to say whether they're made of leather, plastic, cardboard or enriched uranium. :thinking:

This information would be of use to potential buyers, since vegans (and a fair few vegetarians) don't like to wear any products made of leather. Also, I prefer leather shoes to plastic ones, so will not buy unless I know what I'm getting.

Is Bid putting off potential customers by not being clear with product descriptions?

As a rule of thumb, they bang on and on about the shoes/handbags etc being leather. If they don't mention it, its a safe bet they are plastic.

Cardigans etc, they seem overjoyed to say 100% Acrylicas if it is something to be proud of.

Exactly what i was gonna say, tasi :) If it is leather, they will say in the description, if it doesn't, they're not! lol

Watched someone sell some mens' shoes on Price-drop TV today, and it was fun to watch the salesman attempting to claim that the shoes were leather without actually using the 'l' word, including saying that they were very soft compared to cheap leather, and it was nice to smell it (!!!). Plus the old classic: "How much would you expect to pay for..." (insert posh-sounding brandname which I haven't heard of before).

And there was an incredibly dubious statement: "How much would you expect to pay for a pair of top quality leather shoes", which could be classed as outright deception if the shoes being sold weren't actually leather (all other indications suggested that they weren't, given the almost complete absence of that 'l' word elsewhere in the sales pitch).

Latest posts

Back