BCC Event! Well done QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

chubchop

Registered Shopper
Wow! What an amazing show from start to finish! I thoroughly enjoyed it and it raised SO MUCH money! Wish I could've won the auction for Joe Mac Elderrry!! And wasn't the ending lovely, with such a moving song?
I thought Ali was wonderful and I hope she is back working soon. Her voice when she is talking about jewellery - very much miss it.

I thought Debbie and Simon handled the whole thing BRILLIANTLY. The call centre stuff was very lively with Claire and Craig and how nice for so many people to volunteer to man the phones. Spotted lots of familiar faces. Nice of Lesley Joseph to lend her support, I thought, too.

Congrats QVC!! £460 000 is amazing!!!:happy::cake:
Chubchop

Any amount raised is a great achievement. My only gripe with the programme would be the auctions. I think they were appealing to the young ones.

Having dinner with Peter Andre ? er no thanks, a very nice lad no doubt, but stll a bit of a "boy" man and not being a "cougar", it would be like eating with my grandson (if I had one). And I might be a bit of a philistine here, but WHO is Joe Mcelderry ? if he's a 'reality' star, then again I dont watch reality programmes.

Still I suppose they cant cater for everyone, and its probably youngsters (again) who organise these auctions, but something like a beauty treatment at Harrods would have been nice.

I thought they did a good job. How stunning did Ali Keenan look? Outshone both Claire and Debbie in my opinion. She is such a brave lady to come back onto TV so soon after her treatment had finished.

Any amount raised is a great achievement. My only gripe with the programme would be the auctions. I think they were appealing to the young ones.

Having dinner with Peter Andre ? er no thanks, a very nice lad no doubt, but stll a bit of a "boy" man and not being a "cougar", it would be like eating with my grandson (if I had one). And I might be a bit of a philistine here, but WHO is Joe Mcelderry ? if he's a 'reality' star, then again I dont watch reality programmes.

Still I suppose they cant cater for everyone, and its probably youngsters (again) who organise these auctions, but something like a beauty treatment at Harrods would have been nice.

I know quite a lot of younger women who'd gladly stump up £6,500 NOT to have to have dinner with Peter Andre, while at least two older ones I know would leap at the chance! But I suppose it's not just about the 'youngsters' who organise the auctions, but about the organisations/businesses/individuals and what they are prepared to donate, or whether they wish to get involved. Most of the auction lots seem to have come from people etc with connections to QVC (companies that sell through them/artists who have sold albums through them etc) which, I suppose, makes sense.

Latest posts

Back