claudia sylvester

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

beachc0mber

Registered Shopper
On her blurb she bleats on about being a mummy. This is fine language if you are on the cbeebies channel ,but once people
have reached the age of 6 or so, the word has usually progressed to mum or mother.

Sorry but there is nothing wrong in saying you are a mummy. Claudia has very young children (babies). Why should someone find that odd?.

my kids call me all three mum,mummy and mother depending on what they want from me lol!

she is quite a yummy mummy, too! very envious of her style, considering she has 4 children. I can't remember when I progressed to mum instead of mummy,but I do remember it being hard to accept.

What a mean spirited thing to say. She can call herself what she wants, she needs no ones permission and she is not 'bleating'. My 12 year old calls me Mummy and we're far from upper class.

I think mummy is fine, after all it is personal choice. However I do hate it when it is used in an affected way a la Claire Sutton. Whenever she says it I could scream as it makes her sound like a three year old child.

my kids always call me mummy... when they want something lol
and agree with others, what on earth does it matter?

of course if her kids call her mummy thats fine, it just sounds ridiculous and affected to refer to herself in
that way,although i appreciate that in this day and age when its a profession to be a mummy i understand why so many
wouldnt agree.

The title "mummy" is forbidden in this household. I'm not an Egyptian corpse :biggrin:

It's 'mam' or 'mama' though my girls do call me 'mammy' when they want me to do something for them.

I miss Claudia. She was my favourite presenter.

of course if her kids call her mummy thats fine, it just sounds ridiculous and affected to refer to herself in
that way,although i appreciate that in this day and age when its a profession to be a mummy i understand why so many
wouldnt agree.

I agree, being called Mummy is fine, calling yourself a Mummy is (IMO) a bit weird.

On the whole I do like Clowdia though, she was one of the better ones.

lovely lady but methinks i cannot afford her jewellery. good luck claudia on being a yummy mummy!

what an interesting history she has. I didn't realise her father was a renowned designer/maker of guns. Sounds like the designer gene runs firmly through her veins!

I'm afraid I haven't missed her in the least - always came across to me as a right stuck-up madam :hi: I see on her website you can have lunch with her - for £120!

Latest posts

Back