if only .................................................. ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

wireless

Registered Shopper
I am sitting down, flicking to and fro all the shopping jewellery channels with Christmas (and myself ) in mind.

There is no doubt that Gems TV can be competitively priced and I see some pretty rings but I am instantly put off by the diamonds and the old expressions of last year spring to mind " More clarity in Castor Sugar " and "Diamonds I wouldn't gravel my drive with" when I watch Gems Tv selling their pieces.
And I know all channels are trying to watch their prices and cutting back on gold weight but to me Gems TV's gold shanks seem to be even more full of gaps and holes than a kitchen sieve.

Such a shame because for me the whole package of buying jewellery on TV, online , presenting, visual effects, customer service, delivery is in my mind, GEMS TV is better than the competitors but the GEMS TV diamonds are a joke and the 'holey' gold shanks are off putting.

Maybe it is just me , maybe the majority of buyers don't notice the diamonds but I wouldn't want a beautiful gem surrounded by 'castor sugar' ?

All in my humble opinion of course............

I thought they were going to put an end to those awful "accent" diamonds - there's no doubt that their coloured gemstones are lovely, but I'd rather they just set them as a solitaire than put those mud-coloured bits of gravel next to them!

I'm sure people would rather pay a little more and have decent diamonds or, dare I say it, CZ :eek:.... even their white topaz looks as dull as dishwater....

What about replacing the diamonds with some smaller zircon? At least they've got some fire to them....?

Jinny x

I agree , that forbidden word " CZ" would look better or even white sapphire or even Moissanite or just better diamonds ?

I notice the Lorique gold shanks have great 'troughs' of gold scooped out of them and I am dubious of Lorique diamonds as well ?

Such a shame ...........everything else seems almost right except for those AWFUL diamonds!!!!

I've recently bought a colour change garnet ring. Good colour change, reasonable gold weight and sparkly diamonds - not cheap but worth it to me.

I have recently bought two solitair rings one is a marquise emerald and the other is a ungraded tansy and I have to say yes the gold weight is a bit lighter than what we used to have in the old days but both of the stones are really very nice especially the tansy it has a very stronge even colour and is very sparkly and for the price I paid I'm very happy I did'nt expect to much from either of the rings for the price so it was a nice surprise when I opened the boxs I do tend to like rings that are less fussy , so look out for the single solitairs if you hate all the diamonds etc I think you'll be quite surprised at how nice they are.

Latest posts

Back