Stephen Gayford Calender for £40

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
Ridiculous overpriced crap!

"Some of these pictures are endangered..." Simon Peters

You still in a sulk?

Why make it out to be worse than it is?! It wasn't just a celendar......it's limited edition to 995, and all the prints are on canvas in it, and you get an additional print with it too....not just a paper calender like you are trying to make out

Did I see a painting, last night, of a lion carying a cub? Where was the lioness? I know lions do sometimes carry cubs, but more often than not it is to eat it because it was fathered by a diiferent lion

You still in a sulk?

Why make it out to be worse than it is?! It wasn't just a celendar......it's limited edition to 995, and all the prints are on canvas in it, and you get an additional print with it too....not just a paper calender like you are trying to make out
You do realise that nowadays it's really easy to produce a "limited edition print on canvas" - the production cost only being marginally more expensive than glossy paper - and limited editions are only valuable if people actually want them. I could produce five turds on sticks but nobody would want them even though there's only five of these in the whole world :tongue:

Sell them to the S*it Up Network. They buy up loadsa crap. :tongue:

Yup and they can add it to the rest of the sh1t they sell!! :)

Well he's not my cup of tea - wouldn't pay a fiver for it, let alone £40. And I'd hardly call 995 a limited edition - more like an ordinary production run.

Well he's not my cup of tea - wouldn't pay a fiver for it, let alone £40. And I'd hardly call 995 a limited edition - more like an ordinary production run.

Well, that's what I thought Phil. We have several original canvasses around the house, painted by respected wildlife artists, (one of them the amazing David Shepherd). There isn't one we could put a Gayford next to. The Gayford would just look very second class. I may be wrong, but I don't think he belongs to the Society of Wildlife Artists. HOWEVER! Having said all that; beauty is in the eye of the beholder isn't it? and as long as you are happy to pay the price asked, and will get years of pleasure from your print/painting, then go for it. But I would urge anyone looking for good wildlife prints to google wildlife painters and see the talent out there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back