E-mail from LeeAnne at Alpha H regarding Liquid Gold usage

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

tootsie

Eternal student
I contacted Lee Anne at Alpha H asking her to clarify the usage instructions regarding Liquid gold, and asking if it was safe to use twice daily. I advised her I would be posting her repsonse on a public forum, here is her reply.

My name is LeeAnne and I am the resident Beauty Therapist here at Alpha-H.

Thank you for making us aware of this.

I have spoken to Michelle and her response is as follows

Liquid Gold is a stimulating ‘refining’ and ‘resurfacing’ solution. Whilst it contains 5% Glycolic Acid, it has a low pH giving you a tingling sensation. It’s important to treat this product with respect, as it is easy to overuse because of the great results. However, the recommended use for Liquid Gold for normal, balanced, healthy skin is every alternate evening or 3 nights per week. Often this is too much and once a week is enough – and you will still get great results. Each skin is different and it’s important to be aware of your own skin reaction. We also recommend avoiding the delicate eye area and lips as it may over stimulate these sensitive areas.

With using such an active range, it’s important to keep your skincare routine simple and not overuse products. We all want results fast, however often a good cleanser, moisturiser and sunscreen is an excellent basis for a skincare routine to achieve happy and healthy skin. You can always build from there but it’s important to remember to ensure you use the right products for your skin.

Alpha-H has 3 different specialty solutions, each with their own unique formula to treat different skin types and conditions; Liquid Gold, Liquid Harmony and White Gold.

We always recommend receiving a personalised skin consultation (no obligation) which is available by contacting our resident Beauty Therapist on Toll Free 1800 659 777 or alternatively Email: [email protected]. We are also happy to offer clients complimentary samples so one can try the products before purchasing to ensure they are using the correct products for their skin.

We will also be posting this information on our website www.Alpha-H.com

If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact me

Kind Regards,

LeeAnne Leslie

Customer Care
International Waters Pty Ltd T/A Alpha-H
PO Box 905 Oxenford Q 4210
T: +61 (0) 7 5529 4866
TF: 1800 659 777
F: + 61 (0) 7 5529 4266
E: [email protected]
W: www.alpha-h.com

So in short, it depends on your skin and what is suitable for your skin. Like every product.
Someone might be able to use it everyday but someone else might be only be able to use it once a week.

It is also worth taking into account that they may say to use a suncream as this info is coming from Australia which has high levels of sun damage. Also that a cream does not need to have complicated ingredients to be anything special it just needs to have an SPF factor/suncream in it or in the skin care regime.

So in short, it depends on your skin and what is suitable for your skin. Like every product.
Someone might be able to use it everyday but someone else might be only be able to use it once a week.

It is also worth taking into account that they may say to use a suncream as this info is coming from Australia which has high levels of sun damage. Also that a cream does not need to have complicated ingredients to be anything special it just needs to have an SPF factor/suncream in it or in the skin care regime.

Thanks Yazrose xx

I think we are outdoing Australia on skin cancer levels these days though.
They have got careful and we haven't.

Yazrose the information says to use sunscreen even during the Winter with Liquid Gold as it's not the amount of sun but the way the product leaves the skin which makes skin more prone to sun damage after using liquid Gold.

Thanks for the info Tootsie I only use it about twice a week as that is enough for my skin. :ANYWORD:

No Yazrose. That is not what it says at all! The e-mail clearly states to use it THREE times a week and that ONCE a week is actually enough!

Yazrose the information says to use sunscreen even during the Winter with Liquid Gold as it's not the amount of sun but the way the product leaves the skin which makes skin more prone to sun damage after using liquid Gold.

Thanks for the info Tootsie I only use it about twice a week as that is enough for my skin. :ANYWORD:

I didn't say it was the amount of sun, I said this info is coming from Australia which has high levels of sun damage and a product does not need to have complicated ingredients to be good it just needs SPF/suncream in it or in the skin care regime.

No Yazrose. That is not what it says at all! The e-mail clearly states to use it THREE times a week and that ONCE a week is actually enough!

I never said to use it every day I said somone might be able to use it everyday but some else might only be able to use it once a week.
The email only recommends 3 time a week or once a week if thats what is needed.

Skin care regimes differ from person to person, I for instance cannot cleanse and tone every day as it irrates my skin, no matter what or gentle the product

Karina this is a quote from one of your replies on the Liquid Gold thread and I'm sorry but this is not the way that Alpha H instructions say to use it :-

hi tia .............. well tia can i recomend to you to use the liquid gold in the morning and at night too ,for 7 days aweek, and you can use a moisturiser on top too in the morning , and at night ,
but just 3 or 4 nights aweek just use the liquid gold on its own, for a real intense
treatment,

I never said to use it every day I said somone might be able to use it everyday but some else might only be able to use it once a week.
The email only recommends 3 time a week or once a week if thats what is needed.

Skin care regimes differ from person to person, I for instance cannot cleanse and tone every day as it irrates my skin, no matter what or gentle the product

I agree with you Yazrose. Skincare does differ from person to person, its down to what suits you personally. Thats why QVc have the 30 day money back guarantee and so many different skincare brands, enabling you to try the skincare products and find out which brand suits you. I have ordered the Liquid Gold to incorporate into my Liz Earle Routine.

I agree that all skins are different, and many products can cause a reaction, but this sounds like strong stuff, it doesn't mention "every day" in that email in any way shape or form...however, one thing that's come from this debacle is that I wouldn't be tempted to touch this product with a bargepole..so thanks for that.

Quite frankly, it's not the fault of any of the posters here, but the instructions imo shouldn't be open to interpretation, they should make it say No more than 3 times per week in large bold lettering and underline the dangers of overusing it full stop. The fact that some people's skin might "get away" with using it more often is neither here nor there...this is a potentially dangerous product!

I agree that all skins are different, and many products can cause a reaction, but this sounds like strong stuff, it doesn't mention "every day" in that email in any way shape or form...however, one thing that's come from this debacle is that I wouldn't be tempted to touch this product with a bargepole..so thanks for that.

Quite frankly, it's not the fault of any of the posters here, but the instructions imo shouldn't be open to interpretation, they should make it say No more than 3 times per week in large bold lettering and underline the dangers of overusing it full stop. The fact that some people's skin might "get away" with using it more often is neither here nor there...this is a potentially dangerous product!

Oh well said, they should make the instructions very clear on the pack.

Great post.

I think its pointless people arguing over this that and the other, we are all adults and are big enough and ugly enough to make our own decisions about what we put on our skin etc. It is up to us if we follow the recommendations on the back of a bottle or not. I personally do whatever i feel my skin needs at that specific time.

The basic idea behind glycolic is exfoliation of the top layers of skin cells, and therefore by removing them it exposes "new" skin to the sunlight, which is more prone to sun damage. Hence the reason to be extra careful in the sun, and why these products have that advice on them. :D

I haven't been using Alpha H products for long and have to say that I followed Karinas instructions (i.e using it every day etc) but suffered no adverse reactions, in fact my skin seems ok with it.

However, having seen these new instructions and reading of others horrific experiences with it I'm going to use the product with a bit more caution and only apply it as per the Alpha H instructions as I'm sure in the long term it would have an opposite effect.

I for one didn't realise how potent the ingredients were but it makes sense to treat something like this with respect and not go overboard.

I don't for a second think Karina intended misleading us as I'm sure she would agree and I appreciate her taking the trouble to respond to my questions.

EXACTLY merryone good post. Why is it not made as clear as day in the instructions!? Thanks for that merryone. I do think it should be made clear in black and white how to use the product. I dont know what the instructions say myself as I have yet to try it and am awaiting mine to arrive.

I do however feel it is not Karina's fault that the instruction leaflet states different information as to what has been said on here. I honestly do not think that Karina would purposely put anyones skin at risk, she is not the sort of person.
I feel that she was kindheartedly honestly trying to help and advice people on the forum. The product works well for her the way she is using it . I dont see why the argument needs to continue really, as it has now been clarifyed by Michelle, so let karina use it how she wants to and everyone else just use it how you feel it is best. Having a go at Karina does not really solve the matter.

Well said Dazzler. Great post.

Karina was asked for her advice and she gave it as honestly as she could.

I can she this thread going the same way as others.

miniminx;57736[B said:
]I think its pointless people arguing over this that and the other, we are all adults and are big enough and ugly enough to make our own decisions about what we put on our skin etc. It is up to us if we follow the recommendations on the back of a bottle or not. I personally do whatever i feel my skin needs at that specific time. The basic idea behind glycolic is exfoliation of the top layers of skin cells, and therefore by removing them it exposes "new" skin to the sunlight, which is more prone to sun damage. Hence the reason to be extra careful in the sun, and why these products have that advice on them. :D

Hi Miniminx very good post. There is no thanks button. but I agree.
but I dont know about the ugly enough lol I aint ugly - that did make me laugh! :D

I agree also that AlphaH are the ones at fault here not Karina. I received a try me pack last week, the bottle said one thing and the leaflet said another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back