Tova jewellery memories

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
Why on earth do they think we would want to buy Tova's jewellery just because of the circumstances surrounding why they were bought for her?

I've got my own pieces of jewellery with memories attached to them, so I don't want to buy fake copies of someone else's thank you very much.

I could be wrong but I get the feeling the kind of people who buy Tova's stuff live in a twilight world of their own ~ maybe they aspire to be like her and hope some of the 'glamour' rubs off :cheeky:

Tova's jewellery

Tova has some really nice pieces especially those that are of the art nouveau, art deco, vintage style. Her stories of where she found them or where a friend of hers found them at auction or at a flea market are interesting. Tova's line is not the only line QVC promotes that copies or reproduces someone's jewellery or uses someone's jewellery as inspiration. There hasn't been any V&A stuff on lately but V&A markets reproductions as does the Jackie Kennedy estate and for QVC US the Smithsonian. To each his/her own.

She's not wearing the wig tonight and the portrait is back in the attic. Nice to hear she watches Downton Abbey. She really does epitomize FABULOUSNESS - she's the classiest guest ever to grace QVC.

I'll admit I've taken the rip out of her on here, but I actually do love listening to her old school tales. I know she's not a famous film star (though she's married to one) but it's nice sometimes to wallow in a bit of glamour. I think her jewellery (particularly the Deco stuff) is stunning, but sadly even at Diamonique prices I can't afford at the mo.

Also thought she looked much better without the wig, much better with her own hair. The red really suited her.

Personally, I would have to give that honour to Gianetta (Veronese)

I would agree Frazzled.
I watch Gianetta presenting the Veronese line & I don't buy gold jewellery, but love watching her & the pieces she brings to Q.
..... wish she did Stainless Steel

First, the bad - there's got to be something so I'll get it over with! It's a generalization, but when women have so much plastic surgery I find it becomes distracting and find myself thinking that they are very likely much older than they really are. Given that Ernie is 90 several, and Tova is tweaked to Sunset Boulevard and back, I thought she must be at least late 70's. I don't know how old she is, but a previous thread suggested she was more like late 60's. I appreciate she lives in a different world to most of us and is only keeping up with the Jones's. Joan Rivers is another one. I really like her but feel she might be approaching 100 she's had so much work done.

Now the good. I actually rather like Tova. I love the way the presenters glam themselves up and defer to her and we are allowed to listen to her tales. Of course they don't really mean a thing, but they turn a routine hour into a comfortable escape. A bit like listening to bedtime stories! It's an oasis of calm and very well done. I wish her pieces weren't all in silver though. Doesn't it tarnish and spoil the effect? If they were epiphany I might be tempted...

I love Tova! I've said before on here that when I first saw her I honestly thought for a few moments that it was a skit on a shopping channel :giggle:. Now I just enjoy watching her being in her own little bubble of what I feel is rather touchingly dated glamour. I don't covet her lifestyle, but I do covet her jewels! I have a couple of genuine Art Deco pieces, saved for and utterly adored, but they are so hard to find even if you have got the budget as so many originals were formed into other pieces when fashions changed. And at the risk of sounding like a demented t-caller once more, the Tova DMQ I have elicits enquiries every time I wear it. Of course, I just throw my head back and tell the daaaahling enquirer a tale about it being a gift from my seventh husband on the occasion of our nineteenth wedding vow renewal...:giggle:

I would be more impressed with a Diamonique collection based on Elizabeth Taylor's jewels. Now that would really be something.:clapping:

oh yes, I would wear the emerals going shopping in Waitrose and the Tiara I would keep for the cinema :tongue::blush::blush::blush:

She's not wearing the wig tonight and the portrait is back in the attic. Nice to hear she watches Downton Abbey. She really does epitomize FABULOUSNESS - she's the classiest guest ever to grace QVC.

am i being really dim? how can you tell? the hair always looks the same to me. i didn't wven kow she had a wig till i saw it on here (i love tova i think she's lovely)

Latest posts

Back