QVC - bankers.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
(mum writes)

I'm curious to know if anyone else gets confused in their bank by the time it takes QVC to request payments? I find that my balance drops when I purchase because the bank pre-authorise the payment, but by the time items are actually despatched, that has expired and then the payment does actually get requested, so it sometimes appears that I've paid for items twice, even though I know I haven't. My bank balance is like a yo-yo if I place a couple of orders at the same time or close together. One order I cancelled is still showing as a debit in my account, even though that was three days ago. I also find that QVC don't provide quite enough information when it comes to bank details. It would be useful if the could include the item number in the reference so it's easier to know which debit goes to which order.

And while I'm on the subject, their refunds still seem to take an age. I notice that IW have a section in your order history giving details about your refunds and returns. They have refunded on the same day as the return was received in every instance. QVC seem to take at least 3 days for that to happen. Their payments also take longer to get to the bank than most others too. People knock IW but some of their operating procedures seem to be much more efficient and common sense based than QVC. Not that I buy a lot from either channel anymore. It just seems to me that Britain's "number one shopping channel" could and should be much more efficient than they are. It all seems to second rate sometimes.

(Ps. And please do something about your slides that contain columns of figures. It's really not hard to make them line up properly! - pet peeve)

This drives me nuts too! The amount disappears from my bank account immediately, but I've usually received my items a good couple of days before the transaction clears, and yes, sometimes it looks like it's left the account twice and it reduces my available balance for at least 24 hours. This also happened when I lived in the States and ordered stuff from QVCUS. When I have queried this, I was just told not to worry as the extra debit would just drop off the system. All very well as long as you don't have direct debits or standing orders coming off the account around the same time which could tip you over into the red and incur bank charges. I suspect that QVCUK uses an American system. Their banking system is years behind ours.

Sorry off topic slightly, it is just that I had a double take when I read the title lol.

Himself on the odd occasion referred to other drivers by a similar word. It was when eldest daughter started using his term when things went wrong that he had to modify.
Bad drivers since the late 1980s are 'Bankers' in our household & remain so to this day :biggrin:

Just as a quick update, I returned two items to IW on the same day as QVC. Both of the IW refunds are in my bank today. The item returned to QVC still isn't even showing as returned yet.

Sorry off topic slightly, it is just that I had a double take when I read the title lol.

Himself on the odd occasion referred to other drivers by a similar word. It was when eldest daughter started using his term when things went wrong that he had to modify.
Bad drivers since the late 1980s are 'Bankers' in our household & remain so to this day :biggrin:

When my son was five years old he was taken to his first footy match (my husband couldn't wait for him to experience this special moment) and then a week later he called his Dad "a Willy Wonka".

"Slightly" off topic I know but last week I purchased something from a high street shop and pulled the card out of the pincard reader a millisecond before it said remove your card. The shop gave me a void transaction slip and then put it through again. Both amounts instantly showed in my available balance and the second one physically came out of my account on a statement two days later, however the first amount was in my available balance too for 7 days!!! when it automatically dropped off. Both the bank and the shop said they could do nothing as that millisecond had caused the funds to be allocated and until the systems realised nobody was going to actually claim it then it wouldn't be refunded, but tell you what it totally screwed me up for a week, as until that happened I nothing. Lesson learnt for me being too quick, but at the same time now you know who the bank makes so much interest!

I have noticed that my Q payments seem to be rather bizzare too and their account page is rubbish. Amazon is great with a clear breakdown of cost, date and time of order, dispatch date and estimated delivery date and a good search facliity. I too have had my cash flow messed up by delays in payments being claimed.
Did laugh when I saw thread title as I immediately thought of the bankers who have wrought such carnage on the economy and was trying to guess what on earth they would be doing on QVC.

Latest posts

Back