Creating Jewellery show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bella_bambina

Registered Shopper
I'm watching the Creating Jewellery show. Is this new? The woman who is on has a slightly strange accent.. and called Claire, Catherine! Claire also got confused about one of the kits! I haven't seen this show on QVC before, but saw it on the guide and thought I might take a look. I saw the creating jewellery show on create & craft show last week and thought it was pretty basic really. I didn't think the kits were that great either. This show on qvc looks to have better kits, but i'm not show if they are good value. What do people think? I've done a bit of jewelllery making before, I did quite a bit a few years ago but moved abroad and didnt do it anymore. I'm living in the uk again now but haven't taken it up again since i've been back but still interested in it.

I'm not sure about the prices to be honest.. are they reasonable for these kits?

How do they compare to C&C? I think QVC is selling Beadalon stuff which is a good brand in jewellery making. :)

Does anyone on this forum make their own jewellery?

Hi,

I make my own jewellery :)

The Creating Jewellery show has been on a couple of times before. Personally, I don't think the prices are great. The tool kits are worth getting - they have done a great price for quality brand tools, but I think the beads are over-priced (especially with the P&P added on).

Have you ever watched the Jewellery Maker channel? It's not the best for everything (I don't like the tools) but you can get a kit with genuine gemstones, 925 Sterling Silver and beading threads priced from about £17.95 (or lower sometimes). The P&P is only £4.95 for everything you buy in a day, and you get a 30 day money back guarantee (but unlike QVC you can't use the kit - it has to be returned as it was sent out). They also give you a free basic techniques DVD and booklet with your first order.

I'm not sure how QVC compares to C&C because I don't think I can get it on Virgin (?)

A fairly new jewellery maker here. I too have discovered Jewellerymaker.com - fatal!!! I was seriously ticked off with the show on QVC thanks to Claire baby talk Sutton who had NOOOOOO idea when to shut up and bury her own ego. Poor Carolyn was hardly allowed to demonstrate anything. I don't understand why demos are so peremptorily cut off in craft shows when, for example, makeup demos are always completed, and they can witter for Britain on jewellery, often without really saying anything! (That's something I really enjoy about Jewellerymaker - they really know their stuff.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back