The Buckley Poppy Brooch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought last years direct from the RBL...it is very dainty...smaller than I expected,but I do find Buckley items very well made.

daydreamer

I bought the QVC one last year and as the OP said it is 'dainty' - very well made but small.
Therefore I have just ordered the large one direct from RBL.
Get them now before they sell out!!!!

Thanks for this, but now I can't decide! There are 2 new ones this year. 40mmx24mm at £15 and "large" at 60mmx35mm for £25. What to do?

Going off the dimensions given on both websites the one they're selling on QVC for £15 is only £10.20 on RBL. There is one that costs £15 on RBL but it's bigger.
Oh and QVCs P&P is more.
Tut tut tut.
I've just ordered one from the British Legion. :up:

I ordered the Buckley poppy brooch from the BL last year but it was sold out. However, i was on wait list for it and received it in January and put it away. I've just brought it out and put it on my suit jacket for work. Its really lovely, elegant and sparkly and really good value for £10.20. I can't believe people are selling them on Ebay!

I ordered the small one from RBL after seeing the post in The Drop - it's absolutely lovely and beautifully made. I might buy the larger one as well next year.

Thanks for the link. I have just ordered mine from RBL. Can't believe QVC are charging P&P for this plus only £5 donated. :angry: P&P should be free. If they can do it on CDs why not for that ?

I see this is now the same price on QVC as the RBL.

I noticed that too Janey, and they were plugging it like stink all day yesterday as well. I wonder if it had been priced wrong at first and they were doing a bit of extra push to try and make up for it?

The one I ordered from the British Legion site on Thursday arrived in the post yesterday morning. Excellent service - and cheaper than La Q.

Last edited:
I got two last year from RBL and just got them out ready to wear next month. This year I'll just make a donation. My grandpa left his little Yorkshire village (he'd only ever been as far as Leeds before the WW1) lied about his age because he thought he'd miss the war and ended up fighting in Siberia at the age of 17. He died just a week before his 100th birthday and we were so proud of him. He thought it was the war to end all wars. Sorry to go off at a tangent.

The RBL have continued to work so hard for those who came back from all the recent wars and the families of those who don't.

Jude xx

I got two last year from RBL and just got them out ready to wear next month. This year I'll just make a donation. My grandpa left his little Yorkshire village (he'd only ever been as far as Leeds before the WW1) lied about his age because he thought he'd miss the war and ended up fighting in Siberia at the age of 17. He died just a week before his 100th birthday and we were so proud of him. He thought it was the war to end all wars. Sorry to go off at a tangent.

The RBL have continued to work so hard for those who came back from all the recent wars and the families of those who don't.

Jude xx

You must be very proud of your Grandpa Jude. He was a real hero.My daughter did Modern History for her university degree & then again for her masters. She did both her thesises on World War 1 & she taught me an awful lot about what those soldiers went through. Its general knowledge what a terrible time they had but she covered it in real detail & it remains something close to her heart.

Is it the 10.20 one that the presenters are wearing on QVC?
It looks ok in size
Having problems with the RBL's website, loads of people must be trying to buy

They kept putting a thing at the bottom of the screen yesterday saying whoever had it on was 'wearing this item' with the item number and price and it was the £10.20 one. Just had a squizz on La Q's webshite and it looks like its the only one there. It was definitely on for £15 on Thursday when I was looking as I posted that it was the same dimensions for more money and more postage than RBL.

Thanks to this forum I went to the RBL site and bought one of the medium and one of the large. I prefer the medium, as the large was too large for me and I will give it to a friend who preferred the large one. They are both beautifully made and I must say that the larger one has more black definition at the centre, probably because it has larger stones. I saw the small/original one - the one I assume QVC are selling, - and it was just a bit too tiny, great perhaps for a man's lapel though! Very fast and cheaper delivery than QVC and you can return items within 14 days if you need to.

Latest posts

Back