What qvc programme can you just not be bothered with? (poor grammar - excuse)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
There are some days which just give me the irrits. Tuesdays usually, Craft day. Actually I am a bit of a crafter but I like to knit and do tapestry so card making is just not my scene. I really don't see why the QVC public has to endure hours of crafting when there is a Crafting channel.

Certain fashion shows annoy me too or rather the designers do. Michele Hope and Kim Mendelssohn. Michele because her life is so damn wonderful and has no idea how the other half live. Kim Mendelssohn's giggling. Oh and Kelly flippin Hoppen is another one who should take a stroll down the average High Street and look how many shops are boarded up.

Beauty products I can watch apart from Elemis, Philosophy and Decleor.

Richard Johnson drives me doolally and to my mind isn't all that knowledgeable.

The one that sends me for the remote instantly though is "flahr" - the Peony woman. Grrrrrr!!

I think it would be easier to list what I CAN be bothered with tbh! I watch seldom these days...silver Diamonique is one and the Eternal range another - but most of what I buy comes from Clearance, I tend to shop more from the website than from viewing. Beauty & skincare I used to enjoy but not now. Put it this way..if I was sick and tucked up on the sofa in my Slanket, then I'd probably put it on while I was on my own all day, just for a bit of company...otherwise nope!

For me it's anything to do with technology which I find the biggest yawn ever- I've only just learnt to send a text on my phone and I've had it for five years!

Northern Nights all that stroking the flipping sheets. In the Kitchen, how many pots and pans does a body need, plus I hate cooking. Liz Earl and that glued on smug smile. I like jewellery and craft and that's about it.

I loathe craft with a passion ( apologies to all you avid crafters out there ). Computer & techy stuff bores the pants off me. Northern Nights rarely & I have to turn off Kelly Hoppen as I could do serious damage to the TV when she is on:angry:

I tend to stick to the fashion & beauty but mainly with the sound off. In fact the sound is more off than on when I have got Q on. I switch to it in advert breaks as well just to have a nosey whats on, but can't say I am the avid watcher I used to be.

I agree about the crafting - there's too much of it on Shopping TV for a start, and not everyone who crafts sits and sticks bits of paper on top of each other!

Can't be doing with the bedding either - watching someone stroke a duvet cover for an hour isn't my idea of scintillating TV...

Jinny x

I think it would be easier to list what I CAN be bothered with tbh! I watch seldom these days...silver Diamonique is one and the Eternal range another - but most of what I buy comes from Clearance, I tend to shop more from the website than from viewing. Beauty & skincare I used to enjoy but not now. Put it this way..if I was sick and tucked up on the sofa in my Slanket, then I'd probably put it on while I was on my own all day, just for a bit of company...otherwise nope!

Almost word for word what I think Carol.
These days Q gets on my flipping nerves. In the evening I pop in to Q to see what's on during the ad breaks otherwise it tends to be background noise in the lounge while I'm in the study on the computer. I ALWAYS know when Alison Young is on and so does Himself from his corner of the house! He is not very polite to put it mildly.
Some presenters ... well, it's like waving a red rag at a bull, I react badly.

I dislike themed days that's for sure!

now this has got me thinking, don't ever watch craft as just not in to it but if I was I would pop down the road to Dunelm and get my stuff from there as they have a large craft section. I don't watch much of the pots, pans and cooking, again I can get what I want at Dunelm. Ditto bedding shows ( I am sensing a theme here!). Kelly Hoppen is a literal turn off, her attitude stinks, she comes across as if she is doing us plebs a favour merely by gracing our screens with her prescence. I think the technology is over priced, the fashion is usually hideous, the p and p is becoming ever more outrageous, yup it is easier for me say what I do watch. I will tune in to see jewellery, beauty and um that is about it. Of late I have found Q dull, over priced and somewhat stuck on the "rinse cycle", same stuff going round over and over again. It does have a lot of comedy value tho'!!

now this has got me thinking, don't ever watch craft as just not in to it but if I was I would pop down the road to Dunelm and get my stuff from there as they have a large craft section. I don't watch much of the pots, pans and cooking, again I can get what I want at Dunelm. Ditto bedding shows ( I am sensing a theme here!). Kelly Hoppen is a literal turn off, her attitude stinks, she comes across as if she is doing us plebs a favour merely by gracing our screens with her prescence. I think the technology is over priced, the fashion is usually hideous, the p and p is becoming ever more outrageous, yup it is easier for me say what I do watch. I will tune in to see jewellery, beauty and um that is about it. Of late I have found Q dull, over priced and somewhat stuck on the "rinse cycle", same stuff going round over and over again. It does have a lot of comedy value tho'!!

ditto! think we'd do better with a Dunelm channel!

To be honest, my viewing choice is more detemined by presenter than subject but i never ever watch Craft or Technology.

I can tolerate others as background noise such as Richard Jackson, DIY, In the Kitchen etc without really being interested unless Anna, Catherine or Craig are presenting when i just have to turn off whatever the subject.

I am COSMETIC jUNKIE,have been with qvc from the start my very first purchase was a Gayle Haymen lipstick,unfortunately every time a beauty show is taken over by AY I have to turn the sound off which defeats the object was looking forward to Percy and Reed show later till found out she is doing it.
The biggest turn off for me is crafting and anything to do with being in the kitchen.
Lynn.

I'll second the comment about a Dunelm channel Just bought a set of lovely white flannel sheets from them (flat, fitted + 2 huge pillow cases) for less than half the price of Q, and didn't feel the need to stroke them in the shop either :cheeky:

Agree about AY taking over beauty shows can't watch for long when she is presenting,her annoyance factor is at an all time high. Don't like craft or anything with Jill Franks on.

If I have QVC on at all, it's usually on as background 'company' while I'm working (allegedly) on my netbook, but I avoid it completely when it's computer shows, Northern Nights, and Bose. I can't bear the programmes where they concentrate on one item for the hour either ....... namely items like Oreck (I have one and don't really need to see it balanced against the weight of a bottle of fabric conditioner over and over again,) Dyson and Diet Chef. Those sorts of prgramme remind me of the rivetting and repetitive shows on IW when we have a steam press or Karscher on screen for 60 minutes. If they can't talk us through a product in under an hour then there's something wrong in my opinion.

similar here (presenters aside) the ones that make my heart sink and make me almost groan out loud 'omg, not again!' are northern nights and cooks essentials. zero interest in craft either but doesn't seem to be rammed down our throats quite as much. i'm most interested in fashion - or i was until my retinas were damaged by psychedelic polyester - and cosmetics - until my eardrums were damaged by AY.

I never ever watch Craig or Carmel present. The Craft, Bose and Oreck shows bore me to tears, in fact most of the shows are that repetitive that a few mins of watching is more than enough...

Oh Craft,gardening,bedding,tech stuff,food. I said food and not kitchen and sometimes I will half watch and have to slap myself to not buy something which I not doubt would end up not using. Have trained myself now in beauty shows not to bother with most products, you know"Oh that sounds looks good. Oh no its not."

ditto! think we'd do better with a Dunelm channel!

Noooooooooooooooooooo.
Far too many temptations.:thinking::taphead:
I popped in for a couple of tea towels once and ended up spending £65
:tongue::rock:

As for instant turn offs; presenter wise it has to be Charlie, Jill Franks, Carmel, Anna and Dale. :mysmilie_13:
Whenever I see of Dale, I am reminded of Bob Monkhouse's saying "Sincerity is everything. Once you can fake that......"
AY I can tolerate in very small doses, when she's not being too strident and depending who she's on with.
I do like my make up and stuff, but rarely buy from QVC and have never bought and will never buy presteeeeeeguuuuuuuuss "high end" skin care.
The others just wash over me and like many others I just have them wittering away as background noise most of the time.

Programme wise, anything to do with gardening as I don't have one (unless Charlie Dimmock is guesting, 'cos I quite like watching her not do the hard sell :rock:), crafting (me and crafting bits and bobs should never share space as it will undoubtedly result in having to get the hoover out :doh:), Kim & Co, (gives me headache :angry:) and don't watch a lot of technology (including the hours dedicated to ruddy hoovers of all shapes and sizes
:sleepy:)

Last edited:
ok, presenters too? the only ones where i can't even bear to look OR listen are CS - baby talk and constantly checking herself out in the monitor - and AD - need i say more? i really have a problem, in real life too, with people who fancy themselves like CS. for the same reason JR annoys me - always has one eye on the monitor but i can listen to her unless she's doing her item numbaaahhh, blue red and pupple and honora puls thing. she doesn't always do it so it is not the way she naturally pronounces number, purple and pearls which makes it even more irritating. oy-yul does seem to be natural pronunciation. AY if it's something i'm particularly interested in, i can watch muted.

guest presenters, it's smugness that does it for me. 'i'm so perfect' liz earle, kelly hoppen, michele hope and the lisping elemis woman. kim mendleson's giggle is irritating but at least she's cheery and enthusiastic about her.....er.....product.

Latest posts

Back