I've succumbed to a Clickfree - - again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I went for the previous Clickfree C6 TSV and had to send it back as it was rubbish.

I've got 3 previous Clickfrees (for different purposes) and these are great.

The latest is the best so far IF IT WORKS!

The presentation said you would have to load an update before using it, and it would take hours for the first backup, so best done overnight. So at least they are being honest this time.

I got a full refund for the previous one inc both P&P's so I am willing to risk buying this one. I am hoping that QVC has learnt its lesson from the previous C6 fiasco.

I've got a previous click free and really pleased with it, and had no problems, my son has asked for an external hard drive for christmas would this be allright.

One of the questions on QVC webpage is whether you can transfer data from eg XP to Windows7. I was on the point of buying it but when I read this I wondered if it does do that. I am sure they have said it does when they were selling an earlier model but thought I had better check if anyone on here knows for sure.

I think (from what I've heard) it can transfer photos, music etc from one to another, but NOT programs like Word, or the operating system itself (eg XP).

I bought the first click free - 160gb - QVC sold. Recently, it has been a bit temperamental, but is still serving it's purpose. Although I like the idea of the new model also backing up the programmes, I don't need a new one, so shall not be making an unnecessary purchase; the 160gb one is more than capacious enough for me. Mine isn't click free, as the autoplay box poops up, giving me options to perform and I have to click the one I want.

I used my click free to transfer everything from my old computer which was xp, to my new computer which is windows 7 and it worked perfectly

I went for the previous Clickfree C6 TSV and had to send it back as it was rubbish./QUOTE]

Oh, stratobuddy, I do hope you are not disappointed again. My sis is still traumatised, but hey she has a new laptop now from IW (all is good so far although deliv. was a bit of a nightmare. Are you as forgiving with people in your life? If so, will you be my friend? :cheeky: :angel: :tongue:

For those of you thinking you need to transfer data via an external drive to a new pc AND have a router, you do realise you can set up a network easily enough: just drag and drop the files across. Far easier than you think and will save you the cost of buying an external device. Once done get yourself an external drive caddy and take the drive out into that caddy then sell the old computer. Bonus is that you have a backup device already for about a tenner.

Still trying to get it working, been on helpline, still not working, will give the technical details later as I'm sure you will all be entralled.

I've found a FREE customer support number instead of the expensive 0844 that QVC gave me. It is 0808 101 22 73.

I've rung them twice so far (in Canada I think) and done all the things they suggested (quite technical stuff).

Currently running the fourth 4-hour backup to see if it works this time.

It is certainly NOT "click free"!!!

Has anybody tried theirs yet as I bought one and I've put it away for Christmas, I would hate it not to work when it's a present

Posted my review, I wonder if it will be published - - - -

Would not work, wasted 3 days trying

"I have wasted 3 days trying to get this to work. I’ve rung the helpline and been on the phone ages, and have done everything they’ve said. I’ve tried backing up 4 times so far, each one taking 4 hours. It seemed to be working until the very end, when it told me I wouldn’t be able to use it to fix my PC if it crashed (a feature called Easy Fix), and I would only be able to restore my own files, NOT any programme files and the operating system.

The only reason I bought it was to back up the operating system and programmes, and restore my PC if it crashed. In fact, I already have 3 other Clickfrees that I use to back up my own files, and they work fine. This one is useless and will be going back; if it actually did what QVC said, it would be wonderful."

Latest posts

Back