Would you buy Alison Young's own range of skincare?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
Would you buy Alison Young's own range of skincare?

I've always wondered why AY never developed her own range of skin care. Had she done so about 5+ years ago when she was still a credible authority on skin care it would have sold really well. I wonder whether she's kicking herself when she's presenting with Sarah Chapman (SC used to be AY's understudy on QVC before she moved to Home Shopping Europe) and Emma Hardie (who doesn't have 35 years of beauty industry experience, retraining as a beauty therapist fairly recently), and her BFF Lulu - (nuf said). Maybe she's prevented by QVC as it might result in a conflict of interest when she presents other brands?

Sad to say I think AY has missed the boat; latterly she's become a caricature of her former self. I do credit AY with providing plenty of useful info when I first watched "In the Salon" and "Beauty Workshop" when I first started watching QVC 16 years ago; helping to sort out my skin after my children were born. If she tried to launch a range now I'm not so sure how well it would do, would you buy it?

Jude xx

PS amusing answers with suggestions for product names and ingreeejunts also gratefully received :giggle:

As long as the cleanser takes off bullet proof eyeliner and 86 layers of BB shimmer brick the facial area demos could be very persuasive!

Jude xx

*deep breath*

*wades in*

The Alison Young Literally Actually Fountain of Horse**** Skincare Range

Comprising:

Literal Actual Double-Cleanser with extract of Horse**** 250ml salon size, for you.

Will even take off stubborn Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner, even though I'd prefer it if you actually used a literal actual seperate eye make up remover at considerable extra literal expense. This is a literal 250ml salon size, for you, so it literally works out very economically in an actual way on your literal face area to actually remove literal make up.

Literal Actual Eye Make up Remover with extract of Gobby, 50ml size. For you.

Rich in literal potent chemicals this will remove all your Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner and also get stains off your induction hob. For literal use on your actual eye area, use with a brillo pad, or if you're in a rush - a scourer.

Literal Actual Face Toner with extraction of Wee-Wee, 250ml salon size, for you.

I'm taking the literal actual wee-wee with this product. Ingreeeeeeejunt rich, it comes in a lovely bottle which can be displayed in a literal actual bathroom shelf in a utilitarian way, literally. Sweep over your literal actual face area after you've cleansed and watch as your eyes puff up and your literal actual cheeks peel off.

Literal Actual Pro-Bo**o*ks Face Moisturiser 75ml

This literal moisturiser, suitable for your literal actual face area can be used day or night and is suitable for all actual literal skin types, including richer skin tones and honey based literal actual afro-carribean skin literal actual types. Smear on with a trowel after you've mucked out Dobbin and Co in the stables, sorry, after you've cleansed and toned and see the literal actual difference in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. Literally.

Literal Actual Skin Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerum 15ml

This is a literally incredibly rich actual seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerum for the literal eye area and number 11 lines. Use this twice a day after you've mauled about with all the other products in the literal actual range and you won't see annnnnny difference at all.

This range is exclusive to QVC and a few high end department stores and car boot sales up and down the country.

Fin.

No I would not buy a range of skincare that Alison Yell developed.
It would be over-priced whatever it contained.

Playing with her name 'Alison' could give her 'Salon I' but she's far too vain to put anything on the label other than her own name.

The Jump To The Phones Hand Mosturiser

How Big Is My Gob Lip Sealer

All Over Body Mask For Wrinkle Phobics

Bullet Proof Face Defender In Case You Get Shot At

:giggle:

She could then branch out into fragrance and hair care just like bessy mate Lu. How about:

"Alison" a potent yet subtle fragrance redolent of the stable yard with top screeching notes of hay and leather .

"Roots" an all in one colourant, shampoo and conditioner, a true innovation in hair care you will be suprised and shocked at the way this dynamic product will make your hair look extraordianary but maybe not in a good way.

I literally wouldn't be allowed to use it as I'm not a pressteejust celeb flying in and sneaking through the back door of her stable... um sorry, literally exclusive salon.

..and Clarins too! it makes me wonder why she's never been tempted to launch her own products!

J xx

No. Serum on top of moisturiser on top of this that and the other. My skin could not cope. Easy bedtime routines they would not be. A good nights kip is the best serum.

There's probably a clause in her contract that prevents it. Most zelebs with their own brand claim they were forced to create it because nothing on the market suited their skin. How could she justify her own brand when she's had so many 'must haves' from other brands over the years. I suppose she could always move to IW.

There's probably a clause in her contract that prevents it. Most zelebs with their own brand claim they were forced to create it because nothing on the market suited their skin. How could she justify her own brand when she's had so many 'must haves' from other brands over the years. I suppose she could always move to IW.

please don't give us false hope......:cheeky:

Wouldn't it be called Literally Young? Not sure about the sizes though. I think one of AY's secrets is trowelling on layers of whatever she can get her hands on as extra insurance. And there'd have to be an oyull as well. She does love her oyulls for you. So I think at least half litres of everything and you'll be amazed at the savings you can make as it slides off your face and into your frying pan and salad dressings. No mention of a price point yet? It's worth investing in your appearance, and you can trust this range to deliver what with all that experience behind it, so forget the 'try me' and jump straight to the phones for the complete kit at £900 (on three easy pays for you) and postage a mere £19.99. You'll be amaaaazed (when your OH opens the credit card statement and leaves home).

Can she do a "Parfum" (other fragrance houses only do EDT don't you know!) and can it be called

4U

Jude xx

Great thread! My answer, too, is sadly NO WAY!!! She makes me laugh and I enjoy watching her, but she strikes me as no expert. She is simply an ex-beauty therapist who got a lucky/unlucky break. No, thanks all the same, but I prefer my skincare products to have some scientific research behind them rather than Cheryl Cole once having looked at it for 2 seconds :cheeky:

Name of range could be 'Literally Young' with the strapline of 'eternal youth for you' :angel:

Oops, sorry Bea - just read your post!! Now I don't know if it caught my eye before posting or whether we have a psychic link?? Haha!! :blush:

Latest posts

Back