Why will QVC not answer a simple question about Breast Cancer Care night?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
Why on earth can QVC not answer a simple question about BBC night?

I have emailed all of my contacts but not one has replied.

Do QVC give a damm abouit Customers that is the question?

Very disappointed by QVC!

But don't forget that you can buy gifts and support BCC here,
(if you prefer to buy something instead of donating directly).

Sadly not the pink earphones :eek:.

Last edited:
I really would like to know the whole story behind this - why have things changed? - and I'm sure many others would as well.

Thanks for trying Graham

Was too late to edit, so sorry for another post.

Wanted to add my thanks for your efforts too Graham :thumbsup:.
Would like to know the reasons behind their decision as well.

I just called Customer Services and was told by a very helpful lady that they are having the event just not the first week of October. Her dates only went up to the 6th so it could be the second week instead, it's just delayed due to their 15th Anniversary Celebration.

QVC Customer Service is superb! Other companies could certainly learn a thing or two from them!

They took several days to come back to me with the reply I got, if "we don't know if and we don't know when" was the situation a month before the event I think we can safely say that there will be no dedicated show this year, which, when you consider the size of the Company is appalling.:mad:

Last edited:
:thanks: Graham for taking the time and effort to find out for us :clap:

Looks like QVC no longer give a stuff about their loyal customers :fume::fume:

I just called Customer Services and was told by a very helpful lady that they are having the event just not the first week of October. Her dates only went up to the 6th so it could be the second week instead, it's just delayed due to their 15th Anniversary Celebration.

QVC Customer Service is superb! Other companies could certainly learn a thing or two from them!

They've managed to cope with the two events in previous years:mad:

I think it's fair enough if they are doing it a bit later. As long as they're still doing the event then what's the problem? Maybe they only have one team who plans the big events. It's perhaps too much to ask for them to do two things at once. Also for all we know, Breast Cancer Care themselves may have prefered it this way as it then doesn't take any of the attention away from this good cause. I think we should wait for a definitive answer. Surely there will be one coming at some point.:)

They will presumably film the presenter at the time, and then cut short pieces together to show on the BCC QVC night. In fact, that might be better to watch, as if it's not live they can have shots of the presenter intercut with shots of the fashion show. Might be slicker as well, as they won't have to worry if the presenter cocks up - they can just do another take!
I don't think the actual liveness is crucial. Well not to me anyway.:)

Customer services haven't been that fantastic recently. I had a necklace I wanted to return (over a month ago) and to this date have still not heard a word from them.

I think we'll find that there is no BCC night this year. My source was pretty reliable and said they had been told there would not be one this year.

They really are slipping these days.

It seems to me that they are hoping no-one will notice!!! Shame on QVC. It's like July beauty month where they just drop it and think no-one notices! But this is much worse as it is a charity...I am sure it will do them no long-term harm, but interestingly all those of us who have been around, even just for a year are seeing changes that shows QVC's penny pinching focus.

I received a QVC Gossip e-mail today giving details about the 1 October fashion event and explaining how to buy tickets to attend. No mention of a QVC event though. If this has been dropped it is so disappointing especially when its for charity. Many thanks to Graham for trying to find out for us all.

But the big BCC event and fashion show is always on that date and still is far as I know. They cut to live feed at the event on the night, how will they manage that?

Exactly Donna, it just won't be the same if they don't have the interaction with the people at the event.

I have my doubts there will be a BCC night at all on QVC. Maybe they will just sell special BCC items at some point.

Exactly Donna, it just won't be the same if they don't have the interaction with the people at the event.

I have my doubts there will be a BCC night at all on QVC. Maybe they will just sell special BCC items at some point.

I think you may be right, Sazza - and that they will sell special items, but that will be it.

I think it comes down to money - and like everyone else QVC must be feeling the effects of the credit crunch. Nothing they sell - even the clothes - are real necessitiesand people are cutting back.

I can't understand why they have sent me two qgossip emails telling me about their models for this years show if they are not covering the event live as usual. They really should keep the viewers informed if they want our support, after all it's us the customers who keep QVC prospering as a company.

Latest posts

Back