Thorntons

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
Just switched on and found Thorntons on air, and whilst the sickly tone of the lady gets on my wick big time, thought I'd persevere as I am in Christmas gifting mood today, ho ho ho!

Was just very tempted to go for the 5 piece mint/dessert gallery set as it was on Easy Pay. However, I am so glad that I didn't, as I just priced them up in my local Thorntons shop and all five come in at less than £20!!!! With the postage QVC are charging approx £10 more for the same thing!!!!! Not impressed guys. In store for that money you could have 2 boxes of the main item (big dessert gallery selection) as opposed to only one with QVC. Not often you can pick them up on such things as they always say that cause they buy in bulk the prices are lower but this time is a big boo !!! And the sizes/weights are the same too ...

Just switched on and found Thorntons on air, and whilst the sickly tone of the lady gets on my wick big time

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds her irritating
1zxqo2c_th1-1.gif

Big boxes in co op for a fiver. Not sure what sort of selection they are but it's the ones that tend to be on offer on valentine and mothers day! Pale blue box if that helps!!

Sorry but i find Thornton's rubbish these days. Mass produced -no taste!

The Thornton's lady is a terrible guest presenter too!

I remember when Thornton's only shop was in Oxford and the chocolates were produced on a small scale. They were awesome. Unfortunately, with mass production there isn't anything much special about them nowadays and a premium price tag.

you can get a big box in home bargains for a very good price might only be 4-6 mths on the sell-by date, though xx

Goodness I urge people NOT to buy certain Thorntons items, current item 4 boxes of Classics, milk, dark and mixed for £36. On the Thorntons website you can buy five boxes for £20!!! Pls shop around guys sometimes EasyPay doesn't pay. Also you can have a choice for the 5 boxes so you could have one of each of the QVC ones, a mint collection and a christmas collection all for £20, nearly half the price. I know one of the QVC ones is a bigger box twice as big as the others, but weight for weight this still works out at 5 boxes so you can still get exactly the same direct from them for just £20.

Naughty naughty QVC, sorry but hopefully people can read this and save themselves some money as that collection was popular and went to advanced orders.

Last edited:
I don't know about anyone else but I find all their chocolates taste the same, regardless of the filling they contain. I don't know how they do it. My nieces and nephew bought me a box of Cadburys Dairy Box for my birthday and they were delish.

Linda xx

I don't know about anyone else but I find all their chocolates taste the same, regardless of the filling they contain. I don't know how they do it. My nieces and nephew bought me a box of Cadburys Dairy Box for my birthday and they were delish.

Linda xx

Have to agree. Love their toffee though.

I love their toffee too, makes me dribble like a goon un, classy chick LOL

The *ahem* Adults Only selection is actually literally cheaper on Q because the same collection on Thornton's website comes to £38.97+£3.95 p&p. And no Jamesy, I don't have a drink problem, in fact I can drink anytime, no problem at all. :tongue:

Latest posts

Back