If you were to write the QVC's Presenter Manual, what golden rules would you include?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'mAlisonYoungliterally!

Registered Shopper
If there was a QVC Presenter Manual, what would be the golden rules to remember? Perhaps that the phones are always red hot and everything is flying out?

Remember what lies you told, about what item / in what show 'cos it's gonna come back around when you forget and trip up!

Don't confess to having absolutely everything we sell in your home because you know that at least 50% of it is c**p and so overpriced despite our huge buying power!!!!!:cheeky:

Do not use Dale or JF as role models, smarm and insincerity is switchoffable.
Do not tell your life story, the viewer isn't interested.
Swot up on the product so that if the guest is cr*p you can take the helm without time filling waffle.
Do not get over or under excited.
Do not start a sentence with "to be honest with you."

when you think the camera is not on you dont scowl or dump the product on the table... because its still on and i love to see it happen.

Top of the list for me is definitely:-

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MUST YOU EVER TALK OVER YOUR GUESTS.....it shows you have an extremely rude streak but, more importantly, the viewers don't like it!!

Honesty
Be realistic & remember you have a captive audience who will remember the claims you have made.
Respect the intelligence of the viewers because they will be your biggest critics

Show Intelligence
Be articulate
Do your homework

Know your product
You have to say more than "fabulous" "I love this"
You need to give information about the product rather than waffle on about your life.
If you have an expert guest, let them take priority

Don't treat viewers as imbeciles by pretending that you think the price shown on the screen could be wrong (as if the producers would actually put the wrong price!)

Don't pretend that you have missed a certain sized article or a certain coloured article has been sold out and how much you REALLY wanted that!!! and please don't say , " please don't buy all of that size or please leave me one. ":angry: Or how you should have bought it before it sold out, or before coming on air!!

Don't pretend you are amazed at how cheap the product is when the P & P is so extortionate and it would probably be cheaper to go out and buy it from a *dare I say it* high street.

Don't wear tops that expose most of your cleavage.

That goes for the female presenters, too.

I take it that you are not partial to Craig's "manly" neckline nor to the sight of Simon's greying curly hirsute chest:cheeky:

While I am partial to a hairy chest, seeing it on a guy who looks like an extra from Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video doesn't do a lot for me.

And Craig Rowe: "manly"? Have I missed a memo? :thinking:

Buy yourself a Thesaurus, read it and inwardly digest. Actually, some of them could do with a dictionary as well.

That's maybe a bit advanced - some of them need to learn to spell before they could use either.

And learn how to pronounce basic words ('specific' is NOT the world's 2nd largest ocean) or their own names (Ms Dollson) ...

Don't pretend that you have missed a certain sized article or a certain coloured article has been sold out and how much you REALLY wanted that!!! and please don't say , " please don't buy all of that size or please leave me one

Lol.
Catherine Huntley & Jill Franks
Ad nauseam

when presenting a "fashion" hour do not spend the first five minutes impersonating a pre pubescent Justin Bieber fan as you hyperventilate over the latest polyester rag you are hawking; instead give the sizes, the length if the garment is a dress, a skirt or a coat and then follow this with the care intructuctions. Do not mention Kate Middleton, Cheryl Cole "on trend" or "colour blocking"

Latest posts

Back