Wintertrax just arrived......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Qcheshire

Registered Shopper
I Recently purchased some wintertrax from qvc website and they arrived today. I cant wait to no longer slip on the ice this winter. Last year was a complete nightmare as our cul de sac is on a slope. Very dangerous to walk but no more now I have these for me and my husband.

Hi Qcheshire and welcome...money well spent if it fends off icy conditions. Maybe if everyone buys them we'll get the mildest winter on record! I got mine last year: keep a pair in the car and a pair at home.

Jude xx

I know. The weather the last couple of weeks has been lovely considering we are nearly in November. I'm sure it will become icy cold soon enough though.

Those Wintertrax are just fantastic. Ordered 6 pairs last year for me and OH, parents and sister and her hubby. They came just before the first of the bad weather arrived when we were setting off to have early Xmas in London with my sister. Talk about timing - all that snow arrived and we all used the trax and never slipped once. We don't get the snow here normally as we're by the sea but again the trax came in very useful when we did get that freezing ice in January. I have them on hand should the weather turn again and will keep one pair in the car and one at home.

I got them last year for my daughter and me, she found them great on all the different kinds of footwear she wears and for me they did give me more confidence when walking to town as I live quite high up and it's all downhill into town. Once I was on cleared footpaths I just took them off and wrapped them in some kitchen roll, put them in their bag and into my pocket till I got home and let them air.
Growing up at home in Scotland these trax would have been great if they had been around at the time, I don't know how many times I slipped over and at one point as I worked for a company which sold mountaineering equipment I did think of getting a pair of crampons lol.

piper

I bought some last year but only after I slipped on the ice and broke my wrist :sad: so hoping I will stay upright when walking to work this winter.

Just about the best thing I've ever bought from QVC. Have 2 spare pairs because OH snapped one pair - don't ask he has enormous feet and tried to put them on enormous walking boots that had more than enough grip on them. I had words!!!

Yes wintertrax are great,they are my best ever purchase from qvc.I even bought a spare pair last year just in case anything happened to my original pair I've had for a few years,could not be without them--worth every penny.

I ordered them last week to have when family come from abroad for Christmas in case it is icy. We have the GetaGrip ones ourselves but thought the Wintertrax would be more useful as they fit a range of sizes. Having read that they come with a warning that they shouldn't be worn indoors as they could cause falls does that mean that if you are going on a train or in and out of shops that you have to take them off and on all the time and if so is that difficult?

Best thing I ever bought from QVC.

I have the spike version bought last year. I bought these because they had size ranges, I am a 3 and sometime one fits all does not work for me. Mine also said not to wear indoors. Could damage carpets and wooden flooring. Now when out and about I was going to take them off when going into the shops but ended up didn't. Just clunged on, now the moving stairs made me think but no problems.

We got several pairs a couple of winters ago. When the snow came, I felt totally secure walking on the icy pavements.

Not quite sure why they featured on Richard Jackson's show recently but I suppose anyone cal go apex over base on the garden like anywhere else!

We got several pairs a couple of winters ago. When the snow came, I felt totally secure walking on the icy pavements.

Not quite sure why they featured on Richard Jackson's show recently but I suppose anyone cal go apex over base on the garden like anywhere else!

yep, that is what happened to me 3 week ago today and I am still hobbling around on crutches, very painful. :sad: ....... and I had to cancel my planned holiday to Spain with my daughter too. :sad:

mine are the get-a-grip ones with the spikes,already mentioned by Donna,but they all do the same job---stop you slipping.

Ooooo thanks for the reminder - I had completely forgotten to buy these

What with the snow socks for my car & now buying these I'm hoping it will mean that there isn't much snow and ice anymore, just the rubbish muddy winters I remember!

Just purchased 2 pairs of similar named brand called Snowtrax from Costco, priced just under £12 (can't remember if that's with or without VAT) Wasn't sure of the price compared to QVC Wintertrax so when I looked online, my jaw hit the floor.

Latest posts

Back