PeriCrones

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QuiteVacuousChat

Registered Shopper
Hubble bubble toil and trouble.... We've got the rigid face of the humourless "expert" on autopilot, the falling-apart previously made-over Anne Dawson yabbering ten to the dozen through her newly yellowing teefs, and that model with all the face filler and fake tan.... Do they really expect us to buy this snake oil, at those prices, when we've got to watch this kind of pitch. Bag of spanners comes to mind (medically-approved, of course). Anne "unconvincing" Dawson was giving Gobby a run for her money in the yacking incessantly stakes.

AY calls this serious skincare as if to justify the price of it makes out she uses ,bet she will be hyper ventilating later when she launches the TSV with(I VOTE FOR LULU).
Needless to say will not be watching bot remember "If you don`t like it don`t buy it"
Lynn.

Hello QuiteVacuousChat and welcome to the madhouse!

Pericrones! Love it!

Jude xxx

Agree with everything you said OP about 'Pericrones' & it's presenter.
I do think Anne Dawson looks a thousand times better since she lost weight.
Well done her!

This Perricone stuff is all hocus-pocus smoke-and-mirrors stuff. It annoys me when a doctor exploits the general trust the public have in the medical profession by flogging this extortionately priced range of skincare. I really do think its a load of baloney. And botoxed guest presenters don't imbue me with any faith in the products either

Totally agree ...

• if the sales rep of Perricone was 'natural' it would give the new customer confidence in the product
It gets my goat when women push push push products, yet their faces are evident of injectables including fillers and collagen lips
I know it may be none of my business what these girls do, if they are selling a dress, then fine... but when they are pushing facial products, it is the same as a woman selling diet chef but hiding the secret she's wearing a steel boned corset to give her an illusion of slimness. Its a cheat.

Hmm lets see.. Lulu - also guilty. In fact the only 'older' person who pushes skincare 100% 'prick free' is Linda Lusardi, and shes proud to state that fact.

Oh and whilst I yak on about injectables -- AY may denounce women who have it, but she cannot frown which indicates she's had a gentle '1 area' botox treatment -- the Glabella area. Its obvious. This is so because she can raise her eyebrows but not create number 11s, or frown Like the AY I have on old vcr tapes, younger, but frowning away.

Last edited:
Agree with the Kudos to Anne Dawson for losing the weight and getting fit. I'm sure it takes quite a lot of determination and I admire anyone who has the commitment to succeed. HOWEVER, why bother with the make-up and nails etc if you're not going to get your roots done. Drives me nuts. Watching Anne Dawson do the Perricone hour with one inch grey roots just makes me think that if they really want me to spend £300 on some Neurotic Peptide thing they should have the youngest looking freshest looking peeps flogging it.

(mum writes)

I've had the pleasure of meeting Kara before. I know it doesn't make a lot of difference, but she has been through the mill with illness - the big C. I was talking with her for some time and I certainly couldn't see evidence of injectibles, and I did look. Perhaps it could be the product does work? And AY did have number 11's last night because I actually pointed it out to someone while she was on air. I don't have any authority to say they haven't had anything done, but I don't think they have. Having said that though, whether it works or not, there's no way I could justify spending so much on 30ml of cream. For around £300 I'd expect to be buying something that will last for years!

I agree with the comment about Linda Lusardi. She looks great and doesn't have any ego behind it. A certain diva could take a leaf out of her book.

Agree with the Kudos to Anne Dawson for losing the weight and getting fit. I'm sure it takes quite a lot of determination and I admire anyone who has the commitment to succeed. HOWEVER, why bother with the make-up and nails etc if you're not going to get your roots done. Drives me nuts. Watching Anne Dawson do the Perricone hour with one inch grey roots just makes me think that if they really want me to spend £300 on some Neurotic Peptide thing they should have the youngest looking freshest looking peeps flogging it.

But, and I mean this in no way nasty, using young fresh looking peeps would just perpetuate the myth that skin care does anything apart from add moisture to the skin. Skin care is NOT going to rejuvenate your skin and make you look like 20 something. Do people not agree that actually we need to be a lot more realistic about expectations from skin care?

But, and I mean this in no way nasty, using young fresh looking peeps would just perpetuate the myth that skin care does anything apart from add moisture to the skin. Skin care is NOT going to rejuvenate your skin and make you look like 20 something. Do people not agree that actually we need to be a lot more realistic about expectations from skin care?

I totally agree WildRose.
Ageing is inevitable and speeds up after the menopause. Some people age beautifully, their faces full of character. I remember my Nana's beautiful face, lined but lovely & softened by Ponds cold cream. Unfortunately how you age is down to the gene pool. If jowls are a common trait, bags under your eyes or ring lines around the neck, so be it - there is little you can do about other than resorting to surgery if it bothers you that much. Keeping the skin moisturised does make it look and feel better, but there in no miracle cream out there yet. What you use is surely down to what you can afford or believe helps you.
Using fresh-faced models is not only deceptive, but a waste of the intelligent person's time as far as I'm concerned.

Latest posts

Back