Marcasite Addiction

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sara

Registered Shopper
I seem to have developed a very serious addiction to marcasite (necklaces and bracelets - I don't do rings, cos they would need resizing and don't wear earrings).

I now have umpteen pieces (all very lovely) and yet I seem to still want more ...... why?! :disguise

There is a necklace scheduled for tonight - I have "looked" at it on the website far too many times - have even typed in an auto-bid twice but then not entered it .......... HELP ME ( ...... but it is beautiful) ! :blush

Last edited:
Aww Sara........I also am loving marcasite,have a few pieces myself,3 rings,pendant and earrings....it seems so versatile,vintage yet modern,glam and rock chick....so many ways to wear it,love it,love it,love it!!!:D

I say indulge yourself,especially at the prices you can get and most important of all.......ENJOY wearing it!:)

:) go on you know you want to lol , i must admit i would never have brought marcasite out in the real world ! but now have ring,earrings and necklace and LOVE it .Plus i could think of far worse things to be addicted to !!

I'm the same Sara - I've had a couple of looks at it and then changed my mind thinking I'll make my mind up when I see it live tonight. (although I've put a bid in for the earrings in the 5pm hour) :lol:

I've got a bracelet coming tomorrow that I won along with yourself and Basket Case :D

I think I've got 3 rings, 2 bracelets and a pair of earrings so far - I had never seen marcasite before Rocks.tv but am loving it as much as you seem to be :jump:

Last edited:
Ah, this reminds me very much of my late grandmother. She loved marcasite! It was her favourite. I think if my memory serves, she had a rather nice marcasite watch which I think my mum now has.
Just wanted to say thanks for making me smile. Bless her. If she could see me now.

Sorry, back to topic!

You enjoy treating yourself sara .I have yet to get some of their marcasite,i will have to indulge in some...

You keep buying and we can all admire them.So in effect you are doin us all a favor so please dont stop buying.!!!!:redfaced::funnyfacede:

Hi Sarah,

I have the same addiction as you! I have ALWAYS loved marcasite. When I was growing up, it was not very easy to find, except in one particular jeweller in my town which was very expensive. I particularly like marcasite set with gemstones (especially amethyst), probably because it reminds me of that jeweller's.

If you do start a support group, I'll join!

:lol Thanks everyone - you're all very supportive!

I can also remember when I was young having a marcasite pendant that I loved (no idea what happened to it) - so seeing all the marcasite on Rocks in some beautiful designs has been so tempting!

BSB - my bracelet isn't due until tomorrow either - I asked for the matching necklace the other night but the one they found wasn't it - but Katherine had gone to a lot of trouble - so I bought it anyway! :lol
(I've mailed Sarah about it but she will prob take a while to come back to me)

Just been to look at the necklace again ........ arrrrggghhhh! :disguise

Know where you're all coming from
lol.jpg

Got a pendant, got a ring, now need a pair of pearl and marcasite earrings........
sigh.gif

I may have made a problem for myself if it's so addictive:cool:

I put in a silly low bid on a marcasite ring last night, wasn't expecting to win it for £6 but I did..........

looking forward to seeing it tomorrow!

Hi Everyone, So glad to see that it is not just me who has a marcasite addiction!! Hence why we have such a big range of marcasite at Rocks tv! Me and my bracelets struggle to part with each when I go to bed at night!! Always great to hear your feedback on our pieces you seem to be getting some unbelievable bargains!!

Best Wishes

Sarah:)

:lol Well I got tempted BUT there is a larger auto-bid on it (think Gemnita is the person who people are of the opinion is a "professional" buyer) .....

..... will have to make do with my five necklaces and five bracelets then! :tongue :lol

Ive never seen marcasite in real life, what colour does it look?

All the ones I've got are a silver/grey colour (I'm a silver/white gold/platinum girl) but its the fabulous sparkle that makes me adore marcasite. :biggrin

(Sarah always likens it to a "look" of black diamonds)

Latest posts

Back