How refreshingly honest..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
To see Kathy measure her calf during the Padders hour this morning and state that even if she had been able to pull the boots up they would have been too tight for her.

Her advice – if your calves measure the same or more you will wasting the postage if you buy

Well done girl! :up:

Good on Kathy! Wish I had watched that! I have bigger calves and I struggle so much trying to get boots for winter. Evans used to do a good range of boots for bigger calves but they have reduced the range recently. Its good to see someone being honest about the size and saving us money in the process! Well done Kathy!

me too (thought it was just me) :blush: i've always been really envious of people with skinny legs who can just slide into any old boot without worrying.

I love Kathy's honestly. She regularly says what size she is in clothes and then goes on to say what size she's wearing or would wear in the range she's presenting. To be fair Claire and Debbie F both do that too.

Duo Boots do amazing boots if you need a wider calf fitting but please wait for the sales. I bought my black leather boots last year for £45 and they should have been £125!

The girlie who presents Rockport has problem with her calves and she's brilliant at saying what the boots actually measure but I think she might have very slim calves herself. Knowing exact measurements is essential.

My problem is that I have chubby calves, a high instep and long legs. Finding boots I can get my feet in, will go round my calves AND come up to my knee instead of being half mast is a chuffing nightmare.

I recently bought a pair of rieker ankle boots and I'm very happy with them. I was interested to see that Ideal had a rieker show a couple of days ago. One style in particular (Astrid) looked brilliant for larger calves if you want an everyday boot. I can vouch for the rieker quality - supersoft, very comfortable and nice attention to detail.

To see Kathy measure her calf during the Padders hour this morning and state that even if she had been able to pull the boots up they would have been too tight for her.

Her advice – if your calves measure the same or more you will wasting the postage if you buy

Well done girl! :up:

I bet she was told to say that only because too many people were returning the boots!

yes and AY sometimes says "dont buy this if you dont have dry skin"

that doesnt make up for the other 99% of cobblers she's blurting out. kathy talks the talk just as much as anyone else, she just does it with a bit more charm. thats why she's still employed.

They often say on QVC that a boot is good for larger calves because it has elastic or is big enough to be pulled up on some larger calves, as if that was the whole point. But personally I like a bit of a gap not something that looks like you're busting out of it, so just doing them up wouldn't do!

Latest posts

Back