Sick of hair demonstrations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
I don't care whether it's tongs, hairdryers, brushes - it's all poppycock.

Of course they are going to make marvellous curls, or straighten beautifully or give height on the crown.

They're being used in the hands of professionals for goodness' sakes.

Why don't they get the flippin models to do their own hair for us to see with a washing machine on in the corner, a baby in a high chair, the phone ringing, someone knocking on the door and a husband who can't find a clean shirt?

Indeedy! You can either cope with your own hair or you can't - what you actually use then is immaterial!

That hair thingy brush that used to spin round used to attract me but then I wondered if it would spin in two directions because otherwise on one side of the head you'd end in right old knots.

That hair thingy brush that used to spin round used to attract me but then I wondered if it would spin in two directions because otherwise on one side of the head you'd end in right old knots.

i fell for that - before it was on qvc i spotted it on one of those infommercial type channels. cost a fortune. it's in the back of the cupboard somewhere in the heap.

Whatever thermal, ceramic, turbo changed hairstyle appliance you use, standing waiting for a bus in the rain and wind will achieve one look; that of a drowned rat or is that just me?

Whatever thermal, ceramic, turbo changed hairstyle appliance you use, standing waiting for a bus in the rain and wind will achieve one look; that of a drowned rat or is that just me?

No, not just you, I'm the same.
I also have the ability to wake up with a barnet like Ken Dodd every morning. Himself used to ask if there was something going on in the night that he didn't know about
:sad:
I wish!

I don't care whether it's tongs, hairdryers, brushes - it's all poppycock.

Of course they are going to make marvellous curls, or straighten beautifully or give height on the crown.

They're being used in the hands of professionals for goodness' sakes.

Why don't they get the flippin models to do their own hair for us to see with a washing machine on in the corner, a baby in a high chair, the phone ringing, someone knocking on the door and a husband who can't find a clean shirt?

Totally true, a hairdresser can get your hair to do whatever she/he wants it to do because thats what they have been trained to do! It takes me yonks to do a proper blow dry and the minute I go out its a goner! lol

Well, I just can't blow dry my hair to get anywhere near a decent look, it has a mind of its own which is basically flop, flop and flop. Still, I think I'm of an age now where I can successfully carry off the "Hilda Ogden" look....I've got the rollers, just need to pick up a couple of nice headscarves!! Almost forgot.....I must add a nice wrapover pinny or two to my list!! :tongue:

I think they look quite good and if I didn't already have silly GHD's from QVC {white ones called pure} I would have been very tempted. I thought they looked well made and well thought out.

I am hopeless with my hair but it is very challenging, fine but lots of it with a tendancy to go into sorrowful looking half ringlets in the damp. In the morning I resemble Robert Smith from the Cure when I get up,just need a bit of smudged red lipsitck to complete the look. Can't style my hair to save my life, even when I have managed to blow dry it ok ish it will be waving and flopping around by the time I get to work. Not even a ton of hairspray can control it so I have bascially given up!! It is a nice colour tho naturally dark brown with red tones. I have wasted a lot of money on styling thingies and think that actually you need to be trained hair dresser to get those sorts of results.

Totally agree!!that spinning hair thing they rave about, a girl I worked with had one, which she bought in argos 5 years ago.. I caught a before and after last night during the first tsv presentation. I thought the model ( lady in a mustard top) looked far worse after. velcro rollers are my best friend, can't be arsed with anything else.

I've got one of those wand things - not the full on Yogi one, a babyliss one from Comet that was twenty squids - anyway bought it, had a go once, not too thrilled with the large burn on my neck from where I'd got my arms in a knot. Second time I did it before a night out, had to go and wash my hair and start again before I could go out. I looked like Crystal Tipps off Crystal Tipps and Alistair (apart from my hair not being purple, of course...:emo:)
Won't be bothering again I don't think.

My hair gets ravelled up in velcro. I use the old fashioned sponge ones to control my frizz prone, but not rolled up too tight cos that makes mine look like a Twinky perm! The less I do the better.

My hair gets ravelled up in velcro. I use the old fashioned sponge ones to control my frizz prone, but not rolled up too tight cos that makes mine look like a Twinky perm! The less I do the better.

gosh - i thought it was me being hopeless. i put velcro rollers in once (long hair) and thought i was never gonna get them out!

my hair is at it's best when short - I have velcro rollers, straighteners, and curling tongs, any of which I use as it gets longer to cure the flops, along with a root-boosting product - flat hair does not suit me one bit unfortunately - but you don't need to spend a fortune to get something that will help!

(mum writes)

I think there have been far too many hair products of late. Even the Ken Paves pieces I think look false and you can spot them a mile off when you see them. As others have said here, simple products and accessories are usually far better if you don't happen to be trained stylist. Although I won't let a hairdresser near my mop as they always ruin it - too many experiences of bad cuts and odd colours. I still back-comb which gives me the lift I need. It looks natural with a small application of spray and I always get compliments on it, so it can't be too bad :)

I am hopeless with my hair but it is very challenging, fine but lots of it with a tendancy to go into sorrowful looking half ringlets in the damp. In the morning I resemble Robert Smith from the Cure when I get up,just need a bit of smudged red lipsitck to complete the look. Can't style my hair to save my life, even when I have managed to blow dry it ok ish it will be waving and flopping around by the time I get to work. Not even a ton of hairspray can control it so I have bascially given up!! It is a nice colour tho naturally dark brown with red tones. I have wasted a lot of money on styling thingies and think that actually you need to be trained hair dresser to get those sorts of results.

We could be twins!

To be honest, with my thick hair I get so fed up of it on my neck anyway that I just put it up in a Stylee very often. Yes, I know they were the ones off Ideal World and I'm on the QVC thread but they work very well. I didn't buy them from Ideal World though, I got them on Ebay.

Latest posts

Back