ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
£5.99 + £1.84 (inc. VAT@20%) = £7.83 in extra charges

£6.99 + £1.84 (inc. VAT@20%) = £8.83 in extra charges

£7.99 + £1.84 (inc. VAT@20%) = £9.83 in extra charges

£9.99 + £1.84 (inc. VAT@20%) = £11.83 in extra charges

Expensive before you have even bought anything!

And of course they never mention these extra charges on the channels. Too bad for the visually impaired or blind if they ring up to grab a "megadrop" bargain (usually tat). They will get stung for the extra charges without realising it.

Why add 20% onto the call? Mine only costs me £1.26 to start with!

Megadrops tat?! Say that about th £10 deal on a 32" tv or the Sony Vaio pc (on amazon for £1050) for £10. Tat?! I wouldn't turn my nose up at it! - Also, the CS will tell you about the P&P when ringing back, so it isn't like they are completely oblivious!

Why add 20% onto the call? Mine only costs me £1.26 to start with!

Megadrops tat?! Say that about th £10 deal on a 32" tv or the Sony Vaio pc (on amazon for £1050) for £10. Tat?! I wouldn't turn my nose up at it! - Also, the CS will tell you about the P&P when ringing back, so it isn't like they are completely oblivious!

The exception, rather than the rule though Benny.

And to be "reminded" of the additional costs AFTER the decision to buy is a tad late :thinking:

The exception, rather than the rule though Benny.

And to be "reminded" of the additional costs AFTER the decision to buy is a tad late :thinking:

If you look at my post, you will see that I wasn't justifying the P&P what so ever, I was just stating that the megadrops and megadeals aren't tat!

If you got the sony vaio for £10 (on amazon for £1050) and bid said 'Oh, but you have to pay £8.99 P&P' would you then say you don't want it?

I've got a 22" tv, 2 touch screen phones, underwater camcorder in megadrops, and even with the P&P they are great :)

You must watch a LOT of Bid telly to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff :nod:

Why are you getting irate at people stating Bid sell tat? They're a "discount shopping channel" that gets SOME of their stock from overstocks/businesses going under etc; I would imagine THOSE items are the decent ones. The stuff that keeps coming back again and again don't exactly look great. Unfortunately, most of Bid's stuff IS tat.

You must watch a LOT of Bid telly to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff :nod:

Why are you getting irate at people stating Bid sell tat? They're a "discount shopping channel" that gets SOME of their stock from overstocks/businesses going under etc; I would imagine THOSE items are the decent ones. The stuff that keeps coming back again and again don't exactly look great. Unfortunately, most of Bid's stuff IS tat.

I agree! Much of what the Sit Up Network sell is definitely tat!

I agree that there are some tacky things on the channel, but it's all down to personal taste.

QVC aim at the high end market, Ideal World aim in between, and bid are the discount shop.

I'm not sure if you have a QD store near you (just a bargain shop), and they have some great bargains, but also lots of tat. Bid don't want to start selling high end items, as prices can't be as low.

QVC may sell a sony tv.....bid tv then sell a Akura TV. They both show a picture, one may be a better name, but they both show a picture.

I don't mind if people say items are tat, as we all have our own opinions, but just when he said about megadrops being tat, I did want to back bid tv up, as I have had some amazing items for £1. :)

QVC are "high end"? REALLY? In what universe did THAT happen? :taphead:

Yes, there is the OCCASIONAL decent buy on Bid, and an even rarer exceptional one. This is purely my own opinion, based on my own homework using t'interweb and by judging the quality of items by unknown manufacturers going by what I see on screen.

But you KNOW when Bid is selling tat when it goes into superlative overdrive and gives you absolutely no information on the item for sale; if the presenter falls over themselves to tell you in depth information about what the product does or how it's made then it's probably a decent product.

So, watch any of the Bid channels and see just how many items get the hard sell compared to those that are allowed to sell themselves because they're truly quality products. Then you'll understand why, IMO of course, I say that Bid primarily sells tat.

Latest posts

Back