Warehouse training.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I'm curious, do you suppose QVC give any training to their warehouse staff or do they specifically employ only people lacking in common sense? I love the ABC tea tree oil and use it all the time. When I went to reorder I discovered that they have a 100ml bottle, so I decided to plump for that. It arrived this morning. Or rather, some of it did. Royal Mail wrapped the package up in about 6 plastic bags but that had done little to contain the oil. The delivery driver did say that it had made her van smell rather pleasant though. It also ruined two other parcels that have arrived with it. When I got into the protective bags, it turns out that the bottle had been completely crushed - it looks as thought it has been trodden on. Further investigation reveals that this glass bottle containing liquid has simply been put into a small white jiffy bag. No bubble wrap, no other protection whatsoever. If you were working in a packing centre, wouldn't your common sense tingle and you'd pack that into something a little tougher? And yet a small eye cream from Decleor will arrive in a box big enough to house an 'occupy' protester!

However, must give credit to CS as a replacement order was placed right away when I phoned. I just hope this one is packed a little more sensibly.

It could be that the pickers and packers are given a set way of wrapping items up and aren't allowed to use a bit of common sense. A bit like when I did telephone market research, obey to the ridiculous or get a bolloc-ing

Warehouse problems

I wondered if anyone else has had problems with stock. In the past few weeks I have received wrong size of shoes, wrong colour of boots and yesterday I received my Buckley poppy brooch with a broken catch. I have also received a child's plastic bracelet instead of a Lola Rose one! All very strange. When I phoned I was told the poppy brooch was no longer in stock (although every damn presenter is wearing one) and that if it came back in I would get another one. Big deal. I was also told I had a £5 credit note on my account for the distress I must have suffered! When I asked the operator what she was talking about she said "well I'll take it off if you don't want it" I am seriously thinking about not ordering anything else.

Yes, I recieved a diamond ring with 3 diamonds missing!! I don't think they check items.

Latest posts

Back