Extra wildlife in our parcels

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
Something occurred to me today what with the talk of dirty workshops in the Far East and all.

I wonder if it could be possible for spiders and the like to find their way into our garments/Slankets etc

Can you imagine lifting a Slanket or throw out of the packaging only to find a massive hairy thing scurrying under your settee!!

Don't know that I want to order anything anymore.

Thanks for this ladies - I have just now put my new slanket on the floor and stamped all over it.!!!!!!!!!!!! Just in case, lol

just remember: the spider is much more intimidated by you as you are very very very very big compared to him lol

That ****** great spider in my hall isn't intimidated by me in the least. It eyeballs me and waves a couple of legs at me as I go past. Not sure where it came from but I know where it'll be going if it doesn't hop it of it's own accord in the next day or two ... out the chuffing window!!

You can get them in bananas as well.

Quite right Strato. My parents used to have a fruit and veg shop and if I was in there I'd cack myself if I had to open a banana box. Thankfully the only one I ever saw was dead. Big bugger though....

Totally random but I'd never realised how satisfying is it to type the word banana.
Banana banana banana banana banana..
:giggle:

my mum used to work in a fruit and veg shop and she always told me - NEVER rummage in a box of bananas, always take from the top. as an arachnophobe, i've never forgotten that. but...but...but....does that mean the darn things run out of thebox.....round asda........up the road.........eeeekkkkkk!!!!! and tinkerbelle's right - they do eyeball you.....shudder.........

I was in Aldi the other week and saw a spider the size of a Skegness donkey scuttling under the fruit racks...help! I'm always very careful with 'nanas too..!

My mum is an extreme arachnophobe and any incoming parcels have to be opened out on the balcony just in case! Luckily, I've never come across anything, living or dead, that was unexpected. Mum once saw a monster spider in the 'nanas at Asda but the staff didn't seem to care. I'm sure they would if someone got bitten! It was big enough to take an arm or head :O It went off and hid in the fruit.

I'm just going to relate a story and then I'm going, never to return (to this thread) as I HATE spiders. Absolutely terrified of them. A few months ago my
youngest son (21) came downstairs and said there was a big spider on his brothers bedroom ceiling. I started to go upstairs and glanced into
the room through the bannister. I am not kidding here, no word of a lie this spider was so big I could see it's eyes!!!!!!!!!! I turned and ran downstairs and
grabbed the vacuum. Got back up to the room and told both boys not to take their eyes off it, while I got the hoover ready. I held the pipe over the spider
and fortunately down it went - with a thump - I might add. The cleaner spent the night in the garden, just in case it climbed out again. To be honest I
think it had been some ones pet and escaped - it was very much like a tarantula.
Did I tell you I am so scared of spiders!!!!!!! Mind you I don't like cockroaches either - or beetles - or wasps - or bees - or earwigs - or ants - or flies - do you think I have a problem.

That's why I stick to chocolate. Never seen a huge hairy spider scuttling out of a bar of Dairy Milk! (Yet) *gulp*:sad::sweat:

Years ago my mum use to line the pantry shelves with old wallpaper that she use to keep in the outhouse. Well as a child I thought it would be funny to make her jump. While she was standing on the stool stretching up to line the top shelves with the cut pieces of paper. I crept up behind her, picked up one of the used rolls, I had a great inhale of breath ready to blow through the tube like a mighty trumpet fanfare to make her jump. But to my great horror as I hovered my mouth over the tube and took the inhale of breath, I saw a huge curled up spider shoot out the end of the tube, straight in my mouth and down my throat. The thought of it imediatly made me wretch and heave, until tears came down my face :puke:. I couldn't tell my mum what had happened without starting to heave again. About 30 minutes later I finally calmed down and explained to my mum what had happened she did no more than look down the tube and say "Well it was defenaitly a spider you swallowed". I said "Why?" and she replied "Well there is an half eaten web and a couple of legs left in here". With that I started heaving all over again.
Before all this I was quite happy to pick spiders up and put them out in the garden. It's took me years to be comfortable sitting in the same room as one, but I cant touch them any more, and I literally squirm if I see a shrivelled up dead one.

Jean G

Picture this
There we are, sat on a balcony in Portugal, enjoying breakfast when Himself spots something very large with a hard shell and long feelers ambling near my foot.
What does the hero of the hour do?
He runs into the apartment and not only shuts the balcony door behind him, but LOCKS it too (they are very clever this Portuguese bugs you know. They can open doors).
So, there I stand with a 5 month old baby, watched by a shivering mess the other side of the glass.
What to do?
Open a bread roll, pick up the bug and toss it over the balcony.
That was 25 years ago,
I never bear grudges.

Spiders can be caught very easily you know - piece of card, a large glass.
They can look very attractive displayed thus on top of Himself's laptop.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that wallpaper story's gonna give me nightmares......................

Spiders don't bother me at all. We used to get some whacking great ones in our garden and house in Australia, grass snakes too. Now - it would be a different story if it was little things with long tails and worse still, bigger things with long tails, they totally freak me out.

Latest posts

Back