Sit Up Channel appalling donations to The Royal British Legion charity

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
I was comparing the differences between Sit Up Channels and Ideal World on their charity merchandise for the Royal British Legion.

Ideal World clearly states on their special page that 10% of net sales of their poppy products are going to the charity.

Sit-up Channel's RBL charity watch goods, each at £15, are donating a pathetic 50p per watch (3.3%) to the Royal British Legion. When you add the £5.99 p&p and the £1.52 premium rate phone call charge, that's an even worse 2.2%. This 50p is stated at the bottom of the item description details.

I am not particularly impressed by Ideal World's contribution, but the Sit Up Channel's donation is disgusting and derisory, in my opinion. It makes Peter Simon's eulogies when these items come up for sale appear very cynical indeed. I think it is disgraceful that he is associating the deaths of our brave soldiers with these wretched watches. Does Mr Simon not realise what he is doing? Is he that ignorant? Or does he not even care, despite his emotive monologues? I think it is a disgrace that the Sit Up Network is cynically exploiting the Royal British Legion charity so they can profit to the tune of 97.8% from this merchandise.

I do think there needs to be some regulation concerning the endorsement of charities on the shopping channels. If they are giving to charity through the sales of merchandise, there should be a minimum percentage set for them to be allowed to do so.

What do you think? Are the shopping channels giving enough? Or are they exploiting charities to fill their own corporate pockets?!

At last! One thing I do agree with. It makes you think they do it ust to increase their sales. - I think it should be that all PROFITS go to charity, so bid are doing their fair share....I bet they wouldn't bother then!

@bidtv a rival channel is dating far more with their Poppy appeal items, (10%) how about you beat them or at least match them? PJ

Sent that tweet to them, will report back what they say.

PJ

Latest posts

Back