Is QVC's quality control slipping?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

blarf

Registered Shopper
In the past few months I've received:
1) a Gabby Skye dress with an oily belt so that when I tried it on it left a greasy belt shaped mark that wouldn't wash out, the replacement I got had the same mark on it.
2) the Slanket TSV with tea-like marks all over it (washed out thankfully)
3) EMU boots that had clearly been returned (box was taped up) and when I opened it the tags had been cut off and the insoles were missing.

My Mum ordered a blue moon honora necklace which wasn't in the pouch when it arrived, the replacement they eventually sent out (after treating her like a crook) wasn't properly died (the pits in the ring pearls were white).

These had better not be adding up as customer returns because they've only once to send me "THE LETTER" and they've had it.

Has anyone else noticed slipping standards?

Keep a note of the reasons fautly returns have been sent back then if you get "the letter" you can challenge their calculation of the % returned; faulty, incorrect or missing items shouldn't count as returns under their 30day MBG; they're returned under your statutory rights which are entirely different. QVC don't seem very careful about how they record returns or cancelled items. They've cancelled 3 of my orders in the past month but they show on my a/c as "customer cancelled"

I'm sure you're a long way off getting "the letter" but I like to be able to quote actual examples to support my argument if I ever have to argue the toss.

Blummin shoddy examples there blarf!

Jude xx

Yes, i've had two bad examples recently.
A Honora necklace that had been out of stock but I ordered when it seemed it had come back in. It was obviously a return as it was not in the pouch but loose in a clear plastic bag that was crumpled & dirty on the inside. there was no Honora tag & the pearls themselves were all smeared with what looked like foundation or dried face cream & some of the silk in between was clogged with the same.
Was on the phone sharpish to complain & eventually got a returns label.

Next was a Laura Geller kit that was also a return from the way the box had been re-taped up.

That is disgusting, it really puts me off buying. I think they should give compensation or vouchers because that is traumatic!

Recently I rang Customer Services about something else but we ending up discussing whether there should be a box to tick on the returns slip as to whether something has been opened or can be resold. I know they would need to check anyway but I think it would help. The CS guy said that with clothes they go by whether the labels are still on, obviously that hasn't been totally working! Aswell as quality control reasons, they should also not count things that are unopened/unworn towards your returns re. 'the letter' (imo!), because I guess they only have that limit for your returns because of the 30 day mbg and if something hasn't been opened, you haven't really used that. You've just done what you do with other mail order companies that don't have a return limit.

As I opened the boots yesterday I noticed the tape and joked to my OH that I bet the labels have been cut off (cos clearly whoever received them back in the warehouse hadn't checked what was returned). Bad enough that they only sent the shoe box out in a plastic bag so all the corners of the box were bashed in - what if it'd been a gift? No way could I have given it in that state! Clearly the guys in returns are not checking everything. (That foundation story is minging BTW!)

That is disgusting, it really puts me off buying. I think they should give compensation or vouchers because that is traumatic!

Recently I rang Customer Services about something else but we ending up discussing whether there should be a box to tick on the returns slip as to whether something has been opened or can be resold. I know they would need to check anyway but I think it would help. The CS guy said that with clothes they go by whether the labels are still on, obviously that hasn't been totally working! Aswell as quality control reasons, they should also not count things that are unopened/unworn towards your returns re. 'the letter' (imo!), because I guess they only have that limit for your returns because of the 30 day mbg and if something hasn't been opened, you haven't really used that. You've just done what you do with other mail order companies that don't have a return limit.

are they really naieve enough to think clothing hasn't been worn if the label isn't cut out?? good grief, people have been wearing m&s stuff with labels in ready to return for as long as can remember!

Are QVC's quality control standards slipping? Judging by the presenters they've employed from Craig "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" Rowe to the latest crop of personality-free zones, I'd say yes :nod:

Standards? Do they have any at all?

I have a very long list of things that have arrived with bits missing, opened, broken, used, incorrect etc. They've been mentioned elsewhere on the forum, so I'll spare you all again, but I'm less than impressed. I still wonder how the "UK's best shopping channel" continue to get away with it.

Latest posts

Back