The Vault

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£1 MEGADROP1

Registered Shopper
They are doing The Vault tonight on bid where each Jewellery item will sell for less than the previous 1, The assistant gets to choose the order so get ready for 3 hours of lies of how she's picked the wrong piece and higher priced items that have been left have to be sold off at a loss

They must think we are stupid to think the assistant is the 1 who chooses the order of the produucts

I like the randomness of the products so 3 hours of the same thing is boring television I won't be watching

On the first product and Peter Simon is off at how low its gone how predictable, I do like Peter Simon by the way but the constant lies, How do they get away with it?

The assistant is playing her part perfectly saying how she wants to leave more expensive ones for longer so we get them cheaper and that she's in trouble already

Last edited:
Watched for about 5 minutes - some 'gold finish' snake bracelet which looked like it might have fallen out of a slightly-better-than-average Christmas Cracker - the silly old fool reckoned it was worth £300! Had to turn it off - the girl was driving me mad.

How do they get away with telling so many lies?

This sort of patter is worthy of a watch stall on Walthamstow Market. :sleepy:

How do they get away with telling so many lies?

This sort of patter is worthy of a watch stall on Walthamstow Market. :sleepy:

Don't be daft Greg! Peter Simon wouldn't last 5 minutes with the pros. He'd have his suitcase full of tat pinched and sold back to him at a profit before he'd open his mouth

Did anyone catch the name of the assistant with Peter last night? Sadly, I missed his introduction so didn't catch her name. First time I have ever seen her, and hope that I never see her again as I found her completely unbearable.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who couldn't stand her inane wittering. Her and PS were like a third-rate panto act. Would rather have the dulcet-toned Marina - which is saying something!

Well this makes me feel like I need to get out more but I had the bid website on at the same time as this so called avalanche and while the assistant was trying to decide what piece to start with the diamond(?) ring was already showing as being the item auctioned. The picture was there before she had decided what to pick.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who couldn't stand her inane wittering. Her and PS were like a third-rate panto act. Would rather have the dulcet-toned Marina - which is saying something!

Oh don't be mean about Marina she is my favourite! (and the best on there in my opinion, always makes us laugh!) The girl who was on in her place last night was called Helen, haven't seen her before she must be new ;)

The assistant was called Helen and she played her part perfectly, I watched 30 minutes of it to see if what id said in the original post would be correct and on the first item Peter Simon was going on at how low they had gone already

I kept switching back during the adverts of other programmes and she would always um and arr as to what to pick and Peter Simon was going well we still have diamonds, gold, oh no I want to save that until later so they get a better deal

Then as predicted from past experience of watching the channels on and off for 6 years she left what we are expected to believe were more expensive products until later and then she was saying about getting into trouble and of course they were both constantly going on at how low it had gone and we still have x products to go oh my goodness we will be shut by 10pm

1 time Helen pointed to a bracelet and said you get the necklace too and Peter Simon corrected her and said nooooooooooo they are seperate items, What would you know part of the way into the sale later on Helen notices the description is for both and thats Peter's cue to start going well done at ome, good luck if you get it, We were told they were seperate items

Another time Helen was trying to decide what to do next and she goes Ohhhhhhhhh havent we done this watch yet so Peter says Noooooo its Slazenger and then shes like :O oh no as if its the best watch in the world and should have been done a long time ago

I don't know how they get away with telling so many lies, As if they are going to let an assistant go owwwwwwwwwww I like this 1 so lets do it, Then Peter goes but weve still got diamonds, gold, Oh I don't know maybe I should do this 1 I will get into trouble no no its up to you

Apologies for the long reply, Hopefully someone will find it useful :p

It's back again tonight but this time it's called The Vault - what's in the box avalanche special, They have 4 items inside boxes which Marina is leaving longer because she thinks they will be more expensive proudcts

Credit where its due in box number 3 was a gold 1:15ct diamond bracelet which sold for £64 and pennies

I know virtually nothing about jewellery but suspect that the odd bargain might be available if it happens to be an 'unpopular' style which wouldn't be cost effective to return to the supplier/melt down and reuse the gold and jewels whilst maintaining a decent profit margin.

I know virtually nothing about jewellery but suspect that the odd bargain might be available if it happens to be an 'unpopular' style which wouldn't be cost effective to return to the supplier/melt down and reuse the gold and jewels whilst maintaining a decent profit margin.

It was probably just a good product thrown in like some of the £10 christmas megadeals

box number 3 was a gold 1:15ct diamond bracelet which sold for £64:66

Christian Lars watch was in box 2 and sold for £22.95 which is just over 1/3 of the price on the current web exclusive at £59.99

The tanzanite earrings in box 4 only had a start price of £40 and sold for £22.88 so not a very good buy there

Finally in box 1 was an avi-8 watch for £12.68....start price of £35 @ £24.99 here http://store.bid.tv/bidtv/AV1-8-Men...with-Dual-Time/WB120289/ProductDetail.raction

Also it was funny how Marina chose products starting at £35-£45 as the last few so at £12 is probably about right fancy that :grin:

I think the most insincere at this is James Russell: 'OHHHH are you sure we should sell at this price... hello has there been a mistake, well this has really shocked me' etc etc

The prat expects us to believe that he has no idea what the closing price should be! We call him the boomarang in this house. he leaves and we put the flags out, but he always comes back.

It's a shame the jewellery avalanche isn't done on location in front of Mount Everest. Then I'd shout 'avalanche' through a mega-phone. James Russell would then turn into a snowman :giggle: Frozen in time, defrosting in the year 3000AD.

It's a shame the jewellery avalanche isn't done on location in front of Mount Everest. Then I'd shout 'avalanche' through a mega-phone. James Russell would then turn into a snowman :giggle: Frozen in time, defrosting in the year 3000AD.

Why do you want to punish the future generations so harshly?
Isn't it enough that they'll have to deal with recycling all the plastic rubbish sold on Bid? :grin:

Latest posts

Back