In the Kitchen Featuring Morphy Richards TSV Mon 21st Nov

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am not a Morphy Richards fan :sad:

I thought they made really good products and have a good brand name but a few years ago we bought a MR kettle for the office which was not cheap. It wouldn't pour properly - the water went everywhere except in the cup. You would have thought that was a simple design issue to get right on a kettle.

This year I needed a new toaster and bought a lovely MR four slice one again not cheap - it is the slowest toaster in the world - it takes over 10 mins to just get the bread lightly browned. If you look down into the toaster the elements do not actually get hot enough to become red. I am in the process of looking for a new one and this is less than a year old :sad:

I know it isn't always directly accurate but the picture in my November email newsletter for this TSV is of a coffee maker. Not a coffee drinker so this one's crossed off for me!

Morning folks, and I am sorry for this rather shameless bump

Does anybody have anymore information on Monday's TSV??

My coffee maker has literally just died on me.........and you won't like me without caffeine lol

TSV is Morphy Richards Barista Ellipta Auto Pump Coffee Machine for approx £110.00

Buy a Phillips Senseo coffee machine. They cost about £60 (or get down to your local car boot sale and pick up a pristine second hand one for £3 - I kid you not - we have 2 in the house bought from car boot sales) and buy the Senseo coffee pods either from the supermarket or online (cheaper). Best coffee I've ever tasted. Got rid of the cafetiere and the second hand Tassimo (another car boot sale bargain for £7 - used once and RRP £119). I wouldn't bother with Morphy Richards. Crap brand if you don't mind me saying.

Do you prefer the Senseo to the Tassimo then Flamenco? I've a Tass that I use quite a lot but I do find the pods expensive and I see you can buy a refillable thingy for the Senseo that you can fill with your own coffee.

(PS - How do you manage to use two of them??!!!)

Oh Art Deco you seem to be getting very domesticated of late!!

I had a Morphy Richards Electric blanket and it packed in. Huge panic ensued as I had bought it greatly reduced in House of Fraser sale and had also lost the receipt. Plus cannot survive without an electric blanket in the winter. Phoned their customer service and they were brilliant, they couried me out a new much posher blanket that very day and I was most impressed.

Do you prefer the Senseo to the Tassimo then Flamenco? I've a Tass that I use quite a lot but I do find the pods expensive and I see you can buy a refillable thingy for the Senseo that you can fill with your own coffee.

(PS - How do you manage to use two of them??!!!)

Yes, much prefer the Senseo to the Tassimo and the pods are cheaper and recyclable in the brown bin as the pods are paper based. Coffee was nice from the Tassimo but nowhere near as flavoursome as the Senseo pods. I also think the Tassimo pods have become pricier and pricier over the last few months. On the question about using 2 Senseo's, well, we have one downstairs in the kitchen and the other upstairs in hubby's office which he uses when he works. It also doubles up as a spare if the downstairs one conks out in the future. They are sooooo easy to pick up at car boot sales - you'll be amazed how many people get them as presents, use them one and can't be bothered or don't want to spend £££s on pods. I rarely pay more than £3 for one and have kitted a few friends out with car boot ones too. I just give them a complete clean inside and out with a trust toothbrush and some bleach spray and they're good to go! Its a great way to pick one up cheaply esp when you'll be buying the pods which aren't the cheapest way to drink coffee. But the coffee is worth it. Tastes like good proper coffee. I make my own gingerbread syrup to make gingerbread lattes with the Senseo - saves a fortune from going to Starbucks and the like for one!

Yes, much prefer the Senseo to the Tassimo and the pods are cheaper and recyclable in the brown bin as the pods are paper based. Coffee was nice from the Tassimo but nowhere near as flavoursome as the Senseo pods. I also think the Tassimo pods have become pricier and pricier over the last few months. On the question about using 2 Senseo's, well, we have one downstairs in the kitchen and the other upstairs in hubby's office which he uses when he works. It also doubles up as a spare if the downstairs one conks out in the future. They are sooooo easy to pick up at car boot sales - you'll be amazed how many people get them as presents, use them one and can't be bothered or don't want to spend £££s on pods. I rarely pay more than £3 for one and have kitted a few friends out with car boot ones too. I just give them a complete clean inside and out with a trust toothbrush and some bleach spray and they're good to go! Its a great way to pick one up cheaply esp when you'll be buying the pods which aren't the cheapest way to drink coffee. But the coffee is worth it. Tastes like good p.roper coffee. I make my own gingerbread syrup to make gingerbread lattes with the Senseo - saves a fortune from going to Starbucks and the like for one!
I noticed the rise in price of the tassimo pods. I haven't used my machine in well over a year. I drink instant carte noire and nescafe espresso which I enjoy extremely strong and, although it's not cheap, it is a lot more economical and flavoursome than the tassimo pods.

Oh Art Deco you seem to be getting very domesticated of late!!

I know it's alarming :confused:. I bought three items from a single Home Baking Heaven show last week :tongue: - rolling pin, silicone bakeware, and oven gloves. Mind you I'm getting my money's worth out of them, especially as the rolling pin has proved itself to be a useful tool for poking ones Civil Partner between the shoulder blades when they don't appreciate your cooking :rock:. Thankfully I can't bear coffee so my credit card is breathing a sigh of relief at this TSV :giggle:

Mmm I quite like the look of this as I love my coffees but I dont know honestly, hand on heart, if I would get the use out of it. If I'm honest I'm way too lazy to be bothered every morning and I think that the lovely peeps at Costa do a very good job already making me coffee! lol There you go just talked myself out of it! lol

I never drank coffee until I started work, and then I went straight in to the strong stuff! Boyfriend at the time couldn't bear instant, so we always had filter of cafetiere (the days before fancy machines!). I worked in California for a year and got 'hooked' - Starbucks was only just beginning to get a foothold then and there were loads of superb, independent places. Luckily my OH shares my love of coffee and we bought ourselves a KitchenAid machine a couple of years ago. It has 2 boilers, one for water and one to heat and froth the milk, so cappuccinos are a doddle. It was pricey, but we use it nearly every day and it's built like the proverbial brick wotsit.

However, nothing beats sipping your coffee in a Roman piazza, watching the world go by :coffee: sigh.....

I know it's alarming :confused:. I bought three items from a single Home Baking Heaven show last week :tongue: - rolling pin, silicone bakeware, and oven gloves. Mind you I'm getting my money's worth out of them, especially as the rolling pin has proved itself to be a useful tool for poking ones Civil Partner between the shoulder blades when they don't appreciate your cooking :rock:. Thankfully I can't bear coffee so my credit card is breathing a sigh of relief at this TSV :giggle:

Glad you clarified on the shoulder blades there AD!

Nespresso all the way for me. not the cheapest machines or pods but excellent coffee. I had a prope gaggia once but all that faffing with loose coffee was a nightmare. Leave that to your fave coffee shop and for home get a machine that uses pods.

Latest posts

Back