Christine Sgagen

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
As you can imagine as I have entitled the thread with someone's name once more - she gives me the Irrits big time.

It is the way she sits like she has a rod up her back but more than anything the way she goes on endlessly about Skagen being a place where two oceans meet. They do not. It is two sea that meet not two flamin oceans. At least get your basic geography right before you open your mouth on national television.

I think she has new teeth, or had them whitened. They do look nice and she is constantly smiling, she must be very pleased with them. Did she annoy you when she wore big hats doing the Egoli shows?

It makes you wonder how many of thes presenters are just paid randomly to front a brand and in fact they have no connection at all with the company they represent.

I know a lot of other Guest Presenters move from one thing to another but I always thought that Christine actually worked for Skagen. Really don't why but that's the impression I got when she first appeared because she did seem extremely knowledgeable about the brand. Added to that I'm sure I detected an accent although that didn't seem as pronounced today.

I think she has new teeth, or had them whitened. They do look nice and she is constantly smiling, she must be very pleased with them. Did she annoy you when she wore big hats doing the Egoli shows?

blimey, I thought she looked familiar. Wasn't her accent more south african than english back then ? The way she talks about Skagen as "we" I assumed she owned the company. I'm so naive !

Linda xx

As you can imagine as I have entitled the thread with someone's name once more - she gives me the Irrits big time.

It is the way she sits like she has a rod up her back but more than anything the way she goes on endlessly about Skagen being a place where two oceans meet. They do not. It is two sea that meet not two flamin oceans. At least get your basic geography right before you open your mouth on national television.

The Earth is covered by 70 % ocean. Norther Sea and Baltic Sea are only geographic references, they are also considered to be oaceans as the term sea is misleading and they are not landlocked, so technically she is correct calling them oceans. The North Sea, Baltic and the Irish Sea are all considered to be part of the Atlantic Oceans.
Two bodies of water do meet there (Baltic and North Sea), and it is quiet a sight to see

Last edited:
I didn't realise it was the same person. I assumed from the accent that she was Danish. She certainly sounds like the Danish people I know (who all speak beautiful English with only a trace of an accent).

I don't remember Christine doing Egoli :wonder: I recall a rather quiet girl with short dark hair and a strong SA accent. It was quite a nice range of jewellery featuring a lot of elephants :grin: and very expensive.

I don't remember Christine from Egoli at all! (Another sign of old age BL!) I like her anyway and I too assumed she was Scandinavian - I think she does a good job whether or not she actually works for Skagen, and I actually like the way she sits up straight rather than slouching, like I'm always telling DD not to do!

The Earth is covered by 70 % ocean. Norther Sea and Baltic Sea are only geographic references, they are also considered to be oaceans as the term sea is misleading and they are not landlocked, so technically she is correct calling them oceans. The North Sea, Baltic and the Irish Sea are all considered to be part of the Atlantic Oceans.
Two bodies of water do meet there (Baltic and North Sea), and it is quiet a sight to see

Now I know cock all about geography (my old geography Teacher Mr Stansfield will no doubt concur...) so I'm just going off the info you've given us and what I've looked up, but firstly I don't understand how the North Sea and the Baltic can be oceans if they are both part of the Atlantic, and also if its the Baltic and the North Sea that meet at Skagenland wherever that is (Denmark?), and both are part of the Atlantic, then that's not two oceans meeting, its two parts of the SAME ocean???? :wonder: :confused:

According to my encylopaedia the Baltic is actually an inland sea which flows firstly through a couple of other seas (with mad Scandinavian names - Skaggerat and Kattegat or something), to the North Sea and then the Atlantic. Its these two bits of sea (Skaggywotsit and Kattywotsit) that meet at Skagen. None of which suggests to me "two oceans meeting", surely it's two seas?.

Last edited:
Yes, the 'two oceans' thing always annoys me too. However, I think the habit starts with the Americans, who talk about 'the ocean' because that's actually what they've got - Pacific on one side and Atlantic on the other. So they tend to refer to any large saltwater body as 'ocean', and the practice has got into people's vocabulary.

Christine is Danish, which seem to make her an appropriate representative for the brand?

When one of the owners does a voice over sometimes, they actually refer to them as "two seas" as well. I have sailed through them, in fact I probably passed this Skagen place myself.

I don't ever recall Christine doing Egoli gold. The woman who did that was very South African and used to say "absolutely" every third word. I remember that well because it used to drive me up the wall!

Now I know cock all about geography (my old geography Teacher Mr Stansfield will no doubt concur...) so I'm just going off the info you've given us and what I've looked up, but firstly I don't understand how the North Sea and the Baltic can be oceans if they are both part of the Atlantic, and also if its the Baltic and the North Sea that meet at Skagenland wherever that is (Denmark?), and both are part of the Atlantic, then that's not two oceans meeting, its two parts of the SAME ocean???? :wonder: :confused:

According to my encylopaedia the Baltic is actually an inland sea which flows firstly through a couple of other seas (with mad Scandinavian names - Skaggerat and Kattegat or something), to the North Sea and then the Atlantic. Its these two bits of sea (Skaggywotsit and Kattywotsit) that meet at Skagen. None of which suggests to me "two oceans meeting", surely it's two seas?.

No I explained that really badly. The Baltic and North Sea and Irish Sea are called this as a geographical distinction
but they are part of the Atlantic Ocean - bit like Kent is a geographic location but its also in England/Great Britain

The Baltic and the North Sea come together at Skagen from 2 different directions so to speak and it looks fab, technically calling it two oceans coming together is wrong as they are both part of the Atlantic.
Calling an item a sea in geographic terms usually means a landlocked body of water (then separated into salt- or fresh water seas) so calling North Sea and Baltic Sea is a left-over from history but geographically incorrect
not sure this is any better explained my brain seems to have gone south today

Latest posts

Back