Bid - you are so full of bs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
Just switched on to Bid and James whatsisname and the gushy girl (not quite so gushy tonight) who's picking what to sell next, are pretending that the prices are going lower than they should be..... but it's so full of bs. I can hear a woman very faintly talking - presumably the microphone is picking up his earpiece - then James repeating what she is saying.

Sometimes it is obvious that scripts are being used. Peter Simon with his long ridiculous eulogies on the Royal British Legion products (you know, the 50p donation ones) are scripted. I'm sure it is used a lot generally on the shopping channels.

But what makes my skin crawl is when the presenters and assistants are pretending that something has gone wrong with the pricing or the telephones (which James has just been making a big deal of!) and it is patently clear that they are doing this deliberately to make people think they are getting 'better' deals than they would usually get.

What a bunch of fookin' crooks! :dull:

Just switched on to Bid and James whatsisname and the gushy girl (not quite so gushy tonight) who's picking what to sell next, are pretending that the prices are going lower than they should be..... but it's so full of bs. I can hear a woman very faintly talking - presumably the microphone is picking up his earpiece - then James repeating what she is saying.

Sometimes it is obvious that scripts are being used. Peter Simon with his long ridiculous eulogies on the Royal British Legion products (you know, the 50p donation ones) are scripted. I'm sure it is used a lot generally on the shopping channels.

But what makes my skin crawl is when the presenters and assistants are pretending that something has gone wrong with the pricing or the telephones (which James has just been making a big deal of!) and it is patently clear that they are doing this deliberately to make people think they are getting 'better' deals than they would usually get.

What a bunch of fookin' crooks! :dull:

They did the assistant picking the order of the products on Sunday night as well as I said in The Vault thread

Also how nearly every item is less than what they paid for it and i've never seen it go this low before

The webcheck prices they do as well, They always find the highest but if you look you can often find it at or around their lock price

I know what you mean about pretending the price has gone wrong, Peter Simon at the weekend as 1 example was selling something and it plunged to :O noooooooo that can't be right, Well it says £38 here, Good luck if ya get it 0904 251 20 It should never have gone this low :O

If they didnt lie so much proper mistakes would be believable, I don't know how they get away with it all the time

Peter Simon with his long ridiculous eulogies on the Royal British Legion products (you know, the 50p donation ones) are scripted.

You know, I'm seriously thinking of going to some counselling sessions as I can hear Peter Simon's voice in my head at times with his eulogies about those blasted watches. I saw a Poppy appeal box in Tesco this morning and guess what crossed my mind?

I don't buy anything from Bid.TV, it just intrigues me with their sales technique. Paul Beque is probably the most genuine of presenters they have. Sigh.

You know, I'm seriously thinking of going to some counselling sessions as I can hear Peter Simon's voice in my head at times with his eulogies about those blasted watches. I saw a Poppy appeal box in Tesco this morning and guess what crossed my mind?

I don't buy anything from Bid.TV, it just intrigues me with their sales technique. Paul Beque is probably the most genuine of presenters they have. Sigh.

'Oooo int that lovely. Our Vera would love that. Congratulations if you get it'

'Terrific buy.....just buy it......absolutely stunning this.....' and that was last night over a 'gold finish' man's ring with a crystal accent which looked so cheap that they would probably have been in profit just from the price of the phone call! :hi:

Don't forget the ludicrously high "starting price" they often use (I'm sure I've seen a figure over £300) for a gold finish watch which must constitute some form of fraud if actually implied. If Sit-up shopping TV presenters were Pinnochio their nose(s) would have reached Japan by now :cheeky:

Plus extra deception points awarded for the classic "We can't make things up; we would get into trouble if we did" which just has to be a lie about lies :mysmilie_13:

It's all so awful it's completely compulsive viewing. I've never heard so much drivel, lies and blatant disregard of viewers intelligence in my life. And the tat they sell!!! Too funny!!!

Peter Simon should count himself lucky that Larry Grayson's not around for stealing his act lock, stock and barrel.

And I love watching Bid tv - it's like watching news reports about counterfeit goods where "Adidas" is spelt with 4 letter As and 3 letter Ds. :nod:

No wonder China's an emerging superpower with the amount of Chinese tat (*AHEM* of course I mean "high end designer goods) Bid sells, like "Christian Lars" and "Tommy & Kate". :giggle:

Latest posts

Back