QVC admit they send stock to customers, which gets sent back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

eOn this mornings morning show, kathy taylor said, it was the last presentation of todays Tianna B TSV, and told people to get onto waitlist now, as customers, will probably have ordered several colours, and will then send them back.

She said go on waitlist now, so you can get those which get sent back. We have assumed this for a while through QVC, but seems like today they have admitted it.

eOn this mornings morning show, kathy taylor said, it was the last presentation of todays Tianna B TSV, and told people to get onto waitlist now, as customers, will probably have ordered several colours, and will then send them back.

She said go on waitlist now, so you can get those which get sent back. We have assumed this for a while through QVC, but seems like today they have admitted it.

This is not the first time Kathy has been completely upfront with the viewer, I heard her clearly say the same during her presentation of the last DB TSV coat and posted it on here.

This is not the first time Kathy has been completely upfront with the viewer, I heard her clearly say the same during her presentation of the last DB TSV coat and posted it on here.

I quite like Kathy mind, its a pity, she has kinda got QVC's early morning shift, and does not get the chance latetr on in the day.

I quite like Kathy mind, its a pity, she has kinda got QVC's early morning shift, and does not get the chance latetr on in the day.

I completely agree she is by far a great asset to QVC I think she lacks confidence and feels of less value to the others.
Having her very own regular anchor morning slot she seems to be blossoming further and vastly out weighs any of the others.
Though wishing to see her later in the day, I can say I really love watching The Morning Show with Kathy and won't watch if she no longer presents it.

What I like about Kathy is that everything she says has substance. She might stutter and struggle with the words, but what she actually says is usually very useful and helpful. She's really thinking about what she says. The three new presenters - particularly Micael and Carmel - talk like running taps, but most of it is useless filler and endless repetitions of meaningless phrases. I can stand them for about 30 seconds before I have to turn off.

I don't understand the fuss about QVC sending out non-consumable returns. As long they have been checked and are not tainted or damaged in any way, what's the problem? I know some people have been unlucky and that's inexcusable, but I've not received anything in five years that's given me cause for concern.

As Kathy also said this morning, they are in the process of changing their sizing to UK - 10, 12 etc. Hopefully that will help cut down returns - for us as well as them!!

If you buy clothes off the rail in the High Street, or shoes etc, you have no idea how many people may have tried them on before you.

I don't understand the fuss about QVC sending out non-consumable returns. As long they have been checked and are not tainted or damaged in any way, what's the problem? I know some people have been unlucky and that's inexcusable, but I've not received anything in five years that's given me cause for concern.

As Kathy also said this morning, they are in the process of changing their sizing to UK - 10, 12 etc. Hopefully that will help cut down returns - for us as well as them!!

If you buy clothes off the rail in the High Street, or shoes etc, you have no idea how many people may have tried them on before you.

Just hope they have not been doing it for 30 days though:tongue:

But we would never know, would we? If I buy a dress from M & S, how would I know what had happened to it before I bought it? It could have been bought by ten customers who had all returned it. I do agree though, that QVC need to check thoroughly and as long as that happens, I would be happy. I today returned a Lola Rose piece that I have not worn. It's waitlist-I hope someone gets the chance to own it, rather than it going to outlet to be bought cheap and flogged on e-bay for a pittance!

How many times have I heard in the past both Glen and Ann say more often than not whilst doing clearance.
You'll receive your item of clothing from QVC box fresh unlike from the high street that's more than likely been tried on and kicked round the floor.

It would not matter at all about receiving returns if the product was new and looked new. We often get returns that look like they have been through the wringer. At M and S people do not generally take them home, wear the item out and about and then return it. That is the differnce between a QVC return

I always thought that waiting list meant that they brought in new stock later or they were items that people ordered and did not send in checks for them, how naive!!

How many times have I heard in the past both Glen and Ann say more often than not whilst doing clearance.
You'll receive your item of clothing from QVC box fresh unlike from the high street that's more than likely been tried on and kicked round the floor.

You are right Bags, they use this as a selling feature...and I too used to believe it!

QVC are a business, they are there to make money. To never send out returned goods would simply be commercial suicide.
Waitlist must be used for both, I mean as a possible return from a customer and a send out to another, but also for new stock coming in as well.
What annoy me is that their Quality control is so poor in that they do not check enough if a returned item has been used or has any sign of having been used left inside garment, bag ect, customer return slips having been removed and so on. For that shoddy workmanship there is no excuse!

If I wanted an item enough to go on waitlist for I wouldn't mind a return as long as it was in good order.

Like some others have said it would be ridiculous for QVC not to send out returns.

Well I bought some linen trousers from M&S a couple of months ago that had clearly been more than "tried on". I tried on a couple of different pairs and decided to buy the style I'd tried on in a different colour. Picked it up off the rail, paid for it and took them home. When I took them out of the bag although the labels were style on them somehow someone had managed split the back seam from arse to waist. I could not believe it! What kind of gymnastics had they been up to to do that eh?? The mind boggles.

What a fight I had to get my money back. They clearly assumed I'd done it.

QVC sends out returns but so does every other retailer. You pays yer money and takes yer choice. Or my case takes yer chance that you might not get yer money back if you don't dig yer heels in.

I bought a dress from QVC that was clearly a return. But it was in perfect condition. The only reason I knew is because the bag it came in had been taped up. If it hadn't been for that I'd have been none the wiser.

Well I bought some linen trousers from M&S a couple of months ago that had clearly been more than "tried on". I tried on a couple of different pairs and decided to buy the style I'd tried on in a different colour. Picked it up off the rail, paid for it and took them home. When I took them out of the bag although the labels were style on them somehow someone had managed split the back seam from arse to waist. I could not believe it! What kind of gymnastics had they been up to to do that eh?? The mind boggles.

What a fight I had to get my money back. They clearly assumed I'd done it.

QVC sends out returns but so does every other retailer. You pays yer money and takes yer choice. Or my case takes yer chance that you might not get yer money back if you don't dig yer heels in.

I bought a dress from QVC that was clearly a return. But it was in perfect condition. The only reason I knew is because the bag it came in had been taped up. If it hadn't been for that I'd have been none the wiser.

that's awful! doesn't sound like m&s customer service is much better than qvc's. bad enough having to trudge back there without being accused of doing it! (and my guess would be someone who should have been in a bigger size, bending over)

My Diane Gilman tunic top arrived today. I put my glasses on in double quick time and went over it with a fine tooth comb after reading this thread!! It is brand new and is a lovely fit so I am a happy bunny. Before joining this forum I had no idea at all that you run the risk of getting a return when you order something. Honestly! I suppose with any feedback on shopping telly, you hear more about the bad things than the good.

One thing though, I would never order anything on waitlist again. Mainly because previous items i have ordered on waitlist have never arrived, but also you stand more of a chance getting a return from waitlist. Another thing learnt from the good folk on here.

This is why I don't get why they don't have people mark on the returns form if something has just been tried on, or if it has been given a tryout run, even if the labels are still on. If it has just been tried on, it isn't a nice thought but it is the same as other shops and catalogues. But because of their guarantee you can use and return, they need to differentiate. I know they would still need to check carefully, but having people tick a box might help with that process. I think they need to clarify what they say about returns, because too much of it is obviously lies at the moment. If they said, yes we do send out some but if any damaged or dirty ones go out it is a bad oversight, which we're trying to improve, that would at least be a start. Meanwhile, I'm still in shock from what I read on the other thread about returns!

I couldn't agree more. In all the years I've been buying from QVC I've only twice had reason to complain – and that was when the wrong items were sent (but in the correct boxes). I have never had an issue with the condition of any item I have received – whether on waitlist or not and yet I've been in high street stores and seen lipstick-smeared clothing hanging on rails seemingly unnoticed. How could a company possibly hope to maintain the 'no-quibble' 30-day MBG and never re-use any item that is sent back? They would be out of business in a few months! I also know that normally the percentage of stuff sent back is very low and that suppliers are required to supply goods that get no more than a few percentage of returns.

I agree, returns are a fact of business life but......QVC should be upfront and honest about it, not promote the fresh from the box bit as a selling feature,double check all returns to make sure they don't look used. I once ordered a £130 Kipling leather bag and it arrived and looked like it had been slept in. It was returned and the second one was worse. When I checked with customer services, all the remaining bags were returns and in the same condition. That is not providing a proper level of service and all the bags looked second hand and they sere selling them as new. Partly not QVCs fault if the leather did not stand up to wear but that it an issue between them and the manufacturer and not the poor customer who thinks they are getting something new. I do not mind getting a return if the price of the item is not high .i.e I do not expect to be spending over £100 and get something that someone else has had.

Latest posts

Back