Christmas guest presenters?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
Do they drive you mad ? Beverly Cressman, Jill Gorman and Anne Dorrington make me switch off quicker than anyone else. Beverly is the worst, she never stops talking in that stupid babylike voice, Jill Gorman must have a house the size of Wales as she claims to have everything she presents. Anne Dorrington swooning over cheap glass Cristmas jewellery that they drag out every year. Ok rant over, I just wondered if it was just me(getting old) or do you find them annoying?:headbang:

Do they drive you mad ? Beverly Cressman, Jill Gorman and Anne Dorrington make me switch off quicker than anyone else. Beverly is the worst, she never stops talking in that stupid babylike voice, Jill Gorman must have a house the size of Wales as she claims to have everything she presents. Anne Dorrington swooning over cheap glass Cristmas jewellery that they drag out every year. Ok rant over, I just wondered if it was just me(getting old) or do you find them annoying?:headbang:

Think last night she said last Christmas she'd put a garland on the shed.:emo:

Sounds about right Bags, they just drive me mad,they must think we are all stupid.

i can't stand the way qvc start xmas in july and have the tree up 3 months ahead. granted i don't like xmas but if i did, i'd be sick to death of it by the time it arrived. so no comment on the presenters - might look in in a month's time ;)

yes they drive me mad - but QVC drive me bonkers with "guests" anyway.

years ago as I remember,there wasn't a guest for every range,as it seems mostly today.sometimes you would have got 2 qvc presenters together if it was for something special like gold day,diamonique day etc...

but forward to today and it seems that most if not all,have a guest.....and shows can only be done when their guest is here.I presume thats why we have overload of certain shows at certain times..........you can guarantee that we must endure a weekend of kim & co,honoro,ojon,smashbox,mally etc just to get the "most" from the relevant guest.

I love laura geller but hate that her stuff is on,only when she can be here.Rarely have I seen a LG product just "pop!" up on a show- I presume because she or johnny aren't here

Last edited:

Jill Gorman or Gill gauntlet?

Like Anne and Jill but not keen on Beverley

I am beginning to feel I should have Christmas decorations up in my home already - if the shops are doing it then maybe we should?

Who is the lady with the dark long bob? Always immaculate without a hair out of place....I love her hair! But yes, they annoy the hell out of me, as does xmas!!

Well I've nothing for the shed, wheelie bin enclosure, compost heap, waterbutt, green house, stable block, outhouses, dovecot, patio heater,solar lights,fish pond, dog loo and the outside WC as yet. :tongue:
So if anyones got any ideas from Jill I'd be grateful, so I can get all sorted. :cheeky:

:angel:

Who is the lady with the dark long bob? Always immaculate without a hair out of place....I love her hair! But yes, they annoy the hell out of me, as does xmas!!

If you mean the one with it cut shorter at the back you could mean Jill, who decorates her shed with a garland.
Though according to Frazzled that's commonplace, so I'm so out of touch and need to get more with the times.:cheeky:

thats Gill Gauntlet (not Gorman). she's been doing a fewe other items such as mops and whatnot of late.

I think the OP may have got Beverley Cressman and Anne Dorrington mixed up? Dorrington is the one who does a baby voice every time she sees a toy, a bear, a snowman or any item whatsoever which is covered in felt. she was doing a baby voice a ****** christmas keyring last week. Bizarrely (according to whats been said on air before) she used to be a shopping telly presenter in Canada. Not a guest, a presenter.

I quite like Beverley Cressman, there appears to be an underlying irony in the way she presents certain items, like she knows, that we know, that only the real saddos of this world would buy it. she used to be in grange hill as a child actor apparently.

Beverley Cressman gets on my pip !! Her voice is so annoying I turn off immediately she appears.

I don't have a shed but I have one of those outside garden stores with the green lid I could string a few lights over & some tinsel. And theres always the BBQ:tongue:

Can't stand them - especially that awful Beverley woman - has she been on yet with the pack of bags/tags/wrapping paper?

Is Gill the one obsessed with candles and glass, every year same old stuff...she then put greenery around them and presumably burns her house down. Well she always has something in the hall, kitchen, kid's bedrooms..it's now a crime just to decorate your lounge!

Anne talks to too many toys and worries me.

I don't mind Bev, yes she tends to flog the card and wrapping kit every year but is quite ok to watch IMHO.

Last edited:
Jill's Comment

In the 11am show this morning whilst Jill was presenting the wind spinners, she commented I know it sounds like I have everything, but I get sent samples to try.:thinking:

Anyone miss Dexter wearing his viewer handmade Christmas waistcoats?:heartbroke:

Well she always has something in the hall, kitchen, kid's bedrooms..it's now a crime just to decorate your lounge!

Our Mama used to get us to decorate the whole house! (This was when the Queen was a young mother lol).
We made paper chains - the lick & stick variety - for Britain. Miles of them. They trailed through the whole house.
We also made paper lanterns (doubled up for Halloween) courtesy of Picture Book (Monday's Watch with Mother) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE9dsOu3oE8&feature=related

Latest posts

Back