Limited stock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£1 MEGADROP1

Registered Shopper
Just a quick question, Does the stock become limited at a set percentage remaining or just when they decide to make it limited?, I ask because i've just been watching them selling a Exclusively his 9ct gold finish crystal band ring, The size Y went limited at 51 remaining, the size s went at 22 remaining and the size V went limited with about 46 remaining, 51 at this time of night doesnt seem limited to me

Do they do it just to make people panic that they are about to miss out or will each quantity have reached say 20% left from the start amount and made it limited automatically?

They were not selling quick either so I can't imagine they had hundreds of 1 size to begin with

Last edited:
I think they do put items 'limited' to make potential buyers panic or if an item isn't selling as fast as they'd like.

Majority of the gents rings they sell are abominations. They look like they belong in a plumbers toolbox!

Some presenters verbally tell producers that items should be 'limited' due to less than 10 remaining! So it must be manually set by whoever is controlling the onscreen graphics.

I think they do put items 'limited' to make potential buyers panic or if an item isn't selling as fast as they'd like.

Majority of the gents rings they sell are abominations. They look like they belong in a plumbers toolbox!

Some presenters verbally tell producers that items should be 'limited' due to less than 10 remaining! So it must be manually set by whoever is controlling the onscreen graphics.

Nothing is beyond these spivs! They can number crunch with the best. What is more surprising is that anyone buys this crap jewellery, the mens is by far the worst. Have you seen those 'gold coloured/plated ' chains thay are knocking out now? Five minutes on and you have a green neck

Have you got one then, Tasi?

When I was a young teenager in the early 1960's Benny, we all used to go to Woolworths to buy our jewellery... Five minutes in a hot room and your fingers wrists and neck had green rings around them under the 'gold'. Happy days!!!

Does anyone else Remember buying 45rpm records in Woolies in the 60': Parlaphone, Decca, His Master's Voice? And the broken biscuit counter? No fancy wrapping in those days was there?

Yes I do and have still got my record collection (45s and some 78s) in the loft!! Bobby Vee -Buddy Holly- Elvis etc etc. Memories of a very misspent youth

Ah Tasi: that was when you could go for a night out for 1p and still have enough money left over for chips on the bus home... :giggle:

Bid are just glorified market traders, but they DO have an audience who are prepared to buy. As well as one that is prepared to mock and sneer :smirk:

If I was them, I'd turn the lighting down a bit and get rid of the more "exuberant" presenters. All they do is exemplify just how cheap the business is. Doesn't make me want to purchase anything from them. Not even "gold" jewellery that would make my skin green.

Nope. Limited is set to 33% stock remaining.

I'm sure that may be the case majority of the time but sometimes it has had me thinking if they are controlling things to their advantage. Meh will have to see when I've next got Bid on. :)

Latest posts

Back